+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 9/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: 9/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Teresa will never leave Joe plain & simple. Joe will never leave Teresa, he may stray but won't leave. Heck supposedly broke, they recently had a lavish vow renewal ceremony complete with an expensive designer wedding gown & veil. They stiffed alot of people out of alot of money, no thought or consideration of using that money to help repay their debts. Nope...brankruptcy will wipe their slate clean. They will keep on doing this over & over again & people will be dumb enough to buy into their "celebrity".
    If they sold the pizzeria last October how/why did they have Melania's birthday party there?
    The pizzeria still exists and Joe's family still owns it - but Joe sold his interest in it. Also, it's unlikely that their bankruptcy will discharge their debts - the fraud trial starts next month.

And I think Teresa may very well divorce Joe, especially if he goes to jail.

ETA: As far as the vow renewal ceremony goes, you don't seriously believe they paid for it, do you? Their families or Bravo would be my guess.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 09-20-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    ETA: As far as the vow renewal ceremony goes, you don't seriously believe they paid for it, do you? Their families or Bravo would be my guess.
    Ain't THAT the truth?

I mean, that gown ALONE had to have been at least in the $10,000 range, or somewhere close to it. And with all of the money crap they've got going on, there is not a snowball's chance in HELL that they ponied up the ducats for just that dress, even, let alone all the other stuff they had going on.

No way.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I just read on Absurd2Sublime that it was filmed by Bravo for Season 4.

Poppy I would doubt Teresa would divorce Joe knowing how deeply catholic they are. What would the Baby Jesus think???
    ness likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Tre divorce Juicy??? No way..... she's not smart enough for that. Remember..... Cuckoo.. Cuckoo...Cuckoo!!!
    ness likes this.

Poppy you understand this better than I would.

Juicy Joe Giudice Takes 5th ( And Probably Drank A 5th) | ABSURD2SUBLIME
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Breaking news - In a probable attempt to avoid criminal charges (and after pleading the 5th in depositions), Joe Giudice has withdrawn his bankruptcy petition. Teresa will still pursue the discharge of her own debts, but they will both be responsible for their joint debts.

From the New Jersey Star Ledger
    Never mind! “Real Housewives of New Jersey” husband Joe Giudice — “Juicy Joe” to wife Teresa — abandoned his quest to have his millions of dollars of debts forgiven in federal bankruptcy court.

He made the about-face after invoking the Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination when questioned by the trustee for his creditors about assets, income and business interests he is accused of hiding from the court, according to court papers obtained by The Star-Ledger this week.

U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge Morris Stern signed off on a settlement between Giudice and the trustee, John Sywilok. The agreement does not apply to Teresa Giudice, who is still pursuing a discharge of her debts.

According to the court order, Giudice consulted with a criminal defense lawyer before taking the Fifth. “The defendant Giuseppe Giudice acknowledges his desire to resolve the matter without the need for further inquiry or litigation, and without making any further admissions,” the court papers read.

Generally, if a trustee discovers that a debtor is concealing assets or income, he or she would make a criminal referral to the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the bankruptcy fraud unit of the U.S. Trustee Program, said Millburn bankruptcy lawyer Leonard C. Walczyk. “They are really cracking down on bankruptcy fraud,” he said. “It is a real hot issue.”

Sywilok and James Kridel, the Guidice’s attorney, did not return calls for comment. A spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Newark, which prosecutes criminal bankruptcy fraud, said the office does not, as a rule, confirm or deny ongoing investigations.

Soon after, Sywilok filed a lawsuit opposing debt discharge for the couple, claiming they tried to conceal assets, including three vehicles, a boat, and properties in Hillside that house the family pizzeria, a laundromat and apartments.

(Not long after the couple filed for bankruptcy, television crews taped Joe Giudice taking his wife on a tour of one of the modest apartments, joking that they might have to live there after they’re tossed out of their mansion.)

The couple also hid income, Sywilok alleged, including two advances totaling $280,000 advance for Teresa Giudice’s cookbook “Skinny Italian” — it was a bestseller, and she has since released a follow-up — and her monthly “Housewives” salary of $7,083 from “Housewives” production company Sirens Media.

In the third season, filmed last fall and currently airing, Teresa Giudice admits that money has been tight — in the most recent episode, the camera panned to the 99-cent sticker on a package of paper plates at daughter Milania’s decidedly downscale pizza party — but she is still shown shopping and padding about her ostentatiously detailed but conspicuously underfurnished mansion.

Teresa Giudice’s bankruptcy case is still working its way through the court system, and the court order stipulates that Sywilock is still opposing her discharge of debt. According to bankruptcy lawyer Ronald LeVine of Hackensack, Joe Giudice would still be responsible for their joint debts even if a judge absolves Teresa Giudice’s liability.

Joe Giudice’s sudden fame has made every false step a public one. He racked up a DUI last year and served 10 days in jail for driving with a suspended license, and was arrested earlier this year on charges he fraudulently obtained New Jersey driver’s license because his own was suspended. That case has not yet gone to the grand jury, according to the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office.

In January, federal bankruptcy judge Stern sided with Giudice’s former business partner, who wanted a $260,000 debt excluded from the bankruptcy after Giudice allegedly forged his name to some mortgage discharge papers.

“The extraordinary web of lies and misrepresentations woven by Giudice to implement and cover his misconduct reflects on his approach to business matters,” Stern wrote in his opinion, “and suggests his disregard for legal restraints which would bind others.”
    I don't recall any of the debt listed as being exclusively Teresa's personal debt. Maybe the 200K in bad credit card debt was hers. The rest will still all be due and owing. So, I guess that would put their debt at $10,800,000 - if her personal debt is discharged.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 09-20-2011 at 02:26 PM.

I just saw this, too, Snow Bunny. Basically, they now officially can be sued by everyone they stiffed. And they have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Poppy I would doubt Teresa would divorce Joe knowing how deeply catholic they are. What would the Baby Jesus think???
    Not doubting that Tre is too - but isn't it Melissa who is always talking about Baby Jesus?

Agree with what others have said - Juicy Joe is bad news. I actually do feel a little sorry for Tre. But at some point, you need to pull on your big girl panties and deal with life. She seems completely incapable of doing that. And I think she is trapped a bit with Juicy. They have 4 kids and she doesn't have a real income to her name - except what she has made off her books and Bravo. I think the thought of making it on her own terrifies her. At least for now, being hitched to Juicy's carriage, no matter how ugly it is, is better than the alternative to her.

FORT Fogey

I feel sorry for Tre. I think she was doing what she thought she was supposed to do - what she was raised to do. She was raised to marry a good Italian boy, raise his children, keep his house clean and food on the table for him. And she does all that. She works her butt off to do all that. She simply wasn't raised to think about money. I think it was assumed by everyone in her family that she was going to be a housewife, so she didn't need any skills to fall back on. Now she's trapped in this marriage, with four young girls, who's lives she's trying to keep as stable as she can.

Sonja (RHONY) discussed this a little bit on the NY reunion. She also had serious financial issues but she talked about how important it was to her that her daughter be able to stay in the same house and that her life be disrupted as little as possible. Honestly I think she should dump Juicy and move out, start over. Those little girls have enough clothes to last them forever, and they're obviously of excellent quality so can be used as hand-me-downs. I'm sure her family would help her, and I'm sure she's making money off of the books and Bravo.
    sparklete likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast