+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Kiz

Re: 7/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Poppy, I thought Chris looked very dour during Ashley's b/d party. Maybe it's beginning to dawn on him that she's playing him like a fiddle.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Did anyone else think that Chris Laurita seemed to be very quiet and, possibly, in a bad mood at Ashley's birthday dinner?
    I love Chris Laurita. I really do. I think he's a good man, a good husband, a good father, and a good brother.

I think he thought that Ashley's issues with Jacqueline were caused by Ashley's less-than-affluent early years, that don't add up to CJ and Nicholas's. Jacqueline thought the same for a while. But I think it's beginning to dawn on him that she's just a spoiled, whiney, self-centered brat. She's one of those people who is determined to be unhappy, no matter how much love they are shown.

It annoys me that she holds Jacqueline to that guilt, because I do think that underneath her weaknesses (and we all have them) J is a good person. Plenty of women are single parents and their children turn out fine. Jacqueline did what she had to do for her daughter, to keep her fed and clothed and healthy. I think that's admirable.

Yes, Ashley is definitely a spoiled arrogant ungrateful girl, as so many here have observed. She really bothers me. More so than say, Teresa, who's just dumb. There's something malicious in Asley.
    Jacqueline needs to gear up for some solid tough love with Ashley. She is doing her no favors to allow her to treat them so terribly. Why do some parents feel they have to "buy" their kid's love?
    Thank you for mentioning Melissa and her "Liberry." I had forgotten that. Obviously, she needs to spend more time in that room, preferably with one book...a dictionary.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Maybe Jac figures that Ashley is going to be a "slow launch" kind of daughter. Given her immaturity, obvious emotional issues, and the problems she had academically, I sometimes wonder if Ashley wasn't a special needs kid. If that's the case, she may not have been ready for college, and she may never be.

I know she worked as a retail sales clerk and, if her Twitter and Face book accounts are any indication, she spent whole shifts just FB'g and tweeting. She would also tweet that she'd be at such-an-such a place (like Starbucks) at thus-and-such a time, hoping random fans would show up. So... she's stupid and irresponsible in addtion to seeming pretty arrogant and self-entitled. She's not ready to be independent, at all.

She's also delusional if the she thinks that she's the next Kardashian phenom, despite the surgical procedures she's undergone recently. I think she's pinning her hopes on that.

She thinks she needs an agent. Just putting that out there the way she did makes it likely that some agent will respond. God help him/her.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Maybe Jac figures that Ashley is going to be a "slow launch" kind of daughter. Given her immaturity, obvious emotional issues, and the problems she had academically, I sometimes wonder if Ashley wasn't a special needs kid. If that's the case, she may not have been ready for college, and she may never be.

I know she worked as a retail sales clerk and, if her Twitter and Face book accounts are any indication, she spent whole shifts just FB'g and tweeting. She would also tweet that she'd be at such-an-such a place (like Starbucks) at thus-and-such a time, hoping random fans would show up. So... she's stupid and irresponsible in addtion to seeming pretty arrogant and self-entitled. She's not ready to be independent, at all.

She's also delusional if the she thinks that she's the next Kardashian phenom, despite the surgical procedures she's undergone recently. I think she's pinning her hopes on that.

She thinks she needs an agent. Just putting that out there the way she did makes it likely that some agent will respond. God help him/her.
    That sounds like half my co-workers around here...this younger generation thinks that the work-day consists of planning or participating in their social life and that doing their work takes place during their 2 -15 minute breaks each day. Everytime I walk past someone's desk here (and I work in a law firm), half of them are with cell phone in hand, twittering, texting, talking on or on the internet on Facebook or e-mail. I don't know how our generation survived without cell phones and communicating with all our friends/family every second of the day. I get soooo frustrated watching this go on and then having to suffer the consequences of these people NOT doing their work, which affects my work, because when I need to do something that's my responsibility, most times it is contingent upon them having done their part first. So...I have to wait on them to do what they are supposed to be doing and sometimes it holds me up for a good week or so. Yet that doesn't stop them from sitting there, still with cell phone in hand.....doing what they do best, even if they know I am waiting on them.

So...with all that said...I doubt Ashley has any kind of learning problems that interfere with her having a job, other than learning to put down her cell phone and do the job that she is being paid for.
    SugarMama likes this.

That is precisely why I now hire older people. Most of the younger ones have no clue what a work ethic is. Call it discrimination in a good way. The older ones realize they aren't here to enhance thier social lives. I do have a couple of younger ones that think that way as well.
    Holly in SoCal and SugarMama like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234