+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 6/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Voodoo Village again...next challenge up is....Mrs Millionaires

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Prof. Tie-EE or whatever his name is, is talking out his butt. I agree, you dont forget how to swim, unless you never truly ever learned.
    Actually you can forget how to swim because I know I did. I took swimming courses in elementary school and then spent a summer swimming and diving off the board at age 8. Moved to another area with no local swimming pool and I don't go swimming for 20 sum odd years until we purchase a house with a pool. I jump in the deep end thinking that I couldn't have forgotten and lo and behold I was sinking fast. Luckily I calmed down and then flailed my wife to the side of the pool. It didn't take me long to sort of reacquire the skills but I did forget and was scared for a second that I wouldn't make it to the side of the pool. That said, Professor Tiy-E is a little irratating to say the least. And yes I am black.

Still can't figure out though why all these brothers go on tv shows which require swimming and don't go practice at the Y or something a few weeks before. Or perhaps those nefarious casting people go looking for brothers who can't swim

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly
    I think Mrs. Bounce Millionare has had plastic surgery. And I don't mean her face....
    I agree. And I don't believe she's only 41.

Next match-up is the Millionaires wives.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Catch y'all next week to do it over again! Time to go and see how Dancing With the Stars was tonight....

Good night all!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Yup. I'll be here next week.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

It's on like a chikenbone!
    That crazy Skipper Charlie cracks me up.
    I like the Greenies better than the Orange team. The Orange team has a few negative and edgy people. MaryAnn Randi is one bitter girl, and she's a little cuckoo. she was trying to make fire with a hammer.

A big hand for the host, Scott, for jumping in to save Professor Tiy-e. The Prof was cool in the beginning, but towards the end of the show, he was being so obnoxious. I just wanted Skipper Charlie to go all crazy on him.

Kudo's for Scott saving Ty-e as well, you kknow I just can't see Jeffy Probst doing it, he might mess up is hair. Sad to see Angie go, That was a awful lot of blood chances are not only sliced a couple tendons but nicked a artery as well the way blood was spurting

I'll admit, I was entertained, although I can't stand:

The way the blond Gilligan's lip disappears and he bares his top teeth when he talks.

'chicken bone'

That antisocial marianne

I was sad to see Angie hurt, I had her pegged for the long haul.

I LOVED when the host jumped in to help Tiy-e, it was great, and he looked great diong it. on Scott now. It always peeves me on the nature channels when the documentarian says 'and now watch as the mother lion places her cub ontop of a rattlesnakes nest that she doesn't know is there' and they don't do anything, he made my day jumping in there!

I do like that both maryanne's are basically crazy.

I think it will be an interesting dynamic, I just wish they stopped giving away the surprises in the commercials!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade
    Actually you can forget how to swim because I know I did. I took swimming courses in elementary school and then spent a summer swimming and diving off the board at age 8. Moved to another area with no local swimming pool and I don't go swimming for 20 sum odd years until we purchase a house with a pool. I jump in the deep end thinking that I couldn't have forgotten and lo and behold I was sinking fast. Luckily I calmed down and then flailed my wife to the side of the pool. It didn't take me long to sort of reacquire the skills but I did forget and was scared for a second that I wouldn't make it to the side of the pool. That said, Professor Tiy-E is a little irratating to say the least. And yes I am black.

Still can't figure out though why all these brothers go on tv shows which require swimming and don't go practice at the Y or something a few weeks before. Or perhaps those nefarious casting people go looking for brothers who can't swim
    Thanks for the post. I guess it just seems like once you learn it would be instinctive for the rest of your life but looks like it might take a bit to get the hang of it again. Glad you survived!!! I guess we will see if Tie-E remembers now too and can start swimming again.

Oh and as for the highlighted part of your post. I for one, don't think the producers Look for black men that can't swim but even if they did, your comment remains the same and they could take lessons even if they only had one day to do so before they get shipped out for filming.

I mean come on, what if he makes it to the final three and they have the same final challenge as last year where you had to swim out to a platform while holding a torch. This guy will be skeeeeeeerude if that happens and he can kiss the $$ good bye. (again, assuming he isn't like you and re-aquire his swimming skills)

+ Reply to Thread