+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 8/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

There's a difference between spanking and beating. I *never* got beaten as a child. But I got a swat once or twice. I wasn't traumatized, I didn't grow up resentful, angry, psychologically damaged or any other terrible thing. I have a wonderful close relationship with my parents. Caroline saying that if Ashley had been her daughter, she'd still be holding ice to her lip didn't sound unfamiliar to me, and it didn't sound terrible.

I like Kathy's family a lot. They're odd but so sweet. They love each other very much and that's obvious, and the kids seem well-mannered and nice. I like them, and I'd like to hang out with them out of any of the other families.

I was about to comment on why not to have a child so young in life but then I realized I had my first son when I had just turned 22. I had just gotten married, was on the pill & yet he "happened". Trust me there were moments when I thought I might send him into orbit around the moon. I never spanked or even yelled at him. Instead I took a 2 minute breather in a different room from him. He is 30 now, mananges a restaurant & helps me take care of my 87 year old Mom. Do I think there are areas in his life that could be improved upon...yes...but the last thing I do is get into a screaming match with him. When he asks for advice I give him my honest opinion/advice. He may not always like what I have to say but if the tension gets too heated I shut the discussion down. My boys know when I whenever I say "that's it" the discussion is over. You have got to allow them to fall down on their own. Yes of course be there to help pick them up but you don't reward bad behavior buy purchasing a car they didn't earn, deserve nor can afford. the same goes for cell phones.
    Jacquline engages Ashley at a 20 year old level & of course Ashley will win every time because Ashley is better at being 20 because she IS 20. Let her buy her own car & cell phone. Trust me Hondas & TracPhones work just as well as Jeeps & iphones.
    The thing is I never engaged them in any arguements & still won't to this day.
    SugarMama likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Newbie

does anyone know anymore about Ashley's real dad & step mom's arrest? I read they are out on bond for arson, insurance fraud & money laundering. His real name is John Madison Holmes. Why do all of these people have such baggage?

FORT Newbie

Posted on Houston Press: The couple received a $429,000 insurance settlement, some of which, authorities allege, went toward purchasing Jodi Sue's cosmetic surgery and a $40,000 diamond ring. Hell, a lady's gotta look the part if she's going on a Bravo TV reality show.

Matt Holmes was charged with arson, insurance fraud and money laundering and was released after posting $225,000 bond. Jodi Sue Holmes is charged with money laundering and posted her $75,000 bond.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

This happened in June, and I cannot seem to find any record of there being indictments, or any further pursuit of the charges.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Ashley moved to LA, arriving there yesterday from DFW airport, and is getting settled in her new place. Mattress shopping today. Hope she doesn't come back in Season 4. Hope Jacqueline doesn't, either.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Ashley moved to LA, arriving there yesterday from DFW airport, and is getting settled in her new place. Mattress shopping today. Hope she doesn't come back in Season 4. Hope Jacqueline doesn't, either.
    Am glad to hear that altho I hope I don't run into her as I might just tell her what I think about her behavior. Just kidding.
    Wonder how long she'll last before she runs out of money. I hope Bravo doesn't continue her "star-dom" giving her more camera time, as in a new show or in RHNJ. I've had enough of that girl.......and her mother. But it wouldn't surprise me if Bravo gave her a spin-off, thus giving her enough funds & ego to make California living possible. What a gruesome thought. What a way to ruin someone's life.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules View Post
    I have to tell you, my mom never hit me, nor did she ever say to me she would knock my teeth out.

But I can guarantee you, that if I EVER spoke to my mother the way Ashlee speaks to Jackie, I would be walking around with a full set of dentures.

However, Ashlee acts that way because she has been spoiled and has been ALLOWED to act that way. Kicking her out is not the solution, but it is very difficult to undo 20 years of being raised thinking you are entitled.
    Hmmmmm, sort of like 4 year old Melania nastily saying to her father,Juicy Joe: "Get me some pizza, you old troll!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I disagree that "kicking her out" is not a solution. No one has to tolerate her behavior. "Kicking her out" is probably just what she needs to get her full attention and help her become reality-centered. There comes a point in time where the words "Enough, already!" should be used; time to stop being a doormat.

Ashley has played that guilt card long enough....now, if only her mother could be convinced of that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I disagree that "kicking her out" is not a solution. No one has to tolerate her behavior. "Kicking her out" is probably just what she needs to get her full attention and help her become reality-centered. There comes a point in time where the words "Enough, already!" should be used; time to stop being a doormat.

Ashley has played that guilt card long enough....now, if only her mother could be convinced of that!
    I do agree with this. The question I have now, after what others have said, is whether this is just Ashlee or whether her parents contributed. What I mean by that - if you have raised a spoiled, self-entitled brat who has never had to work a day in her life and everything was given to her if she asked for it - what do you expect. Then I think simply throwing that kid out at 20 and telling them "good luck" is incredibly harsh. However, as some here have mentioned, if you have done the best you can to raise them right and you just have one of those kids who thinks the world owes them simply because they exist - then kicking them out may be just what they need to finally grow up and figure out what you have been trying to teach them. Unfortunately, I think Ashlee may fall into the first category and I think she has not been taught what she needs to survive on her own. Now there is no reason that she can't learn this now - but if her parents have created this monster, then I do believe her parents at least owe her a certain amount of help to stand on her own and start to learn these things now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast