+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 8/15 Show Discussion""Spoilers**

8/15 Show Discussion""Spoilers**

Please use this thread to discuss this weeks show.

Let the Ashley battle begin!

Re: 8/15 Show Discussion""Spoilers**

wow.

I just dont even know what to say. I found myself in tears when Jac was, I cant even imagine how she feels. I have read elsewhere of some happenings, but I wont say as it would be considered spoiler.

Ashlee/Ashley in my opinion, months later, still hasnt really learned much. I did a search last night on twitter of RHONJ and she said something pretty ignorant/bratty that has since been deleted.

I really like her dad, and I too am curious as to why she seems to have such hatred or "chip on her shoulder" towards her mom.

and did you notice how hard Melissa's "posse" tried not to laugh at the first try at the song? OMG. Have a feeling her music will be very "production heavy" lol
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Ashley wants all the fun and perks that come from being a grown up, especially the freedom, without any of the responsibilty or reality that comes with it. I'm glad there are so many people in her life who are laughing at how unrealistic it is. I was really surprised and impressed with what a strong unit Jacqueline and Ashley's father were in dealing with her. It was also refreshing to see that her step mom was also so involved and concerned. So often it doesn't happen that way that it was really nice to see all four of them working together as a unified front in dealing with her bratty self. I also have to say I love the way the Manzo kids have taken this year to making fun of her a bit on camera. You can tell that Ashley looks up to them, and values having them as cousins. I think in the long run, it will be good for her to see that they consider her immaturity to be somewhat of a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    did Ashley just say that Jacqueline chose to raise her instead of adopt her out....so she owes her????? Please tell me I misheard that (not a quote, btw)
    Yep...she sure did say that! What a brat!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I guess the theme this show was serious maternal flaws:

Teresa with the brat squad. Tee apparently has no idea how to handle her kids without a nanny hovering nearby.

Caroline with not affirming Lauren. Are you freaking kidding me? How could she not have told Lauren that she is beautiful?

Kathy with the bad timing for the Talk. Uh, Kathy, the time for the sex talk is when you have the Menstruation Means You're a Woman Now talk. Given the fact she chose some quonset hut dress shop for the sex talk, I have to figure the menstruation one took place at CVS by the tampon display.

Jac with all things Ashley. This intervention should have happened in a shrink's office, not a restaurant. They obviously BOTH need help.

Melissa was the only one who escaped. I guess she's not incompetent enough as a mother. Just as a singer.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

One thing that kind of annoyed me was when Caroline was talking to Lauren (while they were in her closet) about her weight. At first Caroline was telling Lauren that beauty comes from within, but then after that, she made a comment to Lauren that she hopes Lauren is happy and accepts herself after she loses the weight. Why didn't she encourage Lauren to love her self and be happy BEFORE she loses the weight? That remark contradicts they previous statement she made about beauty coming from within. If she believes it comes from within, then she shouldn't have commented that she hopes Lauren accepts herself after she loses the weight. Why not encourage her to accept herself no matter WHAT weight she is at?
    sparklete likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I guess the theme this show was serious maternal flaws:

Teresa with the brat squad. Tee apparently has no idea how to handle her kids without a nanny hovering nearby.

Caroline with not affirming Lauren. Are you freaking kidding me? How could she not have told Lauren that she is beautiful?Kathy with the bad timing for the Talk. Uh, Kathy, the time for the sex talk is when you have the Menstruation Means You're a Woman Now talk. Given the fact she chose some quonset hut dress shop for the sex talk, I have to figure the menstruation one took place at CVS by the tampon display.

Jac with all things Ashley. This intervention should have happened in a shrink's office, not a restaurant. They obviously BOTH need help.

Melissa was the only one who escaped. I guess she's not incompetent enough as a mother. Just as a singer.
    AMEN Poppy to the Caroline/Lauren comment!

And I was also wondering...how could they have such a confrontation with Ashley in a RESTAURANT of all places? Did you see all the people turning around and looking at them? Did they really think they would be able to talk to Ashley in hushed tones? Afterall...it's ASHLEY they're talking to!!!

Gotta admit, my jaw hit the floor at how Ashley (ee?) came off towards Jac. No, the setting for the parental intervention perhaps wasn't the greatest, but DAMN, that's STILL her MOTHER!

Maybe Jac WON'T win Parent of the Year, but, Great God Almighty, TALK about DISRESPECT!

And, I think, what stunned me even more was that this kid apparently honestly had NO CLUE . . . No CLUE at ALL, even when both her fathers were calling her out about her sh***y behavior towards her mom.

Just one person's humble opinion, but it seems to me that that kid is headed at 1,000 miles per hour for one NIGHTMARE of a wake-up call, sooner, or later.

My heart went out to Jacqueline, and yes, I'm glad she finally had the backbone to tell Ashley (ee?) to roll the hell up out of her house.
    Last edited by ness; 08-15-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    SugarMama and sparklete like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I took Carolyn's comment to be more of a "if you're committed to going down this path, then I hope it brings you happiness". I think Carolyn knows that its possible that Lauren could lose the weight, and still not be happy with herself - if Lauren doesn't accept that beauty within. Maybe she knew it was useless to try to talk Lauren out of losing weight, and was saying she hoped Lauren was doing it for the right reasons, instead of doing it for the wrong reasons, where'd she'd still be unhappy after getting the results.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Gotta admit, my jaw hit the floor at how Ashley (ee?) came off towards Jac. No, the setting for the parental intervention perhaps wasn't the greatest, but DAMN, that's STILL her MOTHER!

Maybe Jac WON'T win Parent of the Year, but, Great God Almighty, TALK about DISRESPECT!

And, I think, what stunned me even more was that this kid apparently honestly had NO CLUE . . . No CLUE at ALL, even when both her fathers were calling her out about her sh***y behavior towards her mom.

Just one person's humble opinion, but it seems to me that that kid is headed at 1,000 miles per hour for one NIGHTMARE of a wake-up call, sooner, or later.

My heart went out to Jacqueline, and yes, I'm glad she finally had the backbone to tell Ashley (ee?) to roll the hell up out of her house.
    I sure hope that Jac has the guts to follow through next week and send her packing...and while they're at it....take away the spoiled brat's car too. Sheesh...what were they thinking giving her that car? It's not as if she has been the "model" citizen all along and this is just one bump in the road.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast