+ Reply to Thread

Thread: predictions / speculations

predictions / speculations

I'm gonna take a wild guess, since the original creator of the 60s sit-com Gilligan's Island is one of the co-creators of this incarnation, and say that we might see some of the original cast make cameo appearances in a future challenge, or during the final "rescue from the island". I would totally expect Bob Denver (Gilligan), Russell Johnson (Professor) and Dawn Wells (MaryAnn) to show up.

LG.
    I wouldn't expect to see the original Gilligan as he was quite outspoken in his criticism of this series in an article that we have linked in this forum. Also, a number of the original castmates are no longer alive. I don't want to speak "officially" as I haven't researched this, but I'm pretty sure that the Captain and both the Howells are no longer available for reunion shows.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Newbie
    the professor's website http://www.russell-johnson.com/ doesn't mention the show so I doubt he is on it. The original Ginger, Tina Louise?, didn't even show for a couple of the movies, I seemed to recall that she didn't even like being associated with the show.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    I wouldn't expect to see the original Gilligan as he was quite outspoken in his criticism of this series in an article that we have linked in this forum.
    I've looked, but can't find the link in this forum you referred to. Where is it?
    I would think that MaryAnn (Dawn Wells) should make an appearance. It would be a nice tropical holiday from doing dinner theatre. She still looks great -- considering that the original show aired around 35 - 40 years ago.

LG.
    check here, getreal Gilligan Doesn't Like Reality Show for the link to the article by Bob Denver or whatever old Gilligan's name is.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Drain my brain.
    *shrug* I just find this show so lame.
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

Tina Louise would almost definitely not do it. Bob Denver, as far as you can see from the article, isn't a fan and wouldn't do it. Dawn Wells probably would if asked. I figured Russell Johnson would too, but who knows. Actually, though, I don't know that TPTB would ask them to do it...

+ Reply to Thread