+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 7/31 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 7/31 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    Yeah...it was especially funny when Caroline pointed out (something to the effect of) how her kids and Billy Joel's daughter were all from priviledge yet they all were making it big on their own. Really Caroline...what exactly IS it that your sons are doing on their own and are they totally supporting themselves or is mommy and daddy still helping? What a joke!
    Sheesh Holly, don't you know that they got their own apartment (probably with Mom and Dad's money), one almost finished law school, one almost opened a car wash, they both appeared on Millionaire Matchmaker, .....all I assume would never have happened if not for Mom and Dad.
    Don't get me wrong, I really like the boys but really Caroline is delusional! I actually like her and don't mind her much but she really needs to get off her high horse and repair some of her own family issues before handing out advice to everyone else.
    Holly in SoCal likes this.

FORT Fogey

Out of curiosity, what family issues? And I'm sure the boys are working. They worked when they lived in her house, why would that change now? They worked hard in fact. So did Lauren.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    Out of curiosity, what family issues? And I'm sure the boys are working. They worked when they lived in her house, why would that change now? They worked hard in fact. So did Lauren.
    They've never really said what the boys do (or don't do!) to earn a living...same for Lauren. They may all still work at the Brownstone.
    I think Caroline sometimes forgets that she's talking about real life and starts in on the fantasy in her head as she embellishes everything.
    I love how adorable she and Al are.
    I loved hearing that unique voice of Alexa Joel....I'd always felt sorry for her looking like her dad instead of her mom. Who want Christie Brinkley for a mom????? but Alexa looks really good in her own way.
    I almost felt sorry for Teresa in this episode. Juicy is no prize....in any way! But she loves (tolerates) him, and tries to keep the "ideal family" dream going without much help from Dumbo.
    I don't like Melissa and Joe G much at all. The more I see, the less I like.
    Kathy and "Jeff Goldblum" could be fine additions but they need to keep their nose out of the other family's business.
    SugarMama likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I'm thinking that Alexa Joel's career must be circling the drain for her to opt to sing on RHoNJ. And that one cheesy shot they kept repeating of Cristie Brinkley crab walking down an aisle? I was wondering if that aisle is even in the same building.
    Holly in SoCal likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Videos - The Real Housewives of New Jersey Season 3 - Bravo TV Official Site

Apparently, the Manzo boys are paid by Bravo for webcasts that chronicle their attempt to find real jobs. I guess that could be considered a job. Sort of.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post

Apparently, the Manzo boys are paid by Bravo for webcasts that chronicle their attempt to find real jobs. I guess that could be considered a job. Sort of.
    Haha, capitalism on parade - find a product to sell and go for it, creative idea actually
    Last edited by SugarMama; 08-02-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I think their "creativity" seems to be limited to Bravo, and I doubt they pitched it. If I recall, Bravo was considering a spinoff for "Boyz to Manzos," but didn't see a large enough audience for it so tested the waters with videos on Bravo's website. Turns out they were right about the audience.

I also suspect that these vids are the reason they banned "Ashlee" from their apartment. She smelled camera time.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post

REALLY???? Man I'm glad I stopped watching this series. Paid to webcast about your job search...SMH...only in Bravoland!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Actually, Albie is the Marketing Director for the Brownstone, puting his degree in Finance to good use. Chris is the director of operations for the Brownstone, working as many hours as his father. Kudos to Caroline for raising children without the sense of entitlement others seem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    Actually, Albie is the Marketing Director for the Brownstone, puting his degree in Finance to good use. Chris is the director of operations for the Brownstone, working as many hours as his father. Kudos to Caroline for raising children without the sense of entitlement others seem to have.
    Albie has been back at the Brownstone since flunking out of Seton Hall after one semester. Chris, though, quit his Brownstonee job on camera when the boys were moving to Hoboken. I wonder when he went back?

They have both indicated that they don't want to make a career at the family owned banquet hall.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast