+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sneak Peek At Gilligan Castaways

**Spoiler**

I'm sure I'm the only one waiting for this show to start but here is an interesting spoiler-ish piece of info I've learned that ties into Survivor. Curious? Check inside the spoiler tags:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Apparently the cast member playing Mary Anne is the daughter of Janet Koth who was in Survivor: Amazon. The scoop also alleges that mommy got her the part and taught her tricks about living in primitive conditions. There are currently two seasons filmed already and it's not sure which season she will be on.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Fan
    I know I can't wait to see this show......
    Yes, I am DKR.

Survivor ALL STARS was like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, at the beginning. IT was an unbeatable idea, had so much potential it was ridiculous.

But bad casting and decisions on both Mark Burnetts and George Lucas's parts have completely ****** Up the entire story.

The "real" Ginger:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...4-ginger_x.htm

Someone guessed correctly in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    - I think that Ginger looks (from what we can see) like Rachel Hunter
    ADK, you were right!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Hunter
    I've always wanted to do a reality show, and this was just the perfect adventure,"
    I guess she wants to forget the whole "Are You Hot?"

Great job ADK! You got it right.

Here's the updated pic on "Ginger's" bio. Her Bio is still the same. None of the other cast members full face pics have been released yet. Perhaps this is TBS's way of getting me to check their website daily?

[IMG]images/img/ginger.1.jpg[/IMG]

And another from the shoot...
    [IMG]images/img/ginger.2.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by speedbump; 11-15-2004 at 04:47 PM.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

New TBS Reality Series Features Hunter

1 hour, 24 minutes ago Television - AP

By The Associated Press

NEW YORK - Just sit right back, and you'll hear a tale ... a tale of a new reality show. On Monday, "The Real Gilligan's Island" a new TBS reality show that drops real people who fit the mold of the original 1960s characters onto an island announced who will play Ginger, the pampered movie star: Rachel Hunter.

AP Photo

Hunter, the swimsuit model turned actress, "shares the flightiness and aloofness of Ginger," according to the TBS Web site. "She tends to drift and wander without care for what is going on around her."

The other contestants of the show are also chosen to reflect the still familiar sitcom characters, including the Professor (here, a New York University prof.) and the Skipper (a Massachusetts small business owner and, well, a skipper).

The "real" Gilligan is a 20-year-old college guy who works at a marina, and, apparently, "has been preparing for this role his entire life because he is Gilligan."

In the show, the castaways will have to work together to get off an island, and in various contests, will relive scenarios from the classic series.

"The Real Gilligan's Island" premieres Nov. 30 on TBS.
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../people_hunter

The cast of The Real Gilligan's Island is scheduled to appear on The Ellen DeGeneres Show tomorrow.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Now, can we assume the the ones we see in these shots (with these bios) are the ones who make the Final 7, and are the ones that beat out their double for the part. These are all from the same team except for the Professor. It's either that or they just chose the person who looked the part the most for the shot. Who knows???

Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    Now, can we assume the the ones we see in these shots (with these bios) are the ones who make the Final 7, and are the ones that beat out their double for the part. These are all from the same team except for the Professor. It's either that or they just chose the person who looked the part the most for the shot. Who knows???

These were the initial bio's on the TBS site. At the time I posted these, TBS hadn't announced the two team concept and had been very elusive to the premise of the show. Hope that makes sense.

Right, I understand that these bios were up long before any of us knew that there were two teams. I saw the bios a while back because I figured I'd want to watch this show, and I only found about the two teams a few nights ago. I was just wondering why TBS selected the person they did to use for the bios originally. Out of the two Gilligans, why is the cute one the one they put up on the site. They may or may not be the Final Choices (probably not, maybe just wishful thinking since all of these are the ones I'm hoping make the "merge" except for Rachel Hunter) but I was just thinking aloud, or on-screen as it were.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12