+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 9/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

9/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please use this thread to discuss this week's episode.

Thanks and enjoy the show!

Re: 9/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Joe Gorga is one disgusting perv. I have no "team" ... wish they'd recast this one too and take out anyone with or married to anyone with Gorga DNA. (Except maybe Kathy)
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Oh man...I still haven't gotten through last week's show yet.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Joe Gorga makes me want to take a shower.
    He gives me the creeps, literally and figuratively.
    And, I'm sorry, but the guy looks ape like.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ok I cannot wait to hear what everyone else has to say -- come folks I live vicariously through your funny comments. I will say a few things -- did we really need to know that Teresa was on her period so she and Juicy might not be getting it on as much -- Please some things are ok to keep to yourself. I do think Melissa looked great in her bathing suit --better than Teresa -- just sayin - Caroline seemed rather out of sorts -- not herself -- I know she was not feeling well be she seemed like she was so annoyed by Teresa and her parade of suits. Jacquline and Chris seem like such nice people and more grounded than most of them on the show. Joe Gorga -- ugh what can I say -- were he and Melissa really doing it in the bathroom with everyone right there -- please tell me no. I do think that Kathy sort of baits Teresa a little -- and boy Teresa is just waiting for her to look at her the wrong way so she can jump on her. Teresa seemed too agressive to me -- hey just let some comments go -- the world is not ending - no one is getting hurt -- just shut up and suck it up sometimes -- is it really worth it to go on and on about this junk - I did not catch the entire show -- anxious to hear what others thought.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

I remember either Jacqueline or Caroline saying at the start of the season when everyone was siding with Teresa that after things played out, they had a different perspective. I get that now. I sided with Teresa at first, and thought Melissa was to blame for most of the problems they had. Now I see how much of it is Teresa's fault. She can't let anything drop, and clings to the past even more than she accused other people of doing it. I agree with you tracyt888 that Kathy does sort of bait Teresa. I don't think she does it on purpose though. I think that Kathy just naively makes comments and doesn't realize that people can and do interpret them differently than she intends. In the arugment last night, I think the entire group was on her side. But as Joe was telling both of them to drop it and stop fighting, the way she kept going lost support that she did have. I think Teresa's problem is that she wants to live in a world where if she says it, its true and it happens. All she has to do is say "put the past behind" and suddenly, everyone she knows has memory loss. All she and Joe have to say is "We want to open a restaurant" and it will open and be a success. She is content living in her fantasy world. That would be fine if Joe could manage to operate in the real world and have their finances taken care of. But he seems happy living in fantasy land with her, and that combination just doesn't work.
    Prism likes this.

Geeze...you guys could have warned me about all of the sparkles so I could have worn sunglasses. Started to watch this epi eating dinner..ended up with a migraine & threw up.

Oh man where oh where to start...or not start. I really think Caroline will leave after this season. Teresa...sorry my dear but you are delusional to think your body is smokin hot. It just isn't & trying to pull off a tiny sparkly bikini just made that tummy of yours more noticeable. Might I also add that tummy reeks of either lipo, tummy tuck or both. BRAVO why did you have to show a shot of Juicly's crotch, Joey's butt or have to inform us Teresa has her period or the Gorga's having sex in a public bathroom??? Didn't George Michael's get arrested for doing that...ok I know it was a solo preformance..but still.

I am sorry but I didn't see or hear Kat baiting Teresa. Kat said for HER personally she did not want to take time away from her children to start a business. Teresa & Joe are the ones who turned it to be all about THEM. Not once did Kat call Teresa a bad mother. Can someone explain to me how Joe & Teresa are going to get the funding to open up a resturant when the only experiences they have with food are the recipies Teresa copied from her mother? Like Al said who is going to drive 100 miles to have dinner at Teresa's resturant just because she wrote a cookbook? Oh & if that doesn't work out Joe can always go back to construction so I guess more people will get stiffed.

Teresa has been a problem child since the first season with the table flip. We all wanted to get her the benefit of doubt that it was pregnancy hormones & let's face it we had a person we hated more in Danielle. Teresa is...nah no words to describe her other than narassistic.

Best line of the night from Chris Manzo as the Guidice's went to change "Bet they're having this exact conversation except in 3rd grade words"....priceless!
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I see Teresa as being in a really bad place. She and her husband are facing threats on many fronts right now, but I think he is her greatest liability. He doesn't seem to respect her much, and doesn't hesitate to remind her (on camera and in front of guests) that he dumped her before they were married, and that she begged him to come back. His reason for dumping her: her brother still talked to T.'s ex-boyfriend. What kind of man does that?

For that matter, what kind of husband sends his wife out in a NJ ice storm, without directions, to a booksigning and then proceeds to get drunk while caring for the children?

Teresa's pathetic bikini competition mindset made me think that's all she has, in her own mind. God knows she's untilligent, broke, and working her a$$ of in a hopeless kind of venture. She wants to be famous for something other than cut and pasting recipes into ghost-written cookbooks. She wants to be a real celebrity.

She's also haunted by the fear that Juicy is going to jail. She knows that Joe won't really work for a living. He likes to make money in underhanded ways, and thinks everyone else is stupid for slaving away at their jobs. I read recently that he sold his interest in that pizzeria in Oct. 2010 and has been laying around the house ever since. She needs to lose him.

He's also the real poison in her relationship with her brother. I think we have all seen that by now.
    KatesMom likes this.

Teresa will never leave Joe plain & simple. Joe will never leave Teresa, he may stray but won't leave. Heck supposedly broke, they recently had a lavish vow renewal ceremony complete with an expensive designer wedding gown & veil. They stiffed alot of people out of alot of money, no thought or consideration of using that money to help repay their debts. Nope...brankruptcy will wipe their slate clean. They will keep on doing this over & over again & people will be dumb enough to buy into their "celebrity".
    If they sold the pizzeria last October how/why did they have Melania's birthday party there?
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I agree with Poppy that Juicy is the real poison in her and her brother's relationship.

Much as I hate to admit this, I DO think that Teresa is the one keeping s**t going amongst the Housewives. No, Melissa is DEFINITELY no saint (IIRC, I've seen her stir the pot, just like her sisters have a tendency to do, on at LEAST one occasion, when she didn't even have to GO there). But, after watching, I think she also, deep within DOES want things to work out between Joey G and Teresa, and for their kids to be close and get along.

As for Kathy . . . I feel she DOES just innocently --- most of the time --- speak whatever comes to her mind at a given point without taking a second to run it through her brain first and REMEMBER that she's sitting across from Teresa, who will more than likely take whatever Kathy or anybody else says, and try to twist even their most innocent commentary into an attack on her, personally.

And, God knows, Teresa never, EVER shuts up to listen to and/or consider whatever anyone else has to say.

But, then again, WHY any adult person should have to tiptoe around another allegedly adult person who --- whether or not they consciously recognize it --- is attempting to play Ringmaster so they can always be assured of having a big spotlight on themselves at all times in what is supposed to be an adult group situation, is beyond me.

Hell, if I were the rest of 'em, I really do believe that by now, I would've privately put Teresa on blast and let her know that as much as I'd like to continue being her friend, and care about her, she has just become too much work, because she's always got a chip on her shoulder, it's NEVER her fault, it's ALWAYS somebody else's, and she never, EVER shuts up to listen to and consider something from anyone else's side, through their eyes.

I'd have to let her know that being her friend had become WAY too much work to be worth it to me to invest the time in her, anymore. But I'd also let her know that if I could see that she was trying to look within, examine herself, and make some changes, I'd welcome our friendship back in a heartbeat.

Also, I can't even believe that I'm about to say this, but as much as I'd like to put a piece of duct tape over Teresa's mouth whenever she comes into view on my screen, and tie her ass to a chair with chains, I've found that I feel sad and sorry for her.

Obviously, with all the troubles that she and Juicy are having and have had, it's pretty clear to me that the only sense of identity she had was tied up in outward appearances, what she could go to a mall and spend. Now that that aspect of her life seems to have crumbled around her, she's lost her way and is hanging on to the "We're fine!" shield for dear life. I mean, come on, that ridiculous bathing suit show? Please. I think that if she were secure within herself, she wouldn't've needed to have put on that elementary school "fashion show" so that everyone could see how supposedly hot she is, and bask in their attention. Hell, she would've just shown up at the boat/beach in whichever one of 'em it was that she'd chosen to wear, and if the others found her outfit attractive and offered compliments, accepted them graciously and kept right on going.

Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by ness; 09-20-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    mom2, AmyKay and KatesMom like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast