Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamra Barney - Season 3

FORT Fogey

Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by ladychat;2742443;
    But your 100K is steady, year after year. Not up and down like people without degrees.
    Does education mean ignorance? There are a lot of people with degrees that are unemployed. There are a lot of people without college degrees that have NEVER been unemployed and they have steady year after year income. And many even make in the 100k range.
    Been to the airport lately? 99% of the airline employees (not counting pilots) are not college educated. YEP! The ones that work to put you 40,000 feet in the air just have a HS education. Maybe even just their GED. Oh and most are well traveled and make around 75k a year.

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2742940;
    Does education mean ignorance? There are a lot of people with degrees that are unemployed. There are a lot of people without college degrees that have NEVER been unemployed and they have steady year after year income. And many even make in the 100k range.
    Been to the airport lately? 99% of the airline employees (not counting pilots) are not college educated. YEP! The ones that work to put you 40,000 feet in the air just have a HS education. Maybe even just their GED. Oh and most are well traveled and make around 75k a year.
    This sounds like a personal attack. Since I don't know you, I will edit my response.

When there are downturns in the economy, the uneducated worker is the first to go. Period.

You sound angry.....reality bites?
    East of Reality

FORT Fanatic

I am calling for a truce here.
    After all, we are talking about RHOOC not viewers.

FORT Regular

I think we can all agree that actually having a college degree is not going to prevent someone from succeeding in a career, though it certainly doesn't guarantee it either. It sure as hell doesn't hurt to have that degree, while it often hurts not to. Obviously it takes a good work ethic, brains, the right attitude, and the will to succeed, in addition to the degree.

And I'm sorry, but the only people working for airlines making 6 figures without a degree would possibly be some of the pilots. And it's not as if they graduate high school and hop into the cockpit of a commercial jet. They have to work just as hard, if not harder, to learn to fly and they put in thousands of hours to work their way up to that point - even then they are usually working weekends and holidays away from their families. And if you know people with degrees who are unemployed, it's not because of their degree.

Frankly, other than people in their 50's who've been in the work force for 30+ years, the people I know without a college degree are answering phones or installing carpet for a living. Sure they could start their own business and make a fortune. But having a degree certainly wouldn't prevent them from doing that either.

Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by ladychat;2742953;
    This sounds like a personal attack. Since I don't know you, I will edit my response.

When there are downturns in the economy, the uneducated worker is the first to go. Period.

You sound angry.....reality bites?
    I didn't mean to start a huge discussion about educated and uneducated people :nono . Lets go back to discussing Tamara's boobs again.
    Big Brother

So Tamra has how many kids: Ryan (21), Spencer, (9?10?), a daughter (age unknown) and a baby boy(2?). The older 3 seem to be old enough to pitch in while she recuperates.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

She also has a nanny, which probably helped during her recuperation

FORT Regular

Considering Tamra may not have had to pay for the procedure (check out her latest blog on Bravo. It reads like an infomericial for Dr. A) she would have no problem hiring extra help if need be. Honestly, couldn't the show come up with a better story line? Or was she worried people would notice her "girls" looked a wee smaller? Either way, I don't find breast reductions and/or enhancement surgeries entertaining in the least. Now the tatoo removal on her lower backside ... that's a different story ... I'm dying to know how that goes. Just kidding!

A whole story line on mom and son removing tattoos while Simon cares for them and the smaller children might make for an interesting show or shows. Could be like Mr. Mom/Nurse runs wild trying to get everything done while running the home. They could hire that nanny from the Kardashians to help out by the pool.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2743229;
    A whole story line on mom and son removing tattoos while Simon cares for them and the smaller children might make for an interesting show or shows. Could be like Mr. Mom/Nurse runs wild trying to get everything done while running the home. They could hire that nanny from the Kardashians to help out by the pool.
    Brilliant suggestion! That nanny from the Kardashians is perfect but if she's not available, I know a certain ex-Coto girl who might be willing to dress up as a French Maid again and watch the little ones (and Simon). Heck she may even do it for free if it means getting air time for her ummm ... what was the name of that song ... oh yeah, something about wanting to be someone's girl.