+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 8/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

8/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please use this thread to discuss this week's episode.

Thanks and enjoy the show!

Re: 8/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Okay, I'll jump in, first 7 minutes. What the heck? Jacqueline is sobbing and going on...why in the world doesn't she just let Ashley go? I was watching Ashley's expressions, and she seemed to want that more than anything. We've all been saying Ashley needs to grow up, which she does. But I'm starting to think Jacqueline needs to grow up in a certain area, too!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Melissa arrives early to Kathy's party and plants a distorted version of Teresa's comments about Rich to Kathy....and conveniently leaves out her own comments. Riiiight
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

WHOA....I just had a '70s memory. A sort-of-friend of mine was from a wealthy family. She'd already been labeled as a druggie (we're talking needles), the hippiest of the hippies I'd ever known. I went with her to her home - a mansion - with a mutual friend. That night "Mary" was going to run away AGAIN. As I sat there in awe of her home, her bedroom, her closet that was almost the same size of my own bedroom...... I sat there and watched as she tossed over her shoulder into a NO pile shoes and clothes I'd have loved to have! Expensive stuff that I'd never ever be able to have! She was tossing into a pile of trash to her.

At one point, she looked at my friend and me and said, "If you want any of this $hit, take it." We didn't. She bundled up what she felt was her best and what she needed, stuffed it into her "bag", and we waited until a friend of her arrived to take her away, we were dumbstruck.

This was a poor little rich girl, who was as tough as nails, sticking needles in her arm and choosing to live in trash, literally. Instead of living with her family. This wasn't her first time running. But it was her last time. For whatever reasons, living with luxury and privilege just wasn't worth "it" -- never learned what "it" was for her. So sad.

Just had this feeling with Ashley tonight...let her go...you don't want to see her tossing shoes over her shoulders while seeking comfort in something very bad.

Jacqueline needs to stop and let her go -- in order to keep her.
    Last edited by SugarMama; 08-21-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My son and I just had this discussion a couple of days ago. What I've learned in my lifetime is that kids don't want or appreciate "stuff" as much as they want and appreciate the memories you make with them by spending time with them. He had told me about seeing a little boy with his mom who was renting a video and then going to pick up chicken wings; he said the boy was being really rude to her. My son said it reminded him of the special evenings we would spend, and he thanked me for those memories. He's soon to be 27....got me all choked up! I told him he wasn't a rude child, thus he is still alive. Jacqueline is now reaping what she has sown by raising Ashley and giving into her feelings of guilt and allowing her daughter too much leniency in her behaviors. I'm with Caroline....my son would STILL be holding ice on his lip if he talked to me the way Ashley talked to her mother! I wouldn't have waited this long to tell her to get the hell out of my house. . And, Jacqueline still is not able to face her. The little boys were showing battle signs of the stress, too. The elder one had his arm protectively around his mother's neck, and the baby was tugging at his hair. Sad.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OMG!!! Ashley is such a little brat! I have no idea how anyone can put up with her! I was so uncomfortable watching the show tonight as I really felt like I wanted to jump through the TV screen and strangle Ashley! As much as I respect her 4 parents in their attempts to do what they think was best for her, they need to step back and kick the little brat out! UGH, her little smirk and her "poor me" attitude just makes me want to scream! I guess because I have a 21 year old daughter and I can sort of relate but NEVER ever would I allow her to speak to me the way Ashley does! I can't believe Chris didn't call her out when Ashley said "You're such a bitch" at the table towards the end of the show....

I hope I never have to see that little smug smile on my screen again after Chris kicks her out of the house, but I have a sick feeling they won't follow through.

FORT Fogey

It occured to me last night watching the show - Teresa is Ashley in 20 years. Teresa share's Ashley's perspective of being unable to see anything in the world that doesn't revolve around her. She also shares the "If I say it, its true. If I just say I want it, it'll happen. No work involved" outlook. Teresa destroys relationships with her family because she's so caught up in keeping track of what has been done to her that she can't forgive and move on - just like Ashley. Ashley has the benefit of seeing her life down the road with a husband and four kids, and deciding now if that's what she wants it to be.

FORT Fanatic

What resturant was T talking about opening? The pizza place, so she could wear elegant gowns, or was this something new?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I can't stand Teresa, but Melissa definitely exaggerated Teresa's comments about Richie. And she did it in front of his daughter! And what is with him and the Walkile kids' mouths always being open? Is it their teeth or something? And Jacqueline mocking Victoria was immature and low - just what I've come to expect from her.

Is Teresa ever on time for anything? And once there, does she ever enjoy an event that she didn't personally create? I could not believe her reaction to the belly dancer. I know she's dense, but does she really think the purpose of the dancer was to make her hot? And she doesn't see the "fit" even though she'd been eating Middle Eastern food all night? And she thinks it's totally OK to forge a loan document as long as you own up to it later??? And does she really think that case was resolved in their favor??? What a maroon.

And why do Caroline and Jackie feel that Teresa owes them every detail of her legal problems? Mocking her for saying "everything's fine"? WTH. These women are not stellar friends to have. Caroline was barf worthy, making her judgmental comments about having to accept that they did wrong and pay the price. I wonder if she said the same things to Teresa's face? Or to her criminal friend, Bernie Kerik? Jackie's dig about Teresa using the money she makes from her cookbook to pay the creditors made me laugh because I highly doubt she looks at Chris's bankruptcy debts in the same light.

I've one word of advice for Ashley: RUN!!! Maybe it's not too late for her if she does. She may be hopelessly irresponsible and self-involved, but she totally has her mother's number. The sobbing and crying about not being able to reap the rewards of her efforts as a mother. Huh??? Screaming insults at Ashley from another room, over her sons' heads and letting them watch while she kicked their sister out of the house? She is clueless.

Jackie is the poster chld for arrested development. Maybe that's why she is perfectly suited for the middle-school drama Bravo creates for the entire cast. Although, I'm starting to expect Bravo is going to kick Jacqueline to the curb, taking a page out of her own book. She's taken the shit stirring to a new level with her Bravo blog.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-22-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    SugarMama and sparklete like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was married to a man who was, and to this date (by his own admission), is NEVER on time for anything or anybody. I learned that this is because he thinks the world totally revolved around him, and he is more important than anyone else! This rudeness-reason was confirmed by the marriage counselor. I see Teresa's behavior here. I've been on time since I left him!!!

Caroline and Jacqueline can ask all of the questions that they want. Teresa doesn't have to indulge them with answers. The term "I am not discussing that with you." comes to mind. It is OK to say , "No." But she needs the attention so that she will have an excuse to complain and kvetch.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-22-2011 at 11:41 AM.
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast