+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 7/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: 7/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sugarmama
    I'd had NJ on probation as to liking it or not (the first two seasons were spoiled by Danielle). Injecting the hated sister-in-law into the mix started out with a bang (the famous Christening), but now it's become quite boring to me. The sad thing is I want to like this show, but I keep having trouble. It's like a plane that just can't get off the ground. Maybe if Dina returned or someone else I could identify with, I might feel differently.
    I'm finding it completely boring, too. In fact, I usually channel surf at the most boring parts. For instance, since we all know (or strongly suspect) that Rich and Kathy are in no position to open a restaurant, why watch them pretending to be? Time to see what's on the History Channel.

I want to like the show, too, SuarMama. It's the only RH show I watch. But this season's not delivering engaging content for me.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Yeah, the stupefying scenes with the walkie talkie couple blathering about the goll darn (thanks Wretchen) decor for cryin' out loud!! When they should be checking out the kitchen, refrigeration, vent system, parking lot capacity, and a few hundred other details. And there they are carping about the color scheme of the dining room as if it wouldn't always, always be changed when a new restaurant opens. What are they anyway, a couple of dunces?
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    What are they anyway, a couple of dunces?
    Why, yes! I think they are....no, make that the Bravo people who assume we're the dunces!

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Little Joe. I wonder if Teresa didn't dress Little Joe up when he was little, as she now does her daughters - which might explain why he seems to enjoy wearing women's clothes! And why he seems very, very confused (imo).
    Now that makes a lot of sense!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I'm finding it completely boring, too.
    I agree and that's evident by how little commentary there is here about the show this season. But I need to keep working on these
    Christmas gifts (crochet afghans requested by a few family members) so I'll watch just about anything to occupy my mind while my fingers do the work.

Oh, I think these RH shows are grand entertainment! I'm mostly not a tv watcher; people around here are watching "The Closer" "Mentalist" "Damages" that "Throne" thing, whatever... and I think they're soooo boring.

But, when Bravo drags out the RHs I get lots of laughs, no matter the geography, their wealth or lack thereof, celebrity or pseudoceleb-- I'm convinced Bravo does a bang-up job placing these women for the sole purpose of making utter fools of themselves. And most of them do such a nice job of it. I suspect Bravo producers didn't quite realize it during the first year or so, but now they have laser focus when choosing women who can be set up for the biggest fall. The applicants with the most hubris and most inflated egos are chosen. And it's a bonus if they're already hiding money and marriage problems. They're priceless!
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prism
    I'm convinced Bravo does a bang-up job placing these women for the sole purpose of making utter fools of themselves. And most of them do such a nice job of it. I suspect Bravo producers didn't quite realize it during the first year or so, but now they have laser focus when choosing women who can be set up for the biggest fall.
    Yep! I think Bravo really enjoys ridiculing women.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Some women make it easy....but the ones that don't are not the ones that they cast. The RH series makes for mindless entertainment.

Things like Game of Thrones, Rome, etc. make you have to think, which is refreshing and stimulating..... but I guess the RHs can be stimulating for some people. At least they will make you laugh!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh, listen, the last thing I want to do is watch something to make me think!! I've been doing that all day, and my wind down is total mindless brain-dead trashy stuff I don't have to put any thought into at all! Then I get to come here a talk with you guys... lots of times that's more interesting than the RH episodes. And if I made a couple mistakes along the way each day, at least I can look at these, ahem, ladies, and say wow, glad that's not me on the wide screen looking like a fool. Gotta love 'em for that!
    SugarMama likes this.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Oh, listen, the last thing I want to do is watch something to make me think!! I've been doing that all day, and my wind down is total mindless brain-dead trashy stuff I don't have to put any thought into at all! Then I get to come here a talk with you guys... lots of times that's more interesting than the RH episodes. And if I made a couple mistakes along the way each day, at least I can look at these, ahem, ladies, and say wow, glad that's not me on the wide screen looking like a fool. Gotta love 'em for that!

ITA
    Even though I don't work anymore (retired but very busy), I can't claim having used my brain all day and need mindless trash to watch. I can claim that I'm of an advanced age, enough to have dealt w/a lot on my plate during my whole life so I'm ready not "to have to think" and these silly ridiculous women fit the bill. It's really amusing to watch these women fool themselves into thinking they are "all that" when we know that the older you get, you realize how little you know and we're not "all that" because we all have insecurities to hide, roles to play, etc.
    It all comes down to the Golden Rule and finding the positive in your life as much as possible.
    SugarMama likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Interesting. I find it relaxes me and pleases to have entertainment that makes me think (but may not be reality based), and I retired from a field that requires ctitical thinking and decision-making. Personal problems, which can be interesting to a certain extent, can wear.me.out!

I can find "busybodying" annoying....and so many of these women are busybodies.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Interesting. I find it relaxes me and pleases to have entertainment that makes me think (but may not be reality based), and I retired from a field that requires ctitical thinking and decision-making. Personal problems, which can be interesting to a certain extent, can wear.me.out!

I can find "busybodying" annoying....and so many of these women are busybodies.
    I think if I'd been born earlier, maybe my parents' generation, I might have become a busybody!!
    I'm a little ashamed to say it but gossip and making fun of these women tickles me. Being a civil human being today, makes me NOT do it in real life.
    So I think watching these poor pathetic souls satisfies that "sin-ful" side of me and ensures I don't do it in real life.
    Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
    prhoshay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast