+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 7/31 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 7/31 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I thought they got along fine, too.

And, thanks to Poppy fields and Bunny for telling us when Dina's show will be on.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    Yes at 10 pm but I believe that's when the full first episode will air.
    Oddly enough, my TIVO lists Dina's Party on Aug 15th, as Episode 104, meaning the 4th episode of the first season. But there haven't been any previous episodes that I'm aware of, and I've had Dina Manzo's name in my "Search For" list on TIVO so that if she did ever appeared on tv, it would have been automatically recorded. So maybe the network just plucked the 4th episode out of the whole series to put on as a trial/test, or something, to see how it would be received.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

The article I read said this airing is a "preview."
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I couldn't agree more! It would take a heck of a lot of something to make me not want to speak to anyone, much less family. Wonder what it was?
    It would seem that Laurita family members being estranged from one another is not exactly unusual for them.

Chris Laurita | STOOPID HOUSEWIVES

Christopher Laurita owns Signature Apparel Group with his brother who has been estranged from Caroline and Dina for a decade. Jacqueline straddles the fence between Caroline and Dina, but Chris must be in the middle between those sisters and his brother.

Chris’s nephew (the son of the brother he is in partnership with) died suddenly last fall, which would have been after the taping of Season Two of RHONJ. Tragically he was only 25 and he also worked for Signature. Read Frankie Laurita’s obit *here. Half the family (including Caroline and Dina and possibly their parents and a few other sibs) were left out of the memorial. Chris and Jacqueline’s newborn son’s middle name is in memory of their nephew.

It’s terrible when a family falls apart like that, and it happens far too often, but Caroline’s bemoaning the fact that Jacqueline would cause their parents’ to suffer because she sided with a “friend” on the first season (Danielle) is pretty incredible, considering just how dysfunctional the Laurita family really is. Chris stood up to side with his wife against his bullying sisters.
    *Note that several members of the Laurita family are conspicuously missing from the named surviviors in Frankie Laurita's (age 25) obituary:

Frankie Laurita Obituary: View Frankie Laurita's Obituary by Connecticut Post

You would think that the death of their nephew would have brought them back together, if only to observe the traditions and comfort his mother. I guess family is really not quite "everything" to them.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    i agree. i find some of the posters quite harsh and wonder what they and their kids do for livings.

i work hard, but my parents still help me out with "extras" like shopping trips and house repair type things. and if you asked them they would call me highly successful and independent. i mean geez.
    This forum is all about commenting and sharing our thoughts about what we see on TV most specifically, reality tv.. hence the name "Fans of Reality TV". It is a board where we can express our thoughts on what we see on our television. It's about people who put their private moments out there for us to scrutinize and whose moments become open for public discussion since they placed themselves in OUR living rooms. They signed their names on the dotted line for cashola and if they don't like what people see, maybe they should think twice about signing on that line next season.
    I don't see how any of us who comment here have to explain what we or what our kid's do for a living. Yes, I agree....many posters (myself included) can be harsh but that comes with the territory.

FORT Fogey

I'm not going to comment on the harshness of some posters, because I know I myself can be harsh at times, but I do think that the sense of entitlement we have about the details of the lives of some of the children is a little ridiculous. We assume, because their parents are letting us into their lives, fully and completely (or so they would have us believe) that their adult offspring are too. That belief is probably backed up by the fact that we do see so much of them. We assume that's all they are doing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456