+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 7/31 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Kiz

Re: 7/31 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    Actually, Albie is the Marketing Director for the Brownstone, puting his degree in Finance to good use. Chris is the director of operations for the Brownstone, working as many hours as his father. Kudos to Caroline for raising children without the sense of entitlement others seem to have.
    According to Caroline, in her most recent Bravo blog, her kids working at the Brownstone wouldn't be something she'd respect.

...She (Alexa Joel) is driven to succeed on her own merit and works hard at it every day. When you consider who her parents are, that's pretty impressive. I respect that in her and I respect that in my own kids. The easy way out for them would be to work at The Brownstone with plenty of job security and a fat paycheck. All three of them chose to carve out a life and career for themselves by working hard and chasing their dreams. The night of Alexa's performance her mom and I were having a conversation about this and counting our blessings. The general perception is that mommy and daddy will open doors and pave the way. Not this group, power on, kids....
    Caroline Manzo - The Real Housewives of New Jersey - Lucky in Love - Blog - Bravo TV Official Site

Let's see, last I heard, the boys were doing the web videos for Bravo as mentioned above and marketing black water with Chris Laurita. I think Lauren has a nook at one of the hair salons where Bravo films the HW's. "Power on, kids." I'm not sure why Caroline would respect the gigs they've "carved out" through the family ties with Bravo rather than working hard at the family business.
    Bunny555 likes this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Albie has been back at the Brownstone since flunking out of Seton Hall after one semester. Chris, though, quit his Brownstonee job on camera when the boys were moving to Hoboken. I wonder when he went back?

They have both indicated that they don't want to make a career at the family owned banquet hall.
    I think the point is, whether they've found their calling or jobs outside the family or been successful in school, no matter what they're working hard. That counts for something in my book.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I guess we'd have to define "working hard."

I have no idea how hard they work. I just don't see them as "on their own." Big difference. Right now, it's hard to find work and make enough to be independent. No criticism of the Manzo boys intended. But I do wish that they would be portrayed realistically. I do suspect that they are still quite dependent on their parents and on Bravo.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-02-2011 at 07:33 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    Out of curiosity, what family issues? And I'm sure the boys are working. They worked when they lived in her house, why would that change now? They worked hard in fact. So did Lauren.
    Well, for starters....the fact that she and Dina do not speak to one another.......like I said for starters...

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    Well, for starters....the fact that she and Dina do not speak to one another.......like I said for starters...
    Oh, that's the first time I heard that Caroline and Dina were not talking.
    How did you find that out?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

How about for "finishers"?

Where did you hear that Caroline and Dina don't speak to each other?

I do think that the Manzo boys and girl work hard. I believe when we are told that Christopher works as many hours as Albert at the Brownstone. I believe that Albe works there as well, and we've seen Lauren work there. I simply don't see them being allowed to not work as an option in their house. When Caroline says that they are not relying on her and Albert, I see it as they are not sitting around, being given things and whining all the time, like Ashley. They are doing something with themselves.

From Caroline's Bravo blog yesterday:

The easy way out for them would be to work at The Brownstone with plenty of job security and a fat paycheck. All three of them chose to carve out a life and career for themselves by working hard and chasing their dreams.
    So, their mom says they are working hard - and not at the Brownstone. Other than their Bravo paychecks, we have very little knowledge about how they make their livings.

The "Boys to Manzo" web video contract was for 7 5-minute shorts. They are done. So, I'm still wondering what the Manzo kids are doing to support themselves. Lauren's still living at home. But the boys have a decent waterfront apartment in Hoboken.

My first apartment was nothing like theirs. I am very curious about how these young adults are supporting themselves.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I'm so confused now.... Do they work at the Brownstone or not? And since when are Caroline and Dina not speaking??

i agree. i find some of the posters quite harsh and wonder what they and their kids do for livings.

i work hard, but my parents still help me out with "extras" like shopping trips and house repair type things. and if you asked them they would call me highly successful and independent. i mean geez.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I think the point is, whether they've found their calling or jobs outside the family or been successful in school, no matter what they're working hard. That counts for something in my book.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast