Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lauri Waring - Season 3

Re: Lauri Waring - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rose;2770990;
    Personally, I live my life in accordance to a couple of core beliefs and values, one of which is to be "careful what I wish for".

While some may find hope and even inspiration in the union of Lauri Waring and George Peterson ... I for one ... will always wonder what might have happened if George Peterson (AKA "Prince Charming") didn't come attached with an open checkbook, a ready-made gorgeous home, a fleet of expensive cars and everything else a girl could "dream" for.

Based on the amount of time it took for laurie to decide to marry him, after having failed marriages which should have made her cautious, I hve to conclude that the money had a lot to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SindyLew;2769981;
    Tictac, George went not only for chin time, but also to write the check. Do you think sales from Bullah Roach jewelry paid for her dress?
    Shouldn't he be ChinChin since he has two

I agree. Be careful what you wish for. She had her wallet blinders on and he had a desperate need for an ego massage after his beautiful wife dumped him, so put both of the ticking time bombs together, when they explode it will be bigger than if San Onofre blew a gasket!

We've stocked our shelter knowing the PeterCHINS Apocolypse is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousCat;2771066;
    Shouldn't he be ChinChin since he has two
    Yes, he is CHINNY-CHINNY BANG BANG....as he'll "bang" anything he can buy!!

FORT Regular

Where did George and Gina live? I take it the San Juan Capistrano home came after the divorce?

FORT Regular

Just watched the finale again and I must say Lauri is still just the sweetest person inside and out. You'd think she'd be a snob, bubble head, or a catty b but she seems like the warmest, most sincere housewife. I love seeing people get their dreams fulfilled. Gives me hope that mine will come true too!
    What does she have to be a snob about? She hasn't accomplished anything on her own and is nearly 50 years old. Her son is going through drug treatment. Her daughter is 22 and has no desire for education or even to work a real job, is irresponsible and has no real direction. Her kids are all messed up and she is on her 3rd marriage. I wonder if she thought her dreams were fulfilled the first time she got married? And the second time too?

Do you think it's money that would make someone snobby? Because she doesn't even have any money. She just happened to marry someone who does. Someone who has also been through a string of failed marriages and engagements. Do you know how low the odds are for 3rd marriages to succeed?

Yeah, she really has a lot to be proud of.

FORT Regular

Lest we forget - Josh attended and even participated in his mother's wedding.

What about George's son? Was he there? Doesn't look like it to me. If I am wrong, I apologize for the obvious inference that all does not appear to be well between this father and son.

I think Real Lee makes some very good points.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2770954;
    Gosh, I got all teary eyed reading the nice post about Lauri, even more than I did when watching the wedding episode. Lauri brings so much hope, she should think about getting a job at the UN as an ambassador. I bet people all over the world would love to see the wedding video and feel so good inside.
    Wow! I'm glad you agree. I know Lauri gets a lot of flak but isn't it nice to see something good happen to someone who is a nice person (not perfect of course but then again who is?!) And she would be good as an ambassador. Thanks for message!
    Last edited by meemee2000; 01-26-2008 at 09:14 PM. Reason: grammar correction!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;2770925;
    Just watched the finale again and I must say Lauri is still just the sweetest person inside and out. You'd think she'd be a snob, bubble head, or a catty b but she seems like the warmest, most sincere housewife. I love seeing people get their dreams fulfilled. Gives me hope that mine will come true too!
    Meemee, hope you don't get too beaten up for saying you like Lauri! I'll go out on a limb and agree with you. The wedding was beautiful. Lauri is a sweetie and so is George. Hope them lots of happiness!

If UN means Unbelievably Nasty, then YES, I agree she would make a GREAT ambassador!!