Page 113 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1363103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1162
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lauri Waring - Season 3

Re: Lauri Waring - Season 3

Question - does anyone know why Josh moved in with George's ex-wife? That seems a little wierd, huh? Who was she? How did he know her? Did he just do it to spite Lauri? Regardless, I am glad that he appears to be getting his life together.

Quote Originally Posted by girlygrl;2777859;
    Question - does anyone know why Josh moved in with George's ex-wife? That seems a little wierd, huh? Who was she? How did he know her? Did he just do it to spite Lauri? Regardless, I am glad that he appears to be getting his life together.
    In some episode it came out that he was friends with George's son from that ex-wife. I guess when Laurie put him out his friend's mother felt sorry for him and gave him a place to stay. I really don't believe it was meant to stick it to Laurie. Maybe George's ex-wife saw it that way but she was helping Josh too. Where did Laurie want Josh to go? The street? He went to stay at his friend's house! Where else would a kid his age go in that circumstance? While Laurie was so busys enjoying her new life, feeling like royalty, she should have been spending time with this young man.
    Last edited by tictac; 01-31-2008 at 07:07 PM.

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

Lauri doesn't bug me that much. I know she is one of the least liked ones on this forum. I don't agree with spending foolish money on a wedding, but it doesn't affect me. She is in denial and everything will fall apart after this show ends. I have a crystal ball. Show ends >>> George leaves >>>fame goes away >>>less money coming in >>>>divorce >>>back to working for Vicki and raising your grown kids in the townhouse. Sorry, but I am a realist. I don't know her, never met her in my life, and what she does, does not affect me. I don't know her ex or George's ex, but I can easily look at this as an outsider with no feelings whatsoever (angry or jealous).
    Last edited by IstateTheFacts; 01-31-2008 at 11:48 PM.

George is an idiot. Along with his baggage, now he has to schlep around all of HERS too! George is too much of a pussy to handle all of that! I think that will be a contributing factor to the demise of their "fairytale". For him, the sooner the better. Cut your loses and move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rose;2776906;
    Lauri's apology to the chick-a-gorillas who may have been offended by McKenzie's remark was really ill-advised. Who writes this stuff? Or did Lauri write that little speech herself? Why not just say the remark was insentive and totally inappropriate and McKenzie regrets it very much.
    I thought I was the only one who thought this. And Lauri needs a lesson on the difference with nationality and race.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2778892;
    I thought I was the only one who thought this. And Lauri needs a lesson on the difference with nationality and race.
    I always thought chickens and gorillas are a species, not a race or a nation.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2778986;
    I always thought chickens and gorillas are a species, not a race or a nation.
    Agreed. McKenzie and Lauri must've gone to the same school.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

The huge mistake that Lauri is making right now is that she's not using this "down time" to figure out a way to make a living on her own. Sure she really thinks that George and her will live "happily ever after" BUT the odds are against that. Hasn't she learned that you can't put all of your eggs in one basket? She has the time now to go to school and really make something out of herself. I think that she was an idiot for not keeping her job with Vicki. She quit that just because she hooked up with a guy with money? She's just going to keep making the the same mistakes again and again if she doesn't start using her (big) head.
    Last edited by tvaholic; 02-01-2008 at 05:36 PM. Reason: left a word out

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;2779202;
    The huge mistake that Lauri is making right now is that she's not using this "down time" to figure out a way to make a living on her own. Sure she really thinks that George and her will live "happily ever after" BUT the odds are against that. Hasn't she learned that you can't put all of your eggs in one basket? She has the time now to go to school and really make something out of herself. I think that she was an idiot for not keeping her job with Vicki. She quit that just because she hooked up with a guy with money? She's just going to keep making the the same mistakes again and again if she doesn't start using her (big) head.

That's right! Then Laurie wonders why Ashley acts so unmotivated. Look at her plan, she intends to work for George. Laurie is teaching Ashley that you can rely on others to get what you want. That is how you raise a slacker!!!! We need a new show, The Real Slackers of Orange County. (sorry to all the hard working OC residents who are not slackers at all! We know you are out there.)

FORT Regular

Laurie has a part interest in a jewelry business with the lady who was one of her bridesmaids and co-hosted her bridal shower with Ashley, sorry I can't remember her name.

I wonder if Ash and Josh are paying rent on the townhouse to help Lauri with the monthly mortgage? Not that this is wrong but hopefully they aren't paying top dollar b/c the rental market in OC is very negotiable right now with so many properties going into foreclosure due to no-doc loans, ARM's, etc.