Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeana Keough - Season 3

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Re: Jeana Keough - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by RealLee;2740746;
    So what? He was driving drunk and left the scene of an accident. Period. He needs to do the time. Whether or not the person was injured is a separate issue that should be worked out with Matt's insurance company.
    Excuse me, I don't see what country-of-origin has to do with Matt leaving the scene of the crime he committed.

Oh, that's why.
    East of Reality

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealLee;2740746;
    So what? He was driving drunk and left the scene of an accident. Period. He needs to do the time. Whether or not the person was injured is a separate issue that should be worked out with Matt's insurance company.
    Matt did serve time in the OC jail for his DUI related accident and was then out on probation. He also lost his DL for about 6 mos. As part of his probation he is not even allowed ONE drink of alcohol.
    He broke that sometime last year when he was caught at his home having had a drink. That is why he was in the NB jail for about 12 weeks. Then a week after he got out he was arrested at the Newport Beach Marriott for having been drinking. That is why he is in the OC jail now.
    Matt is not getting away with anything.

FORT Regular

The message here is jail is not a deterrent to addiction. Sitting behind bars, in and of itself, will not cure alcoholism. Matt Keough needs intensive treatment and even then, unless he is 100% committed to participating in maintaining his own sobriety, the chances of a relapse are high. Hopefully this latest episode was his last.

It is ironic that in a show that "glamorizes" alcohol abuse, behind the scenes in REAL LIFE, the picture is much different.

I wish Matt Keough nothing but the best on his journey toward recovery.

As far as the arrest for violating the terms of his probation, I shudder to think what might have happened had the police not intervened.
    Last edited by Desert Rose; 01-04-2008 at 12:50 AM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rose;2740603;
    Do you have a link to a reliable news source or other kind of documentation to support this claim?

Thanks!
    Yes, I'd like to know more as well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rose;2740603;
    Do you have a link to a reliable news source or other kind of documentation to support this claim?

Thanks!
    I did not document the personal conversation from almost three years ago. Sorry.

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

I found an article on Matt that was dated April 6, 2005. Not sure if this helps or not. This is the OLD accident where he bolted.

Ex-pitcher Keough held in DUI crash

UNION-TRIBUNE NEWS SERVICES
    April 6, 2005
    Former All-Star pitcher Matt Keough was arrested for investigation of drunken driving and leaving the scene of an accident in Rancho Santa Margarita.
    Keough's sport utility vehicle crashed at a red light with another SUV on Monday night, pushing it into the crosswalk and causing it to strike a pedestrian, Orange County Sheriff's Department spokesman Jim Amormino said.

The former Oakland pitcher fled the scene on foot and was found later by sheriff's deputies outside a store in the area, Amormino said, adding that a test about three hours after the crash showed Keough's blood alcohol level was about 2½ times the legal limit.

The pedestrian, a 31-year-old man, was hospitalized but the extent of his injuries was unknown, according to Amormino.

Keough, 49, was booked at the Orange County Jail on felony driving under the influence of alcohol and leaving the scene of an accident, also a felony. Bail was set at $100,000.

Source: Ex-pitcher Keough held in DUI crash | The San Diego Union-Tribune

FORT Fanatic

His Blood Alcohol level was 2.5 times the legal limit after 3 hours. Not good!

Quote Originally Posted by IstateTheFacts;2741138;
    I found an article on Matt that was dated April 6, 2005. Not sure if this helps or not. This is the OLD accident where he bolted.

Ex-pitcher Keough held in DUI crash

UNION-TRIBUNE NEWS SERVICES
    April 6, 2005

The pedestrian, a 31-year-old man, was hospitalized but the extent of his injuries was unknown, according to Amormino.

Source: Ex-pitcher Keough held in DUI crash | The San Diego Union-Tribune
    Is this the same situation we're talking about or another one? I'm befuddled?

I thought the guy that was hit walked away and only came back AFTER he found out who Matt was? Am I confusing things?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SindyLew;2741525;
    Is this the same situation we're talking about or another one? I'm befuddled?

I thought the guy that was hit walked away and only came back AFTER he found out who Matt was? Am I confusing things?
    After walking around at the scene, the pedestrian was taken away by ambulance and released as soon as he got to the hospital. It was after the fact that his injuries became more serious.

Matt was STILL VERY DRUNK and BROKE SEVERAL LAWS.

Clearly Matt needs help and I believe he has tried rehab, and it seems his family has tried to support his recovery, however nothing will help Matt until he makes a commitment to recovery. It is unbelievably painful to watch a member of your family who is in the despair of this disease