+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 7/31 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Kiz

Re: 7/31 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    I'm so confused now.... Do they work at the Brownstone or not? And since when are Caroline and Dina not speaking??
    According to Caroline's blog, and from what they've said on the show, the Manzo kids do not currently work for the Brownstone.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    i agree. i find some of the posters quite harsh and wonder what they and their kids do for livings.

i work hard, but my parents still help me out with "extras" like shopping trips and house repair type things. and if you asked them they would call me highly successful and independent. i mean geez.
    I don't think we should be characterizing each other as "harsh." They have made their careers part of the show's Manzo storyline and yet we have no idea what they do for a living, other than appear on Bravo.

Since you are wondering what our kids do, I'll share this. Our oldest is an architect and a woodwright with a practice in preservation history. Our youngest is a funeral director. Our middle son died in Iraq in 2004 while serving in the Army.

My husband and I have separate law practices. We do not help our kids out financially, but only because they do not ask for financial help. They are proud, self-sufficient young men and won't accept money even when it's offered.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-03-2011 at 12:02 PM.
    Bunny555 likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I don't think we should be characterizing each other as "harsh." They have made their careers part of the show's Manzo storyline and yet we have no idea what they do for a living, other than appear on Bravo.

Since you are wondering what our kids do, I'll share this. Our oldest is an architect and a woodwright with a practice in preservation history. Our youngest is a funeral director. Our middle son died in Iraq in 2004 while serving in the Army.

My husband and I have separate law practices. We do not help our kids out financially, but only because they do not ask for financial help. They are proud, self-sufficient young men and won't accept money even when it's offered.
    Congrats to you Poppy for raising successful and independent kids, who even though you and your husband are very successful financially (given your careers) still came out as mature adults who handle their own business without depending on mommy and daddy to carry them through life. Sorry to hear about your son dying in Iraq but if I thank him for giving his life to protect our freedoms here in America. I'm just sorry he paid the ultimate price. My condolences to you and your family.

My oldest (my daughter) is an attorney and my youngest (my son) is finishing up his masters degree in electrical engineering. Both of my kids put themselves through school (through loans and scholarships) and are very independent, both worked (my son is still working) while putting themselves through school and both own a home. Their dad and I are divorced now for 21 yrs, and neither of us has given them much help along they way, they have earned their successes on their own. I am very proud of them and amazed that they turned out as well as they did IN SPITE of the parents they had!

I think the Manzo's have a different idea of what a "successful" child is than most others do. And as was pointed out by Caroline, if the kids are pursuing their dreams and no longer working at the Brownstone, then what exactly are they doing? We really haven't been included in the details even though it was part of the storyline about their success. I am sure that their parents are still helping with many of their expenses.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    I think the Manzo's have a different idea of what a "successful" child is than most others do. And as was pointed out by Caroline, if the kids are pursuing their dreams and no longer working at the Brownstone, then what exactly are they doing? We really haven't been included in the details even though it was part of the storyline about their success. I am sure that their parents are still helping with many of their expenses.
    I agree, Holly! Your kids sound amazing - and you are right about them, too. Our kids succeed despite the things we did wrong raising them. So, there's hope for the Manzo kids yet.
    Holly in SoCal likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Of all the older kids who are shown on these RH shows, I find Caroline's the most down to earth and least "entitled" of any.
    Both boys seemed to work a lot of hours at the Brownstone at one point. While I'm not certain what they're doing for gainful employment right now, I'm not that concerned. Could be they saved up money from all the time they worked at the Brownstone and are living off that now.
    As far as the waterfront apartment, I've known many who've lived in Hoboken when starting out, as it's way cheaper than Manhattan.
    I also know there are 3 guys sharing that apartment which helps quite a bit.
    When I first moved out, I shared with 2 roommates and we actually lived at the beach! So, I certainly can't fault these guys!
    THe beach area I lived in was a far cry from Hoboken. It was a much more expensive area!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Speaking of the Manzo boys and their attitudes, I'm sure Caroline and Albert's training has been great...but also, I think that working in the service industry, especially one as specialized and upscale as the Manzo's seems to be, one is groomed to be attuned to the feelings of others - to some degree at least. Even last season (was it?) when Danielle stormed into the Brownstone party, the Manzos went to great lengths to be hospitable (not Ho-Spit-Able). Being brought up and working under that influence would have to be good training, just my opinion.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Yeah...I also think the Manzo kids are probably the most enjoyable to watch and are pretty down to earth considering all such as coming from a well to do family, being on tv and having to put up with their co-stars and crazy relatives! And I do like how they are protective of each other...it must be a nice feeling to know you are so loved by your family members.

Until we know for sure, I would assume that the Manzo boys have jobs and are earning their own living.....I wouldn't be surprised or dismayed to find out that Caroline and Albert help out occassionally with a few things for the boys.
    There's a BIG difference between how those boys behave and how Ashley does!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    A friend of mine is very close with Dina and has shared that this is indeed true. He didn't tell me the reason and I didn't ask, although I really, really wanted to. My friend and his partner will be featured on the premiere episode of Dina's new show.

On a sweeter note, how cute was Jac and Chris' baby Nicholas on that little train Christmas morning? That baby is seriously cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    A friend of mine is very close with Dina and has shared that this is indeed true. He didn't tell me the reason and I didn't ask, although I really, really wanted to. My friend and his partner will be featured on the premiere episode of Dina's new show.

On a sweeter note, how cute was Jac and Chris' baby Nicholas on that little train Christmas morning? That baby is seriously cute.

He sure is a cutie!

So sad to hear it's true about Dina and Caroline.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast