+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 8/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: 8/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Shay, I think C & A were complaining because Tre does not induge them with answers. She "puts on a smile" and says "everything's fine." I guess that is her way of saying "I'm not discussing that with you."
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess I don't see it so much as a complaint as an observation, which they frequently make. By the way they say it, sounds to me like they know it's none of their business, but they just want to give it another shot to see what she will say. She's like a dancing puppet on a string. She needs to put her foot down in very blunt terms if she wants it to stop.

And I do think that Jacqueline has maturity issues because she seems to feel the need to go toe-to-toe with her daughter, much like you might with a sibling. Jacqueline is too worried about what Ashley will think.

And Ashley is deluded and entitled. Ashley thinks she is going to go to California and have her own house....the only way that will happen is if she has a rich sugar daddy or goes into a field where she "sells her soul". I love that even her cousin is not interested in putting up with her stupid stuff.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-22-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't like Ashlee. I think she is spoiled and entitled. She has no idea how good she has it. That being said - I now definitely see what you were saying last week, Poppy. She is a monster created by her mother. What really sent it home for me was at the end last night when Jaq didn't even have the b**ls to go up to her daughter's room and kick her out herself. She sat there in the living room and hid behind those babies. That was truly sad to see.

Tre - ugh. I wonder if she has ticked off someone in production. They are really editing to make her look bad this season. Not saying she doesn't deserve it, but man, if it can make Tre look bad, they have kept it in. I do agree with the comment about her and Joe being happy with the way the lawsuit turned out. I had a WTF moment when I saw that. Really? You are happy your husband was found to have forged that document? HUH?

Another thing that made me smile last night was Teresa making fun of Melissa's "boardwalk" top. IIRC, Teresa wore that same top in black (or one very similar) at her "Frendsgiving" gathering - or whatever she called it.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

That's what I mean about maybe her ticking someone off in production. She is making herself look like a complete idiot with what she is saying - apparently she doesn't have a very long memory. She had something negative to say about anything and everything. And given what she has said or done at various points in the past, it was just ridiculous. The whole Kim G thing attacking Melissa was the same thing. Wasn't she the one trying to be friends with Danielle, even after Jaq and Caroline had had enough of her? It's just ridiculous - scratch that - SHE is ridiculous!

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3
    What resturant was T talking about opening? The pizza place, so she could wear elegant gowns, or was this something new?
    I think the pizza place was already up and running when this episode was filmed. Given the timing of her announcement (at Kathy's party), I assume it was made sheerly for attention - and it didn't get much.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-22-2011 at 02:28 PM.

I agree with all of you that Jackie definitely has issues.
    However, I really felt bad for her last night.
    Yes, she has in many ways created the Ashlee monster, but I'm not ready to throw her to the curb. Although her ex, Matt, is now in Ashlee's life, it sounds like he wasn't for a lot of years and it is very hard being a single parent. Looks like she definitely overindulged Ashlee and that's a shame.
    However, I saw a woman at the end of her rope last note who had reached her saturation point. I've been there myself, so I can certainly empathize with her. I do, however, agree with Caroline, that if Ashlee were my kid, she'd certainly be having to use that ice quite a lot.
    luvsginger and Poppy Fields like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

The bit about the ice - I imagine that back in Caroline's day, it might not have been considered child abuse. Now, of course, it is. And doing it to your adult offspring can land you in jail for assault.

I believe Caroline also mentioned something about picking teeth up off the floor. Lovely.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-22-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Poppy,

My stepmother always says to me that she / everyone else at that time would be reported to CPS and / or put in jail nowadays for what they did back then.
    Surprisingly, though, her kids and most everyone else grew up fine.
    mom2 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am not afraid of these kids and their threats to call the law. I would be willing to take my chances with my own. If you don't raise these children with boundaries from the time that they are in their extremely early years, no matter how cute they are, you are asking for trouble. I just couldn't see not upsetting my child as a tiny one just to have many more problems with him as he was older and stronger. They are smarter than we give them credit for being, that's for sure, and "no" is not a dirty word. Children learn from each other. I remember being in a grocery store with my son, and another child was putting on a fit-having show with the adult doing nothing; I saw my son staring, raptly (studying that brat), at the child and told him, immediately "Don't even think about it!". He just looked at me! Never saw a drop of that performance repeated. I'm telling you, it pays to make them think that you just may be half crazy! Avoids a lot of unnecessary drama. The phrases "I'm not afraid of you!" and "Just try me!" also can be quite effective!

I was, more so, about talking a good game!
    alizarules likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast