Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Tammy Knickerbocker - Season 3

Re: Tammy Knickerbocker - Season 3

The creditors come calling first. If his wife has an annuity, which it sounds as if she does, then she is taken care of until that runs out. So much for Lou's testimony to the camera.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2697856;
    No disrespect to the deceased intended - but that would have made GREAT TELEVISION !!
    Totally!!!! That's what 's shown in Europe and Mexico. Makes for super drama, especially when the mascara starts running and becomes raccoon eyes.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2698501;
    Totally!!!! That's what 's shown in Europe and Mexico. Makes for super drama, especially when the mascara starts running and becomes raccoon eyes.
    Don't they already have "raccoon eyes"?

They have the Coto version, not the international when you show emotion and the tears run. I guess in Coto, one can't show emotion and the tears are crocodile.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2698217;
    [/HTML]

This has always baffled me, why couldn't 21 year old Megan call 911?

"How to dial the phone in an emergency" must not have been a required course in the home schooling curriculum. [/QUOTE]

I believe Tammy said that Megan got to Lou's house as the paramedics were working on him so she wasn't there when he had the heart attack.

FORT Fan

I was being a bit tongue in cheek because they keep implying Lou's wife has all this money that is rightfully Megan and Lindsey's. I agree that he was more than likely, encumbered with debt. Any assets were probably in community property.

"Coto fabulous"....good one!

What also shocks me is that they never, ever mention that they miss HIM, spending time with him, his laugh, his smile, whatever they really loved about him as a human. They miss the money and nothing else.
    Also, they never mention that their siblings, and probably Lou's grandkids, ( I bet he had some) didn't get anything either. It's all about them.
    Remember when we first see Lou and he mentions that he hasn't talked to them for about 8 months. He admits he didn't call them. I think it was all about Lou until the cameras started rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2699457;
    What also shocks me is that they never, ever mention that they miss HIM, spending time with him, his laugh, his smile, whatever they really loved about him as a human. They miss the money and nothing else.
    Also, they never mention that their siblings, and probably Lou's grandkids, ( I bet he had some) didn't get anything either. It's all about them.
    Remember when we first see Lou and he mentions that he hasn't talked to them for about 8 months. He admits he didn't call them. I think it was all about Lou until the cameras started rolling.
    I couldn't agree more. With these girls, it's all about me and what I'm not getting anymore. When someone loses a parent they should be feeling sorrow about the lose of their parent and not dwelling continually on the fact that they no longer have a free ride in life. Nothing is guaranteed in life and in no way were they "guaranteed" to receive Lou's money when he passed. I'm really tired by their selfish behavior. Tammy isn't much better, she just enables them.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by classylassy;2698304;
    If Lou died with significant assets and without a will the girls will be entitled to share in the estate.
    My father died without a will while married to my so called step-mother. State law allows for a personal representative to be elected by the '"heirs" (that means you, Lindsay and Megan) to administrate the affairs of the Estate, including disbursement of assets. Either these girls have received LOUSY legal advice or they have received NONE. Even if Lou was married at the time of the death, a portion of his Estate belongs to the other heirs. The only way the "Thai wife" could walk away with everything is if her name was also on everything. My guess is that most of his assets, cars, property, etc.. were owned in the name of his corporation which means they belonged to the corporation and subsequently were passed on to the other officers of the corporation. I speak from experience having been involved in deaths in both circumstances....losing a father with no will, and assuming all the assets of a corporation of which I was a board member and having the other corporate officer pass away.

Unfortunately if the father passed away last summer too much time has probably passed for the girls to now try and gain their rightful share. Undoubtedly there are other issues that stand in the way of them inheriting anything, but it's a shame if they have waisted their time wining and moaning about getting nothing instead of hiring a good lawyer to advise them.

FORT Fan

CeeJay I suspect that they had good legal advice but there was nothing that they could personally get through intestate means.

I suspect all assets were corporate or community property. I do not believe for one minute that they did not explore their options.