Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tammy Knickerbocker - Season 3

Re: Tammy Knickerbocker - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams;2644053;
    Tammy will be just fine. To me, she seems to have her stuff together and will definitely come out on top when all this settles. She even stated, "I bring a balance, more of a realness to the show." She couldn't have said it any better. She is one classy lady that puts all the rest to shame.
    Different opinion here. I am watching the re-runs and something occured to me. Seems like her parenting was lacking somewhat. Meagan appears to have some deep-rooted anger issues and both she and Lindsay have emotional problems. Riley was 4 last season, but in all of his scenes he acted more like a 2 year old. The whole thing about the girls being traumatized by losing everything while so young is absurd. The only way they were traumatized by it is by being reminded of it all the time by their mom. I like Tammy alot, she seems very down to earth, but I really question her parenting abilities. Just my opinion.

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Margaritaville, I agree with you to a point. Yes, it seems all her kids have some very large issues, and her parenting seems a little more permissive and unauthoritative. But, maybe it is that way because when you lose everything, you become more emotionally indulgent to your children because they are lacking the "stuff" they used to have to make them happy. So, she lets them have their run of things because that's all she could give at any point. While understandable in the moment, I don't think she realized how there could be a negative long term problem. But overall, I agree with you.
    I like Tammy because she's the only one that hasn't expressed or shown any real insecurity. The only thing that has come out was her vulnerability. And those insecure women would rather be loud or over the top to cover it than show vulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2649007;
    Margaritaville, I agree with you to a point. Yes, it seems all her kids have some very large issues, and her parenting seems a little more permissive and unauthoritative. But, maybe it is that way because when you lose everything, you become more emotionally indulgent to your children because they are lacking the "stuff" they used to have to make them happy. So, she lets them have their run of things because that's all she could give at any point. While understandable in the moment, I don't think she realized how there could be a negative long term problem. But overall, I agree with you.
    I like Tammy because she's the only one that hasn't expressed or shown any real insecurity. The only thing that has come out was her vulnerability. And those insecure women would rather be loud or over the top to cover it than show vulnerability.
    Well put.

After seeing the first episode last night - I just have to say that Meagan and Lindsey need some serious help. They clearly thought that Daddy would take care of everything for life and they need not worry about silly things like jobs, rent, groceries, etc. The blame does not rest solely on Lou's shoulders, imo. It seems to me that Tammy really could have given them some real life help during all the years they lived at home -did she help them to understand how the bills get paid? Like when they lost "everything" - as we keep hearing? That in and of itself could have been a great lesson to those kids about doing what you've got to do to put food on the table and a roof over your head when "Daddy" is broke. Just my opinion.

And those girls don't even appreciate the room they have been given (for FREE) above Tammy's garage - they sit around moping about having to go to school and work. Completely ungrateful!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2653849;
    After seeing the first episode last night - I just have to say that Meagan and Lindsey need some serious help. They clearly thought that Daddy would take care of everything for life and they need not worry about silly things like jobs, rent, groceries, etc. The blame does not rest solely on Lou's shoulders, imo. It seems to me that Tammy really could have given them some real life help during all the years they lived at home -did she help them to understand how the bills get paid? Like when they lost "everything" - as we keep hearing? That in and of itself could have been a great lesson to those kids about doing what you've got to do to put food on the table and a roof over your head when "Daddy" is broke. Just my opinion.

And those girls don't even appreciate the room they have been given (for FREE) above Tammy's garage - they sit around moping about having to go to school and work. Completely ungrateful!
    I' ll give them some slack on that one. They just lost their dad.

I also thought it could be way worse. Tammy's comment about these things happen in life and you have to adjust and move on was refreshing instead of sitting and sulking! The kids were a little whiney but who enabled them? I actually thought there weren't that bad. Lindsay realizing that she has to work and go to school and that moving out with Megan would be expensive. She wanted to stay with her mom.

FORT Fanatic

I don't think these girls can realistically be expected to act any differently than they did. You have to remember that these scenes were filmed just a couple of months after Lou died. They were still in shock and mouning the loss of a parent at such a young age. Add to that the fact that even though they knew Lou had gone bankrupt years earlier, he had been rebuilding his wealth and they assumed that something would have been provided for them.

FORT Fogey

They did mention the thai wife was collecting $12,000 a month for nothing. I said in another thread that if I were them I'd get my rear over there and make her share. Take the cute little puppies (haha) and MOVE right in!

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

I have to admit, I was a little proud (did I say that??) of Lindsay. She seems to have her head on a little straighter. Afterall, she was the one telling her older sister how they can not move out because of Meghan's lack of income. And she was also the one making her older sister lunch/snack because Megs can't cook. Lindsay is still young and completely capable of stupidity, but Meghan is much older and shows less maturity in that episode than her younger sis. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2654396;
    I have to admit, I was a little proud (did I say that??) of Lindsay. She seems to have her head on a little straighter. Afterall, she was the one telling her older sister how they can not move out because of Meghan's lack of income. And she was also the one making her older sister lunch/snack because Megs can't cook. Lindsay is still young and completely capable of stupidity, but Meghan is much older and shows less maturity in that episode than her younger sis. JMO.

Meghan has consistently shown herself to be the less mature, more spoiled brat in the family. Lindsey definitely has the better shot at making something of herself. Just a question for my fellow FORT'rs -- if Meghan has no job and no source of income, who is paying for her manicures and hair bleach (terrible job, btw! ) ?