+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 8/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 8/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Jacqueline has taught Ashley that the world (her mother) owes her simply because she exists. Ashley is not a "mental defective"....she knows the difference between how she acts and how she should act. I think enough is enough. She wants to be "grown" let her get out there and get on with it. There comes a point in time when you simply cannot instill in people what they do not want you to instill.

See-ya-wouldn't-wanna-be-ya! Let's see if her dad and stepmother think that her poo doesn't stink. Ashley needs to get over herself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Jacqueline has taught Ashley that the world (her mother) owes her simply because she exists. Ashley is not a "mental defective"....she knows the difference between how she acts and how she should act. I think enough is enough. She wants to be "grown" let her get out there and get on with it. There comes a point in time when you simply cannot instill in people what they do not want you to instill.

See-ya-wouldn't-wanna-be-ya! Let's see if her dad and stepmother think that her poo doesn't stink. Ashley needs to get over herself.

But, I thought that Ashlee was moving to CA (Lord, help all of us on the WC!) as opposed to Texas where her father and stepmother live?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

This part I agree with 100%. I always think it is funny when teenagers say they want to be treated like grown-ups, which in my mind shows exactly how immature and unprepared they really are. If you think you want to be treated like a grown-up, chances are you have NO IDEA what it really means to be a grown-up. If I could go back to not having to deal with bills, a job, home repairs, etc. - SIGN ME UP!!
    luvsginger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I do agree with this. The question I have now, after what others have said, is whether this is just Ashlee or whether her parents contributed. What I mean by that - if you have raised a spoiled, self-entitled brat who has never had to work a day in her life and everything was given to her if she asked for it - what do you expect. Then I think simply throwing that kid out at 20 and telling them "good luck" is incredibly harsh. However, as some here have mentioned, if you have done the best you can to raise them right and you just have one of those kids who thinks the world owes them simply because they exist - then kicking them out may be just what they need to finally grow up and figure out what you have been trying to teach them. Unfortunately, I think Ashlee may fall into the first category and I think she has not been taught what she needs to survive on her own. Now there is no reason that she can't learn this now - but if her parents have created this monster, then I do believe her parents at least owe her a certain amount of help to stand on her own and start to learn these things now.
    I agree with you, I think that people believe that Jacqueline and Chris have given Ashley everything and forgetting the restrictions that they had put on her. I remember in the early seasons, Ashley was on restriction quite a bit and also had her car taken away. I also remember Jacqueline saying that they had tried everything...and it also came out that they had taken her to counseling. We only see a little of what really goes on in their house and its JMHO as usual that I think Chris and Jacqueline have tried their best to their ability to make it work with the spoiled brat but they are fed up! I say "later" to Ashley and I hope I never ever see your smug little face on a magazine cover or ad (Miss I want to be a model) nor do I hope I ever see you walking around the streets of California because we have enough wannabes here.....

I think Jaquline and Chris did "try" to raise Ashley the right way. They often disciplined her ....but...their problem was they always "caved" to her. They were never consistant. They take the car away for a month and give it back to her in a couple weeks...prob because she wore them down. It's hard work to be a TOUGH parent. I think they just kept hoping Ashley would come around and behave.
    Lots of 20 yr olds (and younger) have had to go out and make it on their own. They don't owe her a thing anymore. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think Jaquline and Chris did "try" to raise Ashley the right way. They often disciplined her ....but...their problem was they always "caved" to her. They were never consistant. They take the car away for a month and give it back to her in a couple weeks...prob because she wore them down. It's hard work to be a TOUGH parent. I think they just kept hoping Ashley would come around and behave.
    Lots of 20 yr olds (and younger) have had to go out and make it on their own. They don't owe her a thing anymore. JMHO
    Exactly! There shouldn't be the reward of a shiny new car because she maybe washed a dish or took the dog for a walk. If and when she had a workable plan for her life and was well on her way to seeing it to fruition and needed a car to get to work....then maybe help her finance a safe and solid used car. How does presenting her with the car of her choice teach her anything??

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    Exactly! There shouldn't be the reward of a shiny new car because she maybe washed a dish or took the dog for a walk. If and when she had a workable plan for her life and was well on her way to seeing it to fruition and needed a car to get to work....then maybe help her finance a safe and solid used car. How does presenting her with the car of her choice teach her anything??
    They actually bought her two shiny new SUVs, remember? The first was a reward for getting good grades in summer school - where she had to go to make up failing grades, and after she had been expelled. I suspect Chris and Jac are the kind of parents who basically give a teenager too wide a latitude unless and until she gets in trouble. Then they punish/nag/harrrass and reward. Ashley's expectation that they would tolerate her behavior and support her indefinitely was based on her experience living with them, IMO.

As recently as 2/2010, Ashley expected that she would be modeling (as stated in answer to an interviewer's question: "where do you see yourself a year from now?") Now, on her Twitter page, she characterizes herself as an "artist, fashion designer, and internet journalist." Sketching reproductions of photographs, trying to start a tee shirt business, and blogging (unimpressively) on Buzznet makes you none of those things. She is, and maybe always has been delusional. She wants the world to love her just for existing.

With that kind of mindset, she had entirely the wrong set of parents. She needed parents who were truly and meaningfully involved in her life at a much earlier age. Again, in my opinion.

ETA: I do hope that she moved to L.A. because she has enrolled in beauty school. No mention of that on her blog. She has a 3-month lease on a studio apartment, with plans to move to another place when the lease is up.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-27-2011 at 09:04 AM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How long has Chris been in Jacqueline's and Ashley's lives?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

How long has Chris been in Jacqueline's and Ashley's lives?
    I believe since Ashley was 5.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345