Page 94 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lauri Waring - Season 3

FORT Regular

Re: Lauri Waring - Season 3

she is constantly wishing out loud that Josh could get his act together and be part of the family again. It ripped her heart out to have to do the tough love thing with Josh,
    She may have wished out loud for the camera, but I didn't see her DO anything to actually help him get his act together. And I disagree that it ripped her heart out. She was so nonchalant and seemed relieved to have an excuse to kick him out. She basically shrugged and said it was for his own good. Any real mother would have agonized over those decisions. Any real mother would have taken him to a real counselor IN PRIVATE. Any real mother would be too distraut over her son's issues to be "the happiest, luckiest woman in the world." Any concerned mother would not take her minor children on a vacation with a known cocaine addict and let them witness the man purchase drugs, and then make excuses for said man. If she's such an advocate for tough love, when didn't she apply it to her relationship with the druggie for the sake of her children?

Quote Originally Posted by Pron Star;2762415;
    There are so many Lauri wannabees around now. They try but they cant match her class and style. She really is the Queen of OC now and so many people cant handle it. They are soooo jealous. Emitation really is the sincerest form of flatery. When people realize they cant be her after all they spend their time hating her. She really is somebody to look up to and admire. She is a trend setter and loved by everybody who meets her. Just like when she went to buy her beutiful wedding dress she gets the star treatment everywhere she goes. Every minute of her life is 5 star luxury. It makes you feel good just to be seen with her and have people know you are part of her crew. Her and George have to have private security now just to be able to eat in peace when they go out. People mob them wanting their autographs. Others who don't know them but spend all their time hating them shouldd be so lucky.
    I think whether or not Lauri is lucky remains to be seen, let's see where she is at in a few years, after the cameras stop rolling. I don't think she is to be envied whatsoever, those who marry for money, earn it. I would never want to be like someone who continually put a man, and what he could provide, in front of her children. The whole viewing audience has seen how she brought a drug addict into her home, around her children, and when Ashley objected, Ashley was cut loose from the townhouse. We all saw how when Josh had issues and was at a very vulnerable stage in his life, she banished him to the townhouse, alone, and unsupervised, and when he let her down, she threw him out. There is nothing nurturing or protective about her mothering, she is a wolverine. We all saw how when her friend, Jo, was having issues with Slade, she moved right in and started dating him. She seems to have no concern, whatsoever, for how her selfish behavior affects her children or anyone else unfortunate enough to know her. She has never accomplished anything on her own, the townhouse was paid for with money she got from her ex, the mortgage payments with child support payments and alimony. Everything she has, including her car, and the clothes she wears, the trips she takes, all paid for with someone else's hardwork. Unless you are a gold digger, none of that is to be admired or envied. She is not pretty, she may have been, long ago, before she starting ruining her face with too much botox and lip filler, but not anymore.
    If you had windows you'd be a building

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2762698;
    Lauri has a flair for the dramatic, IMO - so I am not buying her "concern" for Josh at all. She didn't look at all concerned about her son when she saw him walk into the house to meet with the therapist - first instinct was to nag at him to pull up his pants. Priceless...

We also haven't seen any of that concern when she has said, ad nauseum, how she is the happiest she has ever been.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PinkyParker;2762749;
    . . . the townhouse was paid for with money she got from her ex, the mortgage payments with child support payments and alimony. Everything she has, including her car, and the clothes she wears, the trips she takes, all paid for with someone else's hardwork.
    There is no shame in collecting one's rightful share of the community property in a divorce. I remember in season 1, Josh recalling the fights between his mother and father, the screaming, the dishes being thrown. Must have been scary for a young child to witness such things. I get the impression that Lauri was a stay-at-home mother during her long marriage to Josh's father. It was a tough decision, but Lauri was right to put an end to such a volatile marriage. She EARNED every penny of that alimony and child support IMO.

FORT Regular

I just think that if my children are not thriving, it would be hard for me to imagine saying it was the happiest time of my life. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Girl;2762812;
    There is no shame in collecting one's rightful share of the community property in a divorce. I remember in season 1, Josh recalling the fights between his mother and father, the screaming, the dishes being thrown. Must have been scary for a young child to witness such things. I get the impression that Lauri was a stay-at-home mother during her long marriage to Josh's father. It was a tough decision, but Lauri was right to put an end to such a volatile marriage. She EARNED every penny of that alimony and child support IMO.
    Yes, I agree, seeing your parents fight is NOT good for children, clearly, it really affected Josh, so why then go on TV and bash your ex, for your children to see. Kids do not need hear their parents bash each other, and they sure as heck do not need to have one parent bashing the other on TV. If she was so worried about how all the turmoil in her marriage affected her kids, then why continue to contribute to it. Then, she turned right around and brought a drug addict into her home, with her troubled child, and then Josh got see the drug addict buy drugs, and when he told Lauri, she didn't believe him. Child support should be used to support the kids, not for botox, and jewelry, and paying the mortgage on a house that none of the children that she is collecting child support for live in. As far as the alimony, I would have a problem with her if she continued to collect alimony after she moved in with George, because, as we all saw, she quit working immediately. I think she is a hardcore golddigger, and a terrible mother, and neither of those qualities are anything to be envied or admired. What are her list of accomplishments? She married a wealthy man, and in the process, alienated her son, and pushed him further down the slippery slope he was on. Ashley is not independant, not college educated, and doesn't seem to have any direction in her life. I just don't admire that.

FORT Fanatic

I would love to have a conversation with Lauri's own mother.
    What does she think about her daughter and the way she treats her children?
    How about Lauri's sister?
    Why was Ashley maid of honor after all?
    So many questions remain unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Girl;2762682;
    Josh is never far from Lauri's thoughts
    I guess you are right. He wasn't far from her thoughts while he was in "boarding school" she had NO qualms about calling him and taunting him on what a good time she was having in Hawaii with the rest of the family.

Actually, didn't she and Ashley show how concerned they were, particularly since she stated he had an alcohol and drug problem by telling him how good their Mai Tai's tasted!

Yes, Pizza, now I see!

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Any real mother would have taken him to a real counselor IN PRIVATE.
    I have to agree 100% there.
    Why couldn't she have taken Josh to a Certified MFCC privately, and either went on camera well before the wedding and talked about how it turned out (negatively or postively). Why did she wait until supposed days or weeks before? I know....Because him being there was JUST FOR SHOW to the people they knew and the Bravo audience about how much she is trying with Josh and all his troubles. She wanted to minimally try, and when it blows up in her face, throw her arms up in the air and claim, "I tried!" She wasn't trying with that couselor. She just wanted to make sure he didn't raise hell while he was there. Keeping him out of it would have looked bad on her.

And Pron Star?? Come on.....
    My take on them needing security is that they just don't need it. I've seen them PLENTY of times in the mall (on the show) and not a single person bothered them and there were no men with ear pieces hovering around them. Please....

FORT Fanatic

The reason why she did not take Josh to a real counselor is that even Georgie Boy could not find one that would comp them.