+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 9/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

If I were on vacation with Teresa, I'd get migraines too.
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I guess I'm in the minority of viewers that extremely disliked Teresa from Day 1 of Season 1 of RHONJ. The way she spoke to people and her attitude just always rubbed me the wrong way. Finally, it was her over-the-top reaction to Danielle merely speaking at the table. Screaming at the top of her lungs and violently handling that poor table. This was in the early enough days of the Housewives franchise where this type of cavewoman, boorish and violent outburst wasn't yet considered the norm. It was extremely off-putting at the time and it's interesting now to see the consequences of her short fuse and uneducated, uncivilized antics come full circle to bite her in the butt. I'm tired of everyone making excuses for her that she is going through such a hard time and that her behavior is understandable due to her situation. However, it's when the chips are down that one's true character is tested and either shines or not but either way, one's true nature will show through during trying times and she's just not strong enough or good enough of a person to rise above the situation to conduct herself in a classy manner and treat others with common courtesy or decency. She is a narcissist and a sociopath. I continue to stand firm that I will never buy any of her products. I refuse to financially support that behavior.

Is it just me or are her outfits getting more and more ridiculous? It's almost as if she sees herself as some kind of regal queen. Or maybe the Queen of the Sesame Street puppets?

After reading the ladies' blogs and viewers comments to same, I am beginning to suspect that the majority of the pro-Tre comments are being posted by Tre, friends and family that she recruited, and possibly even her book publishing company attempting to do damage control.. Her and Juicy definitely have the extra time on their hands and the publishing company would have to do everything they could to fix her image. I imagine a lot of interns posting multiple versions of the same supportive comments.

I appreciate that Bravo is not holding back on editing out the most cringe-worthy of her comments. Perhaps Andy is getting a little revenge for Tre's past treatment of him?
    Last edited by miadora; 09-23-2011 at 05:11 AM.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miadora
    ...it's interesting now to see the consequences of her short fuse and uneducated, uncivilized antics come full circle to bite her in the butt. I'm tired of everyone making excuses for her that she is going through such a hard time and that her behavior is understandable due to her situation.
    Like you, I have always thought that Teresa has minimal social skills, to the point that she could be considered "delayed." Additionally, she has definite anger management issues that compel her to behave like an animal at times (complete with snorting sounds). However, I do not think she's psychotic and I think we bandy words like sociopath about with little regard for their actual meaning.

Teresa's always seemed shallow and vindictive to me. Her and Juicy's current legal woes are her "comeupance" in my opinion. They will never be out of debt or credit worthy again. He has a longer rap sheet than Danielle, too!

This season I have found myself developing a grudging respect for Teresa's work ethic. In that regard, I do salute her. I really didn't think she had it in her. She still seems delusional, but I do have to wonder how much of that is the PR image she wishes to project and how much is real.

As far as her inability to get along with her first cousin goes, I find that discountable. I have lots of first cousins within driving distance whom I only see at funerals. If one of them attempted to insinuate herself into my life to the degree Kathy has done with Teresa, I'd never speak to her again.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 09-23-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Wasn't it just 3 short years ago that Caroline said Teresa made her laugh? Now Teresa gives her a headache
    Caroline apparently suffers from really severe migraine headaches. If anyone has had migraines, they know that those kinds of headaches are usually FAR WORSE than other kinds of headaches, and they make you feel very sick in addition to giving you horrible pain. This was actually the 2nd or 3rd time in the last few weeks that they've shown Caroline suffering from her migraines.

FORT Fogey

Migraines are horrifying and I have much empathy for Caroline on that front.

We've all had that friend who's very different from us, and has some off-putting habits that we don't necessarily like, but they're fun to be around so we enjoy them in small doses. But when that friend becomes a bigger part of your life it can to be too much, and then their fun attributes are far outweighed by their annoying ones.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

And, of course, here comes the spin:

'Housewives of NJ' star happy to be paying off debt | HollywoodNews.com

As one of the commenters noted:
    The bankruptcy was withdrawn b/c it beats facing fraud charges. So they voluntarily took the lesser of two evils….there is not a doubt in my mind, that if they did not KNOW they would be convicted for fraud – they would have gladly dumped all that debt – left all those creditors high and dry.
    And, despite whatever their lawyer says about their ability to pay back their debts (i.e., they "sold some properties"), they owed far more to the banks in multiple mortgages than their properties were worth. Sorry, but the arithmetic doesn't work.

The only truth in these recent spin articles is that they will be paying back their debt. And if not them, then their kids when Joe and Teresa are gone. It would take at least that long, unless they become wealthy. But I doubt their creditors are going to wait, in either case.

ETA: I'm pretty sure the Gorgas will be the next RH couple on the bankruptcy rack.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 09-23-2011 at 12:57 PM.

I wonder whether Teresa plans on paying off that $11 million in cash.

I too get the occasional migraines so I completely understand & feel for Caroline. I wouldn't want someone filming me while trying to recover from a migraine. When I get one I can not tolerate light at all.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Why was there no show last night?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Because millionaire matchmaker reeks so they are trying to cram it down our throats. Jmo
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Because millionaire matchmaker reeks so they are trying to cram it down our throats. Jmo
    Oh, that explains the extra episode of MM. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast