+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 12/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Most unsatisfactory end ever.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    God help us - there's going to be a Season 2.

So Mr. Stearns drives off in his new Mustang with a trunk full of cash. And Mindy and Mary-Anne spend the rest of their natural lives on the island.
    So I missed half the show because of TAR. To be honest, I'm happy there's going to be a season 2 (hopefully next time it goes a little better than having one team dominate the whole show.)

I will say I was disappointed that Kate or Chris didn't get "rescued." As if Mr. Stearns needs the money (or the car.) But it was a game, and he seemed to be the only one who realized that. So I'll give him props for that.

Were you in danger of being unemployed?
    No, I wasn't. Actually, I liked this show. I took it at face value which was a show for fun. Maybe they'll bring Rachel back for vengeance on season two? *rubs hands together*
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Actually, I take some consolation in that Gilligan Chris probably got to spend a bit more time with Rachel Hunter. Kate does deserve to be on the beach bemoaning her fate for the rest of her natural born days. In all that time, I've every confidence it will never occur to her that she cooked her own goose.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    To be honest, I'm happy there's going to be a season 2 (hopefully next time it goes a little better than having one team dominate the whole show.)
    Yeah, I was really into this show at the beginning, but it got too one-sided and predictable. Hopefully they'll dig up some better strategists for season 2. (Because I just know I'll be here watching. )
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I wanted Mary Ann Kate to win it, but as long as Chris didn't I'm happy. Gooner should've made it to the final 7. He was so much cooler.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I think it's ok for Glenn to have won. He worked his tail off and won through strategy and brute strength. The fact it all goes to charity is good. They should give Mary Ann the car since it's not exactly his type.

FORT Newbie
    Gilligan Chris thought that he could have it both ways. He backed out on his word on the original alliance, then spent 3 voting sessions telling everyone how important it is to chose your own vote. He ditched the members of his original alliance,which included MA Kate and then wanted MA Kate to stick to the one she had with him. He had already backed out on her once & the Stearns had kept their word to her.

MaryAnn Kate is not all that bright. Or is she? It really came down to a physical challenge, so I think G Chris would have beat the girls had he been there. But, would he have shared with MA Kate? What do you bet Mrs. Stearns slips Kate a few bills & keeps in touch with her after the show?

Mrs. Stearns- smart move telling MA Kate she could vote for her to take the pressure off. I knew there was a reason that I liked her.

Mr. Stearns- probably played the hardest, but I didn't really like him.

I would have loved to see both of the Stearns swim out to the platform and sit down and just watch MA Kate swim out & light the flares. Then they would have "won" the race but MA Kate would have gotten the prize.

FORT Fanatic

I haven't been this disappointed in a finale since...

well, Survivor. Really this was a particularly bad ending, a guy worth half a billion wins $250,000 and a new car! Oh well, this just ain't my year for reality shows.I hate everyone that wins anymore, I just wish someone I like would win once in a while.At this rate Jonathon and Victoria will probably win The Amazing Race (and if that happens it will be worse than this).

And there're already planning GI2? They need to get some original ideas and stop copying off of Survivor. The challenges,Voodoo Village and the fire, everything is straight from Survivor. The only way I'd watch another round of this is ifthey make some changes and they get some likable people. At least half the people on this version really grated on me.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waitforbigbro
    well, Survivor. Really this was a particularly bad ending, a guy worth half a billion wins $250,000 and a new car! Oh well, this just ain't my year for reality shows.I hate everyone that wins anymore, I just wish someone I like would win once in a while.At this rate Jonathon and Victoria will probably win The Amazing Race (and if that happens it will be worse than this).
    Jonathon and Victoria are one of the main reasons to watch AM6, they rule! But that's off topic.

I havent heard anything about the ratings for this show? How were they?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast