Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lauri Waring - Season 3

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

Re: Lauri Waring - Season 3

We're not mean, we speak the truth as we see it.

Welcome MczCanton! You must be the only one who thinks Lauri is ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2770082;
    I picked up on Lauri's selfish concern for HER memory of that day instead of HIS. In any case I could not plan a huge party for myself with a son having so much personal difficulty. What was the rush??? Just to get it in for the end of the season? That is the way it looks.
    I am with you here, all we heard this season was how she only had 10 weeks to plan this wedding. The reason she only had 10 weeks was because they began filming sometime around June 22nd, which was basically 11 weeks before the wedding. This leads me to believe she couldn't get George down the aisle or to begin preparations until he knew he had no choice. If he was gung ho to marry her, they would have begun preparations long before, not one week AFTER filming began. She said at the end of season 2 that they were thinking spring, I think she was was thinking spring, and he was thinking how can I spring outta here.

I think as far as Ashley's plagerized toast to the newlyweds goes, she forgot one thing: Good Luck Suckers!
    If you had windows you'd be a building

Quote Originally Posted by PinkyParker;2770158;
    I think as far as Ashley's plagerized toast to the newlyweds goes, she forgot one thing: Good Luck Suckers!
    Hopefully she saved the document on her hard drive so she can use it for Mommy's NEXT wedding. She just needs to change George's name to some other sucker!

Quote Originally Posted by PinkyParker;2770158;
    or "And it things don't work out, Daddy (), you can always try Lauri 2.0, ME!"
    Ribbitt

FORT Regular

My friend who is a makeup artist told me that Lauri probably wore the tube top because she was planning to wear a strapless gown and didn't want to mess up the makeup artistry (job) below the chin. Apparently it's common to apply makeup (e.g. concealer, bronzer, sparkle, etc.) to the shoulders, back and chest area to enhance one's skin tone and hide unsightly moles, freckles, scars, etc.) when planning to wear a strapless top, dress, gown. Makes sense to me though that doesn't quite explain why the TT kept slipping down. Seems like Lauri would have bought one at least two sizes too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rose;2770907;
    My friend who is a makeup artist told me that Lauri probably wore the tube top because she was planning to ... apply makeup (e.g. concealer, bronzer, sparkle, etc.) to the shoulders, back and chest area to enhance one's skin tone and hide unsightly moles, freckles, scars, etc.) when planning to wear a strapless top, dress, gown.
    Makes sense to me!
    Last edited by meemee2000; 01-26-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: grammar correction!

Just watched the finale again and I must say Lauri is still just the sweetest person inside and out. You'd think she'd be a snob, bubble head, or a catty b but she seems like the warmest, most sincere housewife. I love seeing people get their dreams fulfilled. Gives me hope that mine will come true too!

Gosh, I got all teary eyed reading the nice post about Lauri, even more than I did when watching the wedding episode. Lauri brings so much hope, she should think about getting a job at the UN as an ambassador. I bet people all over the world would love to see the wedding video and feel so good inside.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Regular

Personally, I live my life in accordance to a couple of core beliefs and values, one of which is to be "careful what I wish for".

While some may find hope and even inspiration in the union of Lauri Waring and George Peterson ... I for one ... will always wonder what might have happened if George Peterson (AKA "Prince Charming") didn't come attached with an open checkbook, a ready-made gorgeous home, a fleet of expensive cars and everything else a middle-aged Cinderella might need in order to make her "fairytale" dream wedding and marriage come true.
    Last edited by Desert Rose; 01-26-2008 at 07:17 PM.