+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sneak Peek At Gilligan Castaways

Sneak Peek At Gilligan Castaways

Looks like those wild and crazy folks at TBS enjoy tormenting us with limited information about the show. All is not lost, however. A little sneak peek is available to keep us on the edge of our couches.

[IMG]images/img/Gilligan.1.jpg[/IMG]
    GILLIGAN
    hometown: Boston, Massachusetts
    occupation: Works at a marina and attends college in Massachusetts
    Gilligan moment: He once crashed a million-dollar boat into another million-dollar boat because he was distracted looking at a pretty girl.
    Gilligan characteristics: His friends have called him Gilligan for years. He is very shy and klutzy but also very charming. He is always in trouble yet still very likeable. He has been preparing for this role his entire life because he is Gilligan.
    what he can make out of coconuts: A cup
    one item he would bring if stranded on an island: Tools

[IMG]images/img/Skipper.1.jpg[/IMG]
    THE SKIPPER
    hometown: Plum Island, Massachusetts
    Skipper moment: He was hanging out at the local boat club during the auditions. He decided to go on stage as a joke, but he was actually selected for the role.
    Skipper characteristics: He is a leader with great moral character. He grew up on an island and isn't too concerned about being rescued. He may like it and want to stay.
    what he can make out of coconuts: A Bachi game. He would make the balls out of coconuts and build a court on the island. Then he would make some cash by betting on the games.
    one item he would bring if stranded on an island: Cold beer

[IMG]images/img/millionairewife.1.jpg[/IMG]
    THE MILLIONAIRE AND HIS WIFE
    ages: He is 40; she is 35
    hometown: Newport Beach, California
    occupations: He owns 26 companies; she is a television personality
    Millionaire moment: He would pay people to build him a raft to get off the island; she can't wait to see the movie star's gown.
    Millionaire characteristics: He is an entrepreneur and can save, use and make money very successfully. She cannot get enough of her 1,200-count sheets, designer clothes, jewelry and skin-care products. They are prisoners of their work and want to get away from their busy lives by being on a deserted island. They are adventurous and look forward to getting "lost."
    what they can make out of coconuts: A mess. They once had a coconut candle that ended up burning down the table.
    one item they would bring if stranded on an island: Mattress pad
    *image not available of millionaire*

[IMG]images/img/Giner.1.jpg[/IMG]
    GINGER
    hometown: Los Angeles, California
    Ginger moment: She expects everything to be top quality at hotels. She will change hotels if there are plastic chairs by the pool. She requires nice baths and soft pillows.
    Ginger characteristics: She shares the flightiness and aloofness of Ginger. She tends to drift and wander without care for what is going on around her. She is innocent of time and always running late. She is in her own world, although she will not be forced into anything she doesn't want to do.
    what she can make out of coconuts: Bikini
    one item she would bring if stranded on an island: Peanut butter

[IMG]images/img/Professor.1.jpg[/IMG]
    THE PROFESSOR
    hometown: Manhattan, NY
    occupation: Professor at a University in New York; author of four books
    Professor moment: To prepare for the show, he tested how much weight average bamboo rods can hold without sinking in his swimming pool. He also learned how to do a graduated taste test to determine which foods are edible.
    Professor characteristics: He likes to read, write and research. He is sought out for his knowledge and as a problem solver; he is a general sage. He thinks logically rather than emotionally and is very good-looking.
    what he can make out of coconuts: A battery, by recharging it through a coconut using pennies and salt water.
    one item he would bring if stranded on an island: Laptop computer

[IMG]images/img/maryann.1.jpg[/IMG]
    MARY ANN
    hometown: Manchester, Missouri
    Mary Ann moment: When she was cast on the show, her mother made her learn how to open a coconut with a rock and bake a coconut cream pie from scratch.
    Mary Ann characteristics: She is a Sunday school teacher and looks and acts like the girl next door. She is a very adventurous person who looks a lot like Mary Ann and loves the original Gilligan's Island. She grew up near a farm and likes to cook, especially pies.
    what she can make out of coconuts: Coconut cream pie
    one item she would bring if stranded on an island: Toothbrush or
    shampoo

[IMG]images/img/castphoto.1.jpg[/IMG]

Initially, Carmen Electra had signed on as Ginger but she backed out leaving a mystery as to whom the new Ginger is. Any guesses?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

If we could actually see their faces...........

It almost looks like Mary Hart...but maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

FORT Fogey
    Heather Locklear maybe? I don't know

I thought Heather Locklear as well. Interestingly, if you look at the cast member picture and compare it to the group picture, it appears to be two different Ginger's. The group pic looks as if it was taken when Carmen Electra was signed on.

ETA: from doing a little snooping on the WWW, there apparently is a Baywatch connection.
    Last edited by speedbump; 11-11-2004 at 01:41 PM.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

- I think that Ginger looks (from what we can see) like Rachel Hunter
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

They DO look like two different Gingers. Based on the group shot from the back, I'd almost guess RuPaul. I mean, that Ginger is super-tall.
    But the other shot looks different.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    - I think that Ginger looks (from what we can see) like Rachel Hunter
    Over on the Gilligan's Island fan forum *yep, there really is one*, Rachel Hunter was one of the main speculations. She is in a few small budget films as well. You might have cracked the mystery.

Thanks for posting this - I wish they would of shown their faces though. But since they didn't, it will be another reason to watch the first episode and get hooked. The cast sounds really good - I can't wait to watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    They DO look like two different Gingers. Based on the group shot from the back, I'd almost guess RuPaul. I mean, that Ginger is super-tall.
    But the other shot looks different.
    I was thinking the EXACT same thing, Lucy. That shot from behind looks just like RuPaul!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast