+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gilligans Island 2

Dont wanna be fatesealed! meeka6's Avatar

Gilligans Island 2

Are they serious? I saw a commerical during SITC for the second season? Looked like Malcom Jamal Warner fromt he Cosby show....couldnt really tell tho.....anybody got any news?

I don't have any news but I can't believe they think that show was good enough to even do a second one! I watched one hour of the first episode and bits and pieces of a couple of other ones. All this is is a VERY POOR Survivor rip off.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

There are a couple sneek peek pictures of a few of the castaway's on the TBS website. One of the movie stars looks like Angie Everhart(not spoiler, just speculation), but no sign of Theo Huxtable. I suppose if he is married, he would be the Millionaire. Going on last season, TBS will leak bits and pieces of pictures and info about 2 weeks prior to the show starting.

Hopefully they learned from last season that: a) don't go up against an established reality show in the same time slot (they went against TAR and Biggest Loser) b) don't have two shows a week and then change it to one a week c)don't have a crappy ending that just suddenly ends

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to a new season of cheesefest.
    Last edited by speedbump; 05-07-2005 at 10:10 AM.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Going on last season, TBS will leak bits and pieces of pictures and info about 2 weeks prior to the show starting.
    Also going from last season they will give away the spoilers and who won from the upcoming weeks previews.
    I hope they do a much better job of editting this time around.

I agree I am looking forward to it as well.

I really enjoyed this show last season, so I am glad to hear that it will be back.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

It was such a horrible show the first season. Very poorly done and the people were so stupid, they didn't know how to play the game with an exception of 1 or 2. I agree with what Speedy said, the sudden ending was horrible. I am not sure if I will watch round 2 or not yet, most likely not, but since I am an addict I will catch a few.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I really enjoyed this show last season, so I am glad to hear that it will be back.
    Me too, JLuvs! I Love the ! I do hope they end the show differently this year - a little more fanfare, please.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

The TBS website says that this will start airing June 8. I enjoyed the first season, and will definitely watch the 2nd.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

'Gilligan's Island' Gets Some Diversity

"Gilligan's Island" is getting a little diversity. Tiy-E Muhammad, 35, a psychology and human sexuality professor from Atlanta, donned a dress shirt and some slacks as one of the Professors in the upcoming second installment of TBS' "The Real Gilligan's Island," which premieres June 8.

"A black person on `Gilligan's Island'? I think the only other time they had a black person on there was the Globetrotters," Muhammad told The Associated Press Wednesday. (The Harlem Globetrotters visited the island in a 1981 TV movie.)

In the reality-show take on the '60s stranded-on-an-uncha rted-island sitcom, two real-life versions of the "Gilligan's Island" crew live together in a village reminiscent of the CBS show and battle each other in "Survivor"-style challenges. The other Professor is Andrew J. Schuler, an assistant environmental engineering professor at Duke University.

"I was a big fan of `Gilligan's Island' growing up," said Muhammad. "I was actually a big fan of the Professor and Mary Ann. Growing up, it was `Happy Days,' `Gilligan's Island' and `The Jeffersons.' The Professor was sexy. He's not the Fonz, but he's a cool cat."

The other cast members are actress Erika Eleniak and model Angie Everhart as the Gingers, retired U.S. Navy officer Ken Callen and Louisiana harbormaster "Crazy" Charlie Albert as the Skippers, waitress Randi Silvers and interior designer Mandy Weaver as the Mary Anns, Boston bouncer Shawn Manning and cabana towel boy Zac Turney as the Gilligans, Millionaire and Billionaire magazine publisher Jim Bounce and New York banker Howard Schur as the millionaires, and Donna Bounce and Melissa Jones, respectively, as the millionaires' wives.

The winner will receive $250,000

http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/arti...px?news=191011
    Chittlins forever y'all!

Dont wanna be fatesealed! meeka6's Avatar
    I guess all in all I just dont want to see millionaires winning MORE money...that just kinda ruins it for me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast