Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamra Barney - Season 3

FORT Regular

Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2741153;
    I would guess in Simon's case, the expense would be classified in the "entertainment" section of their family budget
    lol

Wonder if Fletcher-Jones picked up the tab on the reduction??

FORT Regular

Thanks for the Welcome!

Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by limom;2739525;
    What game?
    The pathetic women game?
    I wish she would do herself a favor and go to college.
    Now that would be a worthwhile investment in her future.
    She is far from being stupid and a little education would do wonder for her self-esteem and potential earnings as well.
    Why go to college. I did. And she is has more than 90% of college grads.
    Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by seanp1071;2741401;
    Why go to college. I did. And she is has more than 90% of college grads.
    That's right! Save the money for the little ones. The big "lump" Ryan is a lost cause.

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

I hate to say this, but college graduates make peanut money and can barely survive unless they choose the higher-paying careers (doctor, lawyer), but even then you have to be pretty good to make the big bucks.

College may broaden your horizons and open some doors, but it doesn't guarantee a good paycheck.
    Last edited by IstateTheFacts; 01-04-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IstateTheFacts;2741684;
    I hate to say this, but college graduates make peanut money and can barely survive unless they choose the higher-paying careers (doctor, lawyer), but even then you have to be pretty good to make the big bucks.

College may broaden your horizons and open some doors, but it doesn't guarantee a good paycheck.
    Nothing "guarantees" a paycheck. Certainly hard work, strong work ethic, honest, maybe even enjoyable to be around all help. You cast a really large net out there...

I believe in education. Having said that, it's what you DO with your education. Just graduating from a college or university does not entitle one to anything. If you're lazy and unmotivated it doesn't matter if you have 10 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesper;2741710;
    Nothing "guarantees" a paycheck. Certainly hard work, strong work ethic, honest, maybe even enjoyable to be around all help. You cast a really large net out there...

I believe in education. Having said that, it's what you DO with your education. Just graduating from a college or university does not entitle one to anything. If you're lazy and unmotivated it doesn't matter if you have 10 degrees.
    This is SO true. All these bratty college grads think just because they have a piece of paper (which really is a dime a dozen for a BA/BS anymore!) that they are entitled to six figure jobs upon graduation.

Wake-up Youngins! You actually have to WORK and "pay your dues" and move up the corporate ladder like the rest of the world - you entitled brats!!
    Yes that includes Ryan, Ashley, McKenzie, Sophia, Lindsey, Megan, Shane, Colton, Kara, Brianna, Michael and any other snot-nosed reality kid I missed!

Bummer you have to drive a used car, RENT and have roommates, eat Mac n' Cheese and buy your clothes from a discount store - THE HORROR!!

Quote Originally Posted by SindyLew;2741517;
    That's right! Save the money for the little ones. The big "lump" Ryan is a lost cause.
    This little ones might grow up and wind up taking care of big brother through his nursing home years, G-d forbid be work a steady job.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fanatic

There are just many jobs where a college education is required. While having money is easier, being educated is much sexier.
    All professional such as nurses, accountants do have a college degrees minimum.
    Of course being a stripper is open to all but an education will come more handy especially when approaching 50.
    Tamra could marry her love of surgery with an RN degree for example and reach 6 figures in an atmosphere that agrees with her love of Beauty.

I have personally found education to be useful. When I consider my hopes for my children, I would encourage them to pursue more education than I have, not less.

I don't mean to be rude, but it is my experience that the only people that tend to downplay the value of education typically haven't attained anything beyond a high school degree.

I don't believe that a college degree guarantees a high salary or success in one's career, nor do I believe it should.

College graduates cannot chose to be a lawyer or doctor without attaining additional education and completing required exams (the bar, the boards, etc.) The ability to attain such credentials typically indicates a high degree of application, focus, application and intellectual rigor. (Perhaps a little more than is required to pass the state realtor's exam.)

You can attain a JD, pass the bar and still earn what might be considered a low salary to our rich RHOOC ladies. A judge in certain jurisdictions might earn less than someone in insurance sales (like Vicky).

I am making a guess that an educated person is less likely to
    have silicon injected into their bodies, experience significant pain and think that it makes sense to undergo another procedure to put a different (smaller) pair back in, like Tamra.

I am also guessing that an educated person would be less likely to hastily purchase a $1M + home, decide that they don't want it and naively think that it would be a risk-free investment in an overheated and souring housing market.