Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 713

Thread: Tamra Barney - Season 3

  1. #181
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Reality
    Posts
    2,365

    Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2691119;
    Tamra's and Laurie's futures are with their respective mates...not with their sons. Their sons, in all liklihood, will move on to marry (or not) and start their own families. At least we hope they will. There is nothing more pathetic than a man/woman who never leaves home and begins their own life. The mothers will always love their children, no argument, but they cannot live their lives for their children. I don't think there is anything wrong with going where your best interest lies.

    My grandmother always said, "You can love a rich man just as easily as you can a poor one!" Hell, it's probably a little easier!!
    When you have minor children, your "best interest lies" with finishing what you started, RAISING THE CHILD THAT YOU GAVE BIRTH TO. The hunt for something warm can wait.
    If you raise your children RIGHT, they WILL leave home and start their own life. And then when the parents are elderly, they will return the favor.

  2. #182
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    132

    Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2691291;
    When you have minor children, your "best interest lies" with finishing what you started, RAISING THE CHILD THAT YOU GAVE BIRTH TO. The hunt for something warm can wait.
    If you raise your children RIGHT, they WILL leave home and start their own life. And then when the parents are elderly, they will return the favor.
    Otherwise referred to as "the circle of life". These women just don't get it.

  3. #183
    Coffee Milk Addict MissNomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    'A' is for Apple Pie!
    Posts
    212

    Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2691119;
    Tamra's and Laurie's futures are with their respective mates...not with their sons. Their sons, in all liklihood, will move on to marry (or not) and start their own families. At least we hope they will. There is nothing more pathetic than a man/woman who never leaves home and begins their own life. The mothers will always love their children, no argument, but they cannot live their lives for their children. I don't think there is anything wrong with going where your best interest lies.

    My grandmother always said, "You can love a rich man just as easily as you can a poor one!" Hell, it's probably a little easier!!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but "being rich IS easier" !!!

  4. #184
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

    Amen! And Ryan is 21 years old. An adult, or so he tells it. Are those minor children Simon's? I assumed then are. And how old is the "drug boy", who thinks he is grown (Laurie's son?) You can't "raise" children forever, and they will be the first ones to let you know that. There comes a point in your life where you remember to start thinking about yourself, because you owe it to yourself AND your children.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 11-26-2007 at 12:05 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  5. #185
    FORT Regular PinkyParker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    119

    Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2691119;
    Tamra's and Laurie's futures are with their respective mates...not with their sons. Their sons, in all liklihood, will move on to marry (or not) and start their own families. At least we hope they will. There is nothing more pathetic than a man/woman who never leaves home and begins their own life. The mothers will always love their children, no argument, but they cannot live their lives for their children. I don't think there is anything wrong with going where your best interest lies.

    My grandmother always said, "You can love a rich man just as easily as you can a poor one!" Hell, it's probably a little easier!!
    My Grandmother always said, "Blood is thicker than water," and "there is no love more true and unconditional than that between a mother and her child." Tamra is married to the father of three of her children, and she does need to balance the conflict between her oldest ne'er do well son, and her husband. Lauri, on the other hand, placed her need to find a man above the needs of her children. She allowed a man she knew was a drug abuser into her home, around her minor kids, and when Ashley spoke up (S1), she got the boot. She banished her troubled son (S2), for George. Are you guys seeing a pattern here? Something else too that goes along with her inability to do what is best for her children, her relationship with her exes, both of which she has children with. There were stories she made horrible allegations against her first ex, and she bad mouthed Sophia and Josh's dad on S2. Did she ever stop to think that whatever she felt about him, that saying negative things about their dad on tv was maybe not in their best interest? If she was thoughtless enough to say those things on camera, can you imagine what she said to those kids about their dad when the camera wasn't rolling? Whatever happenned to keeping adult conflicts away from the kids when they are trying to adjust to a divorce. She has never done or said anything to me that indicates that she thinks of anyone but herself, she doesn't seem to have an ounce of concern for how what she says and does affects her kids. Nope, Lauri ALWAYS does what is best for HER, regardless of the fallout with her kids. Tamra seems to be trying to help her son, and keep the peace in her family, whether she is going about it the right or wrong way, I give her credit for not walking away from her son.
    If you had windows you'd be a building

  6. #186
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    132

    Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkyParker;2691489;
    Did she ever stop to think that whatever she felt about him, that saying negative things about their dad on tv was maybe not in their best interest? If she was thoughtless enough to say those things on camera, can you imagine what she said to those kids about their dad when the camera wasn't rolling? She has never done or said anything to me that indicates that she thinks of anyone but herself, she doesn't seem to have an ounce of concern for how what she says and does affects her kids.
    Totally agree with everything you said but let's take it even a step further. Ashley recently commented that the only mistake her mother ever made was marrying her ex. Gee if Lauri hadn't married Phil then Ashley would have been an only child. Did Ash stop and consider how this type of comment might make Josh and Sophia feel? Unlikely. She had a good teacher and now she is supposed to be the role model for George's kids. God help them.

  7. #187
    FORT Regular PinkyParker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    119

    Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoeGoddess;2691502;
    Totally agree with everything you said but let's take it even a step further. Ashley recently commented that the only mistake her mother ever made was marrying her ex. Gee if Lauri hadn't married Phil then Ashley would have been an only child. Did Ash stop and consider how this type of comment might make Josh and Sophia feel? Unlikely. She had a good teacher and now she is supposed to be the role model for George's kids. God help them.

    You are right on there ShoeGoddess. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it?
    If you had windows you'd be a building

  8. #188
    FORT Fogey New Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Back in the Big Apple!! Yeah!!
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoeGoddess;2691502;
    Totally agree with everything you said but let's take it even a step further. Ashley recently commented that the only mistake her mother ever made was marrying her ex. Gee if Lauri hadn't married Phil then Ashley would have been an only child. Did Ash stop and consider how this type of comment might make Josh and Sophia feel? Unlikely. She had a good teacher and now she is supposed to be the role model for George's kids. God help them.
    Does anyone really believe Ashley gives a hoot about how her siblings feel? Maybe she's imagining being the only child and them Mom marries Mr. Credit Cards? What a position that would be for her? Totally agree with your post, but had to add that I continuously see her as mini-Lauri.

    By the way, when watching the re-run yesterday, I get the impression that Lauri's attempt at being considered for an Oscar was heavily edited. Her comments don't make sense. She goes from saying that her son broke her heart by "moving in with George's ex," which doesn't warrant that type of reaction. Then there's some head movement and the tape becomes jerky. She goes on to the what kind of kid would do that to his mother, I'm the wronged one, comment. Something tells me that there was more to that than the viewers get and I think it could possibly be when Josh did his "tell-all" interview and outed her. It may be just me but I'm not real comfortable with the editing.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

  9. #189
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

    I fully understand and agree with all of this Lauri conversation, but this is Tamra's thread and not Lauri's. I don't feel comfortable discussing this in here.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  10. #190
    who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East of Reality
    Posts
    472

    Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2691802;
    I fully understand and agree with all of this Lauri conversation, but this is Tamra's thread and not Lauri's. I don't feel comfortable discussing this in here.
    Didn't you know as any season of this trainwreck progresses, it becomes all Lauri, all the time?
    East of Reality

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.