Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeana Keough - Season 3

Re: Jeana Keough - Season 3

The story sounds like he wanted to be caught. He is crying for help, otherwise he would drink in hiding. He must be living in the hotel.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fanatic

The video on TMZ is heart wrenching. He looks like he still is drunk.
    Unfortunately, he seems to be the type of individual who is not going to be able to change.
    Jail might actually force him to sober up. Maybe he'll find a purpose while there.
    He can't continue like this. Something got to give.

He is crying for help,
    I agree 100%.

FORT Regular

It is sad for Jeana and her children, the entire (extended) family as well.

But let's face it - there is a lot of drinking portrayed in this show. Any one of these wives is at risk of a DUI and worse (e.g. getting into an accident and hurting or even killing someone else).

The holidays is a particularly stressful time for people but especially those who can't handle their booze either because they are an inexperienced drinker and drink to excess, or they are an alcoholic and can't drink at all but do.

Bottom line is it appears Matt is in serious trouble for a problem that can be very difficult to resolve. I wish him all the best.

Let's just hope this is a wake up call to the RWOOC cast of characters and producers. Matt K. isn't the only one who likes a cocktail or two, right? Almost every episode features booze (remember the "manjuice" episode? Gads!)

What kind of message does this send to young people? It's okay for my parents to get s***-faced drunk, it's just tv?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rose;2731580;
    It is sad for Jeana and her children, the entire (extended) family as well.

But let's face it - there is a lot of drinking portrayed in this show. Any one of these wives is at risk of a DUI and worse (e.g. getting into an accident and hurting or even killing someone else).

The holidays is a particularly stressful time for people but especially those who can't handle their booze either because they are an inexperienced drinker and drink to excess, or they are an alcoholic and can't drink at all but do.

Bottom line is it appears Matt is in serious trouble for a problem that can be very difficult to resolve. I wish him all the best.

Let's just hope this is a wake up call to the RWOOC cast of characters and producers. Matt K. isn't the only one who likes a cocktail or two, right? Almost every episode features booze (remember the "manjuice" episode? Gads!)

What kind of message does this send to young people? It's okay for my parents to get s***-faced drunk, it's just tv?
    You make excellent points and I can remember Jeana's son making that comment about "my mom's friends all getting plastered" or something to that effect. The drinking is heavily emphasized in every show which is getting more and more annoying. Jeana has a good opportunity to make a statement about drinking using this platform. I don't see it happening but it would be nice. While she does enjoy a cocktail, she has not been shown in a negative light like Vicky and Tamra who come across with some problems.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Regular

New Mommy

I agree with you that Jeana (and even Tammy) are not in the same league as Vicky and Tamra whose behavior while drinking could best be described as "obnoxious" IMHO.

What concerns me most is this mixed (no pun intended) message the parents are sending to their own children and young people, in general. It's one thing to enjoy a bottle of wine with dinner or a few beers while on vacation at Lake Havasu but it seems some of the wives (and their spouses) have no clue where to draw the line. Can you say ENABLERS?

Alcohol and drug abuse crosses all socio-economic lines but in this case we are talking about some very privileged families who can afford the best of everything. In the end, it doesn't matter if they are getting drunk from a $250.00 bottle of wine or the cheapest brand of tequila, vodka or gin.

Matt's personal struggles are being played out in the public arena due in part to his relationship with a RWOOC cast member which is unfortunate but in the end, he is responsible for his own behavior and needs to be held accountable for his actions in terms of violating his probation.

This was a blessing in disguise, IMO. Matt may have to go to jail but at least he's alive and didn't hurt anyone else. Hopefully his friends, family and community will be supportive and not judgmental because alcoholism is a disease and if that is what he is battling, they need to remember ... "there but for the grace of GOD, go I".

I completely agree with everything you are saying Desert Rose. The messages sent to the kids is horrible!!! I always admired the reaction from Kara towards the kids drinking at Tammy's house. She is the daughter of an alcoholic and the audience could see that drinking was disgusting to her. Her brother behaved differently and there was underage drinking going on in the Keogh home which should have been addressed.
    The whole storyline about Matt in the first season was so fake and for this reason, I cannot believe that this is such a "real" show. Jeana was either in denial (Matt travels so much) or she and the producers think their audience doesn't read papers.
    As for Vicky, she has a problem and I find it very hypocritical of her to take such a hard stand on premarital sex while encouraging her daughter to "suck it and drink it" when they were doing shots in Mexico in the first season. Teaching children how to drink responsibly and enjoy alcohol in moderation is one thing, but drinking with them like friends and egging them on is not parental behavior IMO.

FORT Regular

Well said New Mommy! I remember the episode where Vicki showed up in Colorado to "surprise" her son carrying what looked like a 12 pack of beer and then engaging in some sort of ritualistic college-style drinking herself (sorry, I can't remember what it's called but hopefully you know what I am talking about, LOLS).

I guess when it comes to Reality TV, the concept is to "let it all hang out" but there are times when these "adults" seem to act less mature than their own kids -- some of whom are clearly struggling to cope with the fallout of dysfunctional parenting.

Over all, I am hoping this is the last season. I started out watching this show like most viewers, curious about the lifestyle of those who live behind the "gates" of Coto and frankly, don't think I was disappointed in so far as that goes. What I didn't expect was to see so much bad parenting and the constant pity-party thrown by a couple of the wives who work their asses off to support a lifestyle of their own making, ya know what I mean?

Lauri is the one wife I wish I could go to lunch with because I would tell her in no uncertain terms that when it comes to her two kids who aren't as "perfect" in her eyes as little Sophie, she only has to look at herself to see what went wrong. She treats them like second-class citizens, IMO.

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Vicki, in her most recent Bravo blog, blames editing for making it look like she is a heavy drinker.

Also, it's interesting that a lot of posters on the tmz site are bashing Jeana for leaving Matt.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Quote Originally Posted by lakergirl1;2731687;
    Vicki, in her most recent Bravo blog, blames editing for making it look like she is a heavy drinker.

Also, it's interesting that a lot of posters on the tmz site are bashing Jeana for leaving Matt.

I give credit to Jeana. Obviously Matt needs help and its even worse now that his wife is in the public eye. In this case it doesnt matter how much money you have.

On a different note, I am loving the snide remarks Jeana has been giving Vicky. She's pretty witty and quick thinking when she's given the chance and Vicky sets herself up over and over again.