+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 8/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: 8/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Personally, I wouldn't kick my kid out of the house unless she was a junkie or engaged in violent and/or criminal behavior.

I think Ashley's problems run pretty deep. Piecing bits of information together (from her own blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and Formspring), I think she's always been unsuccessful academically and socially. She claims she was the "most hated" girl in her high school. I know she was expelled from the Catholic school she attended with Christine Staub. I'm not sure if she finished her diploma at another school or got a GED. One thing is certain: she was a very poor student. I would think her only option for higher education would be community college, and I'm not sure she's ready to try. When failure is a constant for you academically, it's hard to get excited about the doors a bachelor's degree might open for you.

She seems to be hoping that her little slice of Bravo fame is going to launch her into a life path. She is supposedly coming out with a line of graphic tee shirts. Given the fact that she can sketch decently (mostly from photographs, apparently), I am surprised that Chris hasn't tried to land her a job with a clothing manufacturer. He must know a lot of them, as that is his business. Maybe he has tried, and she doesn't want that. Who knows?

She also spends time in Texas with her other family. If the Lauritas were to kick her out, I imagine that's where she would go.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-09-2011 at 12:29 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I was also glad to see that Ashley had some talent as an artist.
    Knowing how she seems to be, though, I do assume she gets bored pretty quickly when doing her sketching. Her comments about "her artistic vision", etc. lead me to believe that if she does pursue the arts, she will be even more obnoxious than she is at present. I do think she qualifies as my all time least favorite reality show offspring. And, considering I watch most of the Real Housewives shows, that's really sinking to the bottom of the barrel.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    ...I do think she [Ashley] qualifies as my all time least favorite reality show offspring. And, considering I watch most of the Real Housewives shows, that's really sinking to the bottom of the barrel.
    Come on...remember Lynne Curtain's two lovely daughters, Raquel and Alexa? Worse them them? Equal maybe, but surely not worse
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Wow guys.... Melania is four. Four year olds say rude stuff like that. It's part of being four. It hardly classifies her as a brat.

For me, Ashley is worse than Lynne's daughters. Because Ashley has good examples to live by, she has experienced good parenting, her parents are involved in her life, she's surrounded by a good support system, she's been given opportunities out the wazoo... and she's still rotten to the core. Lynne's daughters haven't had any of the same advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    Wow guys.... Melania is four. Four year olds say rude stuff like that. It's part of being four. It hardly classifies her as a brat...
    There are no age restrictions for brats. She was also the one last season (wasn't it last?) who was biting the others. Her tossing her clothes onto the floor - on purpose obviously - was bratty. Everything shown in the last episode was, in my opinion, bratty. A four-year old should know better. I'd give a two-year old a bit of a break, but not four. I could tell by her facial expressions she knew exactly what she was doing.
    mom2 and Starbucks880 like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Come on...remember Lynne Curtain's two lovely daughters, Raquel and Alexa? Worse them them? Equal maybe, but surely not worse
    I wasn't overly fond of them, but I did like them better than Ashley.
    She can't even be nice to her grandfather who is so nice to her.
    And I totally agree with Tears and Rain upthread. Ashley has had some good examples set for her, along with a very strong support system.
    I think Lynne and her husband meant well with the kids, but Lynne, the main caregiver, was way too lenient with those girls. They needed a mother - not a woman desperate to have her children think of her as their "friend".

I also agree about Melania. Not at all uncommon for 4 yr olds to be flippant like that. When they turn 18 and they're still flippant, then there's a problem!
    Last edited by norealityhere; 08-10-2011 at 12:16 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I want to throw in my two cents here also.

I have, and I would, again, kick out my (adult) kid if they were not being productive/contributing to the family and just leeching off the parents.

Yes, 4 yr olds say lots of rude things. Parents of 4 year olds who say rude things should stop it each time, until they no longer say rude things.

Ashley has been given some good examples of parents who really love her and care about her. Too bad they're afraid of her. Consistancy is what they don't give her.
    Make the rules and stick with them. Jaquie and Chris always give in to her, like they're afraid she won't like them. Being a parent isn't a popularity contest. Your job is to raise them to be decent human beings and so far, Ashley's not very good at that.
    JMHO
    Bunny555 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I want to throw in my two cents here also.

I have, and I would, again, kick out my (adult) kid if they were not being productive/contributing to the family and just leeching off the parents.

Yes, 4 yr olds say lots of rude things. Parents of 4 year olds who say rude things should stop it each time, until they no longer say rude things.

Ashley has been given some good examples of parents who really love her and care about her. Too bad they're afraid of her. Consistancy is what they don't give her.
    Make the rules and stick with them. Jaquie and Chris always give in to her, like they're afraid she won't like them. Being a parent isn't a popularity contest. Your job is to raise them to be decent human beings and so far, Ashley's not very good at that.
    JMHO
    What Lynne and Jac have in common is that they are constantly making excuses for their adult children's bad behavior. There is no way they will ever become productive adults when they still have a mom who sweeps up after them. You cannot do the same things over and over and expect different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    ...Yes, 4 yr olds say lots of rude things. Parents of 4 year olds who say rude things should stop it each time, until they no longer say rude things...
    Since you all say they do, I'll take your word for it. But mine never did - in fact, I wondered if perhaps I wasn't remembering correctly (you know how mothers can do that), so I asked my hubby, and he said ours weren't rude or never said such things. Oh well, perhaps it's what they're exposed to and they mimic it. They have to pick it up from somewhere.
    chitex3 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I apologize in advance to the folks who don't like talking negatively about the kids on the reality shows, but it's hard not to comment, when these kids have now become the true 'co-stars' of the episodes. I wanted to add a few comments to my original statement that 4 year old Melania's mean-spirited command to her father, "Get me some pizza, you old troll" WAS the rudest thing I've ever heard a child say on reality tv. But having said that, and still being horrified by it, I completely understand where it was coming from -- #1, a combination of continually hearing similar kinds of negative insulting, rude comments made by the people around her (mainly by Juicy Joe himself, but also by Teresa, and tons of other adults in their group), and #2 -- because Melania does seem to be a very bratty little girl - and that's the kindest thing I can say about her. (Even Ashley, who seems to be completely self-indulgent and lazy, has a sweetness to her nature.) I thought that Gia was pretty bratty and negative, but now that we're seeing a sweeter side to Gia, I think she may have been originally portrayed a little harshly by the editing of RHNJ. But Melania is a different story --- this little girl really needs some good parent modeling and discipline and it doesn't seem like she's getting much of either.

I have a feeling that Teresa and Joe are very likely to have serious problems with ALL of their children. Teresa, as loving and sweet of a mom as she is, is waaaaay too permissive and over-indulgent with her children, and she spoils them beyond belief! And Juicy Joe is the exact opposite. He's a sour, negative, insulting, affection-withholding father. Not a good combination. Even Melissa and Joe's kids seem to be much nicer in nature --- and seem to be treated more normally by their parents.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 08-10-2011 at 08:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast