+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 8/15 Show Discussion""Spoilers**

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I took Carolyn's comment to be more of a "if you're committed to going down this path, then I hope it brings you happiness". I think Carolyn knows that its possible that Lauren could lose the weight, and still not be happy with herself - if Lauren doesn't accept that beauty within. Maybe she knew it was useless to try to talk Lauren out of losing weight, and was saying she hoped Lauren was doing it for the right reasons, instead of doing it for the wrong reasons, where'd she'd still be unhappy after getting the results.
    That's exactly how I took what Caroline said to her, too . . .
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: 8/15 Show Discussion""Spoilers**

This is what I don't get: if Ashley has saved up enough money to pay for a place in California and says that she understands that she will have to get a job, then why are these people telling her she does not have a plan? These are not poor people, so I can't figure out why the parents don't tell Ashley to apply to make up schools in LA and if she gets in agree to pay some or all her tuition and let her know that they are writing the check directly to the school, and then take her to the freaking airport already!

Yes, she is is obnoxious and disrespectful. But she also has a plan that they seem to just want to ridicule without discussion. It's also a reasonable aspiration for Ashley, as she is clearly not a Rhodes scholar and this is a trade she could actually support herself with. The school isn't going to ask for her SAT scores, if you know what I mean.

With her Bravo paycheck, Ashley may well have enough money to find housing. Whatever school accepts her will certainly be able to make housing recommendations.

I can't believe these people with their Bloody Mary swilling and their vague talk about Ashley's lack of goals or plans for a future. This wasn't an intervention. It was a public humiliation.

Party on, parents. Nice job.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-15-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I kept thinking last night that Ashley's boyfriend from last season, if watching, was probably thinking what a bullet he'd dodged by breaking up with Ashley!!
    mom2 and SugarMama like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Kiz

You all ought to read Jacqueline's blog on the Bravo web site. It's a two parter from last week. The claws are out, and she's going after Teresa in a big way.

Jacqueline Laurita - The Real Housewives of New Jersey - An Eye Opener - Blog - Bravo TV Official Site
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I just finished reading that. Wow. Guess that will be the "new" feud, Teresa vs Jac. Good for Jac standing up for herself!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Wow, Jacqueline decided to lay it all out didn't she?? And THANK GOODNESS.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Kiz

I've read that they're currently filming season 4, and the filming until November (to capture the Giudice bankruptcy/fraud trial I'm sure). This turn of events between Jacqueline and Teresa should make for a very interesting season next year, if they make it to the end.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I liked how Jacq really said a lot of truth in her blog, without bias. She seems to understand her friends quite well but doesn't get the extent of the mess that is Ashley.
    She is pitifully spoiled and needs a really good life lesson. Let her go to Calif, even as another poster said previously, pay for the school (directly & not thru Ashley). There is no way this immature child of 20 will be able to make it out here....things are expensive, almost every young girl is beautiful, expecting to be "discovered."
    It just won't work the way Ashley thinks it will. I wouldn't go so far as to let her become homeless but I surely wouldn't make it easy for her or bail her out. She needs a tough life lesson...it's the only way she will learn. All this talking and intervention solves nothing. Let her see what life is really about.
    Ashley drives me nuts with her selfishness but I have to remind myself that her parents (all 4) have enabled and allowed this behavior.
    Holly in SoCal and Kiz like this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I think that the problems that Jac has with Ashley run deep, and that she is primarily responsible for them.

I don't know whether or not Jacqueline ever lived independently, on her own with a child. I do know that she was dependent on her parents after her divorce, and remained dependent on them until she moved East with Chris. I wonder if she ever paid her parents rent, or paid for all that child care they provided for her. She doesn't have much in the way of life experience to hold herself out as a role model to Ashley, yet she continually tries to do exactly that. All too frequently when there is a conflict with Ashley, Jacqueline makes it about herself. Just like she did at the "intervenion."

You cannot play the "Sacrifices I've Made for You" card more than once with your child, or you sound like you think you're a martyr. Of course, a child hearing Jac's litany of "sacrifices" would think her birth was an accident - a mistake. Doing this even once can make your child feel as if she has always been a burden to you. How could Jacqueline not realize that until now?

I think the reason is that Jacqueline is extremely immature herself and she has raised Ashely to be dependent on her, just as she was dependent on her own parents. She and Ashley both need help, and would probably benefit from joint counseling sessions - with a licensed professional. Not Jacqui's friend the "life coach."

I aslo think that she and Chris should apologize to Ashley for that ill planned "intervention." Once Ashley put the desire to attend beauty school on the table, the discussion should have centered entirely on that. There should have been note taking and list making. Instead, it turned into a dumping session. In addtion to being totally unproductive, I would imagine it was extremely hurtful.

ETA: Going to California could be the best decision Ashley ever made. It could be beneficial to her in so many ways! Have you noticed how "separate" she appears to be in the Laurita family and how much she has wanted to be a part of it - yet isn't? How many times have we heard them say on camera that they consider Ashley "family" even though she isn't actually related to them? Why in the world would anyone consider that an appropriate thing to say?? And her cousins always seem to gleefully take every opportunity to trash her and joke about her. Who could blame Ashley for wanting to get away from all of that and find herself? If I were her, I'd leave for California with or without my parents' support.

Let's see if she has more basic courage than her mother does.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-16-2011 at 10:13 AM.
    Kiz and SugarMama like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fan

Do any of you REALLY believe that Ashlee (Don't call me Ashley!) could manage on her own in California for more than five minutes? The kid can't even make her bed. Why would any parent listen to that ridiculous plan and be encouraging. My 28 year old spoiled, entitled, ungrateful nephew tried to convince his parents to finance his move to San Francisco -- I sent him a Craiglist post of SF rental prices (roomate shares and studios) and it shut him down in two minutes flat. He's still at home doing nothing. Maybe I should hook them up?
    Trust Me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast