+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 8/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: 8/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    This show is unwatchable for me any longer. I hate Bravo decided to bring on these interlopers this season. I hate the Gorga that odd looking Kathy and her Creepy acting husband who is more creepier than anything that ever creeped on earth. I can't stand the passive agressive Melissa and her little troll of a husband. Why bother coming to the booksigning, late and them when Teresa has an emotional moment over her troll of brother, he ruins it with senseless crap like some text messages. I really am over the Manzo's an possibly all of these RH shows. I wonder how many more people have to die before Bravo realizes they are playing with peoples real emotions and lives?
    Although I agree with much of what you're feeling, let's not 'throw out the baby with the bath water' --- and let's not blame Bravo for all the ills of reality tv! Perhaps instead, we should be focusing as much, if not more, on how many miserable people there really are in this world, and the mentality of those people who want to appear on these shows, and why they would want to act so horribly and air their dirty linen on tv in front of millions of people.
    KatesMom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Although I agree with much of what you're feeling, let's not 'throw out the baby with the bath water' --- and let's not blame Bravo for all the ills of reality tv! Perhaps instead, we should be focusing as much, if not more, on how many miserable people there really are in this world, and the mentality of those people who want to appear on these shows, and why they would want to act so horribly and air their dirty linen on tv in front of millions of people.
    I agree 100%. Yes, I think the shows are ridiculous and they exploit these people. But I also know that I personally would never want to be on TV - definitely not like this. And if I was stupid enough to appear, I think one season of seeing how they edited me would be enough for me to step back and say "I'm out". These people don't do that - and I think that says a lot about the type of people they are. It is the classic chicken and the egg. Is it really Bravo and the TV producers causing this, or is it Bravo and the TV producers finding people like this to put on TV - because that is the type of person who would go on a TV show? I personally think it is the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    right now it is a tosup for me who is the most horrible person on TV, Juicy, or Jill Zarin
    Not even close to a "tossup." It'll always be JILL ZARIN!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I agree 100%. Yes, I think the shows are ridiculous and they exploit these people. But I also know that I personally would never want to be on TV - definitely not like this. And if I was stupid enough to appear, I think one season of seeing how they edited me would be enough for me to step back and say "I'm out". These people don't do that - and I think that says a lot about the type of people they are. It is the classic chicken and the egg. Is it really Bravo and the TV producers causing this, or is it Bravo and the TV producers finding people like this to put on TV - because that is the type of person who would go on a TV show? I personally think it is the latter.
    Absolutely agree!
    People don't care how they are perceived/portrayed just as long as they are on TV and everyone can see them. There was a time when people had values and it was important to not look classless and stupid. Not anymore.
    So I think Bravo is reaping in the rewards while all these stupid and classess people actually wait in lines to be shown to the world, just as they are, warts and all.
    Bravo just recognizes easy money when they see it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

It's not just Bravo --- in fact Bravo has some of the least offensive reality shows. Way too many of the networks have rude and crude and gross reality shows now -- not to mention the ones that are just in bad taste, period! Just as an example of some of the shows that are on right now, look at some of the crap that's on VH1 (like Mob Wives, Basketball Wives, Celebrity Rehab), and MTV (with their series of brutal Real World/Road Rules Challenges, and the Jersey Shore thugs and thugettes), WB (Cheaters), WE (Bridezillas!) Lifetime (Roseanne’s Nuts, Dance Moms, Russian Dolls), TLC (Hoarding: Buried Alive, Outrageous Kids Parties, Toddlers + Tiaras), DSC (I Almost Got Away With It), AETV (Hoarders,) Oxygen (Snapped, The Bad Girls Club), Style (Jerseylicious, Big Rich Texas), CBS (Big Brother) ABC (Bachelor Pad), not to mention CW (with The Maury Povitch Show and the Jerry Springer freaks) ‼!
    alizarules likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I like Discovery ID's "I Almost Got Away With It." I don't consider it "reality TV." They are not paying people to be freaks on TV. The show reports factually on the failures of the law enforcement/justice system.

So much programming is dedicated to "reality" shows because that is what America wants to watch. It's sad how these productions have come to dominate the airwaves.

I say that while acknowledging that I like trainwreck TV as much as the next person. Especially RHoNJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Absolutely agree!
    People don't care how they are perceived/portrayed just as long as they are on TV and everyone can see them. There was a time when people had values and it was important to not look classless and stupid. Not anymore.
    So I think Bravo is reaping in the rewards while all these stupid and classess people actually wait in lines to be shown to the world, just as they are, warts and all.
    Bravo just recognizes easy money when they see it.
    Oh, so true. And two words - Jersey Shore. And those kids are making ridiculous sums of money. Even MTV's Teen Mom. It is actually cool and lucrative now to be classless and stupid. So very, very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I like Discovery ID's "I Almost Got Away With It." I don't consider it "reality TV." They are not paying people to be freaks on TV. The show reports factually on the failures of the law enforcement/justice system.

So much programming is dedicated to "reality" shows because that is what America wants to watch. It's sad how these productions have come to dominate the airwaves.

I say that while acknowledging that I like trainwreck TV as much as the next person. Especially RHoNJ.
    I do too, Poppy. But I think people like you and I like it for different reasons than some of the younger folk! I like it as an escape from my life for an hour of mindless TV. I also like it because it helps me remember how good I actually have it in life! Sadly, I think that is not how others may view it. I think there are people out there who are actually envious of some of these people. And that is really sad!
    LuckyMom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I do too, Poppy. But I think people like you and I like it for different reasons than some of the younger folk! I like it as an escape from my life for an hour of mindless TV. I also like it because it helps me remember how good I actually have it in life! Sadly, I think that is not how others may view it. I think there are people out there who are actually envious of some of these people. And that is really sad!
    I gotta agree with you guys -- I don't watch much television, happened on the RHOC a few years back, and I am so hooked on RH insanity. Younger people - if we can believe comments on Bravo's blogs - seem entranced with and envious of the RHs; maybe I'm just old enough to appreciate my own good life and lack of trauma, but geez it's easy to get all snarky about the RHs... they practically beg for it. I see lots of one-upmanship and competition among the "ladies that lunch" around here, even the privileged ones seem all about who's most important and popular. Not a good way to live.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

How can you afford to open up a new restaurant when you are in bankruptcy?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast