Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamra Barney - Season 3

Big Brother

Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

I don't mean to be rude, but it is my experience that the only people that tend to downplay the value of education typically haven't attained anything beyond a high school degree.

I don't believe that a college degree guarantees a high salary or success in one's career, nor do I believe it should.

I went to school for 4 years, got my degree. Now I work for a big advertising company in L.A. I make peanuts compared to the guys in sales, who most never finish college or went. Should I have spent those 4 years getting sales expierence instead? I don't think people respect a college degree anymore.
    Last edited by Yardgnome; 01-05-2008 at 01:43 PM.
    Big Brother

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

I don't believe that a college degree guarantees a high salary or success in one's career, nor do I believe it should.

That is precisely the argument of a person who feels very entitled based on nothing. IMO
    East of Reality

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by withinterest;2742532;
    I hear you and agree completely. My response was not tied to your initial comments. I also have a M.S., my annual income is approximately the same.

In addition to my thoughts on education I want to add the following: how much you make is not as important as the amount of money you are able to keep. The people on the RHOOC appear to be leaking money like a sieve. Most wealthy people I know do not have similar lifestyles. (Wealth being defined as a net worth of $5M or more in liquid assets not including your primary residence.)

I don't believe that these people are rich or wealthy. (With the exception of George. The others appear to be wage earners; not people living off of income from investments.) I could be completely wrong; you can never really know how much money a person has.

If they do have money now, I don't believe they will keep it. Take Lauri for instance, her financial situation is perilous. One more divorce and she is back in her townhouse. Another example is Slade. Again, I attribute this to lack of knowledge and education. However, it is entirely possible for an educated person to also fail prey to consumerism and invest their resources in appearances and other things that will not create a financial return.
    In other words, one is less likely to make financial decisions without thinking ahead. It really is all about what you keep.
    East of Reality

Big Brother

Simon? Is that you? LOL.

I wish? His lifestyle, cars, and get Tamara in my bed every night

We would never leave the bedroom.LOL

Maybe if I skipped school and sold cars when I was 19.
    Last edited by Yardgnome; 01-05-2008 at 01:43 PM.
    Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by seanp1071;2742622;
    I went to school for 4 years, got my degree. Now I work for a big advertising company in L.A. I make peanuts compared to the guys in sales, who most never finish college or went. Should I have spent those 4 years getting sales expierence instead? I don't think people respect a college degree anymore.
    Seanp1071,

What is holding you back from moving to a sales job? Do you feel that your contribution to your company is not important because you are not compensated based upon a % of income that you generate? If you believe money is the primary indicator of success, why not change careers?

Quote Originally Posted by seanp1071;2742639;
    Simon? Is that you? LOL.

I wish? His lifestyle, cars, and get Tamara in my bed every night

We would never leave the bedroom.LOL

Maybe if I skipped school and sold cars when I was 19.
    Eeel. (Lol) I don't get it. I guess there are a lot of men that would agree with you. Do you think Brittney Spears is EVEN more attractive than Tamra? Brittney has a lot more money than Tamra. Brittney is successful, wouldn't you agree?

FORT Regular

I would guess that the fantasy of women like Tamra is a lot better than the reality.

Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by withinterest;2742675;
    Eeel. (Lol) I don't get it. I guess there are a lot of men that would agree with you. Do you think Brittney Spears is EVEN more attractive than Tamra? Brittney has a lot more money than Tamra. Brittney is successful, wouldn't you agree?
    I dont think Britney is attractive anymore. She used to be smokin

I'm not attracted to Tamara's money. She is smokin hot with out a dime.
    Big Brother

Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by withinterest;2742670;
    Seanp1071,

What is holding you back from moving to a sales job? Do you feel that your contribution to your company is not important because you are not compensated based upon a % of income that you generate? If you believe money is the primary indicator of success, why not change careers?
    Not that easy. I dont have the flare that sales people have. To change careers now wold take a huge undertaking. I can dream though.
    Big Brother

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by seanp1071;2742702;
    Not that easy. I dont have the flare that sales people have. To change careers now wold take a huge undertaking. I can dream though.

After College, it takes about 5 years to acquire experience and more marketable skills. However 10 years down the road, one with a bachelor or more finds himself or herself in a managerial position. It just takes a little while.
    While I admire Vicky's work ethics and drive, I do think she would rise higher if she had a bs or an ms. JMO.