Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeana Keough - Season 3

Re: Jeana Keough - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by ladychat;2732286;
    For personal reasons, I try not to comment on this too much. I totally disagree with the people who say Matt cannot process information like the rest of us due to brain injury.On the show last season, Matt showed himself to be a person who was just mean and ugly. But, he could be clear and lucid. He is not brain-damaged, just evil.

I think it is more personal disappointment than brain injury that has made him that way. Hope all four of Jeana's houses are in her name.

Call me naive, but it never ceases to amaze me how justice is not equal. Not meaning to get on a soapbox, but would Matt be treated so leniently if he were someone else? Matt deserves every bit of time he gets. Maybe that will save someone's life.

Good points and well stated. Drinking, for him, seems to be the "medicine" for his personal disappointment. He was very angry whenever the cameras showed him and most was directed at Jeana.

For repeat offenders, in my state, they get the book thrown at them at the second offense. He is viewed as a celebrity, I'm sure. Hopefully, this time, he will get help and be kept off the streets.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

As much as I hate to say this, but Matt did say some ODD and bizarre things when he did get camera time.

Matt: "I'd rather be wrong and miserable than be right and happy."

Isn't that what he said????? I remember watching it and trying to figure out his point.

FORT Regular

I think it was something like, "I'd rather be right and miserable, then admit I'm wrong and get happy."

I don't think he's brain damaged, but they've all said that his personality changed a lot after the injury. I'm sure that is possible - probably partly from the physical aspect and partly because of his disappointment over not being able to play anymore.

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

[QUOTE=RealLee;2732338;]I think it was something like, "I'd rather be right and miserable, then admit I'm wrong and get happy."

QUOTE]

still a lil oddly stated
    Everyday is a Blessing!

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IstateTheFacts;2732322;
    As much as I hate to say this, but Matt did say some ODD and bizarre things when he did get camera time.

Matt: "I'd rather be wrong and miserable than be right and happy."

Isn't that what he said????? I remember watching it and trying to figure out his point.
    Oh yes, I remember that.

I said lucid, not smart.
    East of Reality

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2732275;
    After this many violations, the judge would make the final call in keeping him in jail. His wife has publicly stated that they are separated which means he is living alone. She also is not responsible for him if they have filed official papers in the court. Seems as if there was not much of a choice for the officials.
    I read in the Daily Pilot that his lawyer asked for the hearing be postponed until January 14. It also said:

Orange County Sheriff’s Dept. Spokesman Jim Amormino said Oakland Athletics officials are seeking treatment for Keough.
    “I think the best thing to do is try to treat them first,” Amormino said. “It’s a sickness. I think the Oakland A’s are going in the right direction.”

OCR said:
    In 1992, Keough was nearly killed when he was hit in the head by a line drive while sitting in the dugout during an Anaheim Angels exhibition game at spring training in Arizona.

"We're convinced that this (drinking) is related to the brain injury that he suffered," Keough's attorney, Dan Grigsby, said Friday. "I've known him since high school and he hasn't been the same since."

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

So, so sad.... can you imagine seeing a friend, husband, father changing SO much for someone to say that?

FORT Regular

"We're convinced that this (drinking) is related to the brain injury that he suffered," Keough's attorney, Dan Grigsby, said Friday. "I've known him since high school and he hasn't been the same since."
    Well, it's understandable that an injury like that would drive him to alcoholism. But that still doesn't excuse him from driving drunk.

I'm of the opinion that a failed career is no excuse for his drinking.

He certainly could have gone into coaching- others and not only his own kids. He could have become a scout for a franchise..or gone onto be an asst coach for a minor league franchise. Many others who've had a stint in the Bigs have done so.

But he seems bent on drinking his problems away and not respecting the law here in OC while doing so.

I hope he gets the help he needs but i cannot say that i'm sorry he'll be spending Christmas in the can.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2732628;
    So, so sad.... can you imagine seeing a friend, husband, father changing SO much for someone to say that?
    I'm sure his family has seen the worst of him. The kids are cold towards him which means they've seen the brunt of his problems. As an aside, he was arrested last Tuesday.....rhat was the night Jeana broke down and exposed their problems. I wonder if there's a connection.