Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamra Barney - Season 3

FORT Fan

Re: Tamra Barney - Season 3

Tamra has posted pictures of the housewives in New York on her MySpace. Who is that guy in the pink shirt in the Project Runway pic? Is that Greg Brady?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Girl;2660507;
    Tamra has posted pictures of the housewives in New York on her MySpace. Who is that guy in the pink shirt in the Project Runway pic? Is that Greg Brady?
    Yep Greg Brady aka Andy Cohen. These women were bundled up for winter. It was pretty mild here last week. Did they think going to the East coast meant they needed to break out the wool coats and scarves?

And the picture of Times Square? Not even going there
    Last edited by bewty; 11-11-2007 at 05:13 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SindyLew;2659963;
    yput! What a wonderful father! See, they wouldn't have put your family on this show as you are too well adjusted and a nice family!

What would your dad have done if a long-in-the-tooth cougar like Lauri tried to dig her boney fingers into him?

You have to be screwed up like the Warings & Petersons. It's looking like the new family follows the same lines - with one episode under our belts, I'll hold off...but JUST For now!
    Honestly, I'm sure he would've told her he wasn't in a position to get married.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2657693;
    I am with you !!! Ryan seems extremely immature and that was just absurd to not make that phone call simply to be a rebel. Guess he's not in need of money? Maybe someone should take away his allowance and credit cards -- see if attitude changes then.

OK, here we go again with the people on this show. We have a new winner!!!
    As of right now Lauri has had 12 moving violations in the last five years, but hold on, Ryan has amassed an amazing 13 moving violations in the last five years, including being cited for driving over 100mph this past spring. It's all public and in all seriousness these kinds of repeating and reckless traffic records have a direct correlation as to the type of people/personalities involved here. Someone needs to do a serious beat down on Ryan's recklessness. But I am sure Tamra has no clue and unless he hurts someone (only a matter of time) she will never have a clue. Now that he is of drinking age, I am truly be frightened to know he is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpletonOC;2665783;
    OK, here we go again with the people on this show. We have a new winner!!!
    As of right now Lauri has had 12 moving violations in the last five years, but hold on, Ryan has amassed an amazing 13 moving violations in the last five years, including being cited for driving over 100mph this past spring. It's all public and in all seriousness these kinds of repeating and reckless traffic records have a direct correlation as to the type of people/personalities involved here. Someone needs to do a serious beat down on Ryan's recklessness. But I am sure Tamra has no clue and unless he hurts someone (only a matter of time) she will never have a clue. Now that he is of drinking age, I am truly be frightened to know he is out there.
    I have to disagree with one thing you said, simpleton. Tamra has to know about it - who else would be paying these fines for him?? And I doubt he has his own car insurance, so whose rates are skyrocketing as a result of all this? Maybe Simon has more reasons than we know to be angry with that kid, especially if he thinks Tamra has been bailing him out and covering up for him.

FORT Newbie

Margarita, you're right. I think though that my reference to having no clue is that Tamra has apparently no clue as to what to do. Or she does know, but is just too involved in herself and making sure $imon and his/their kids come first (whether she will admit to that or not).

This show is now getting quite entertaining to me as opposed to when I was previously repulsed by the 'wives' behavior and sick sense of entitlement and literally could only stand to watch for a few minutes. I now find it hilarious to witness how these people try to portray themselves and the ability for schleps like myself to easily find out, through these forums and public records to see what these people are TRULY about.

I think that every one of these women and their spouses has a dark side or story behind the facade they portray on TV. Look at Slade and his mess. The true story about Matt Keough. If the dark side stories are going to come out, it's when they are front and center on TV. Just like every other thread for reality TV I see, there is always someone who knows the people that will come on and share the dirt.

FORT Newbie

It's not so much as not revealing a 'dark side' or the fact that anyone supposedly 'in the know' can say something contrary to what is being portrayed on the screen, but what is going on here (and this may be inherent in 'Reality' shows) is that the 'Reality' is anything but, and the total picture is never fully shown. We all have issues that we would not like to have plastered in front of others, whether it be to friends, family or a worldwide television audience (that's right, 'Housewives' is braodcast in England as well as other countries), but to constantly portray such an elitist and self centered message that these individuals do, the producers of the show, while continuning to garner ratings, are begging the masses who are stupid enough (like me) to actually watch the show to harbor an ever increasing distaste for the characters portrayed. The reason I use the word 'characters' is because I believe that none of the women are all that they appear to be on the screen, and in one case - Lauri, it is practically a case of life imitating art in that here we had a woman without two nickels to show for herself (a fact know by many, but not necessarily shown on the show) and no parenting skills (a fact clearly shown on the show) when the show started to eventually becoming a woman that through God knows whatever means, has become what the show wanted - a self centered woman of entitlement with suddenly untold fortune and time to spare. Frankly this show has captivated many by simple fact that these are people WE LOVE TO HATE - hence you watch the 'show'. Perhaps hate is too harsh a word and I don't beleive for a moment that most of us want to be like them, but there is just no substanitial redeeming qualities in any of these women and the only reason people care is because they are on TV. Sorry for my rant.

very good points. It's when they say things like, "I've never been happier", etc. when everyone knows she has a son that is in serious trouble or when they say that what they have (a new 4,000 square foot house) is not good enough when the majority of americans have far less is what makes them the people we "Love to Hate".
    Last edited by SindyLew; 11-14-2007 at 02:25 PM. Reason: missing word

FORT Fanatic

I truly believe this show is simply a big commercial .
    Dunlop is making money both ways from Bravo and from the many products placement in the show.
    The hos are there to promote themselves and their sorry businesses "bella roche " for example and to get freebies.
    This is behind poor programming. It is total S**t.
    Verya is simply the last straw for me.
    I give up trying to find any redempting qualities in any of them!