+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gilligans Island 2

Quote Originally Posted by TnCountryChick
    Tiy-E Muhammad, 35, a psychology and human sexuality professor from Atlanta, donned a dress shirt and some slacks...
    http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/arti...px?news=191011
    Shouldn't the professor be a PhD and shouldn't he be in the science/physics/engineering field??? How is this guy going to be the inventor in the island? And why wont they name the university he teaches at... the other professor teaches at Duke, but what about this guy?

Does it matter?
    Was the original guy who played the professor actually a professor?
    I have no idea, I've never seen the original show.
    It's about entertainment.
    They'll cast whoever they think will be good on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Does it matter?
    Was the original guy who played the professor actually a professor?
    I have no idea, I've never seen the original show.
    It's about entertainment.
    They'll cast whoever they think will be good on the show.
    Yes it matters. They try to get actual millionaires to play the millionaires. They get actresses to play the movie star. They get actual boat captains to play the skipper. So when casting a professor/inventor, why not get contestants that are actually qualified.

I googled this guy and apparently he teaches human sexuality at Atlanta University Center (Is that even a real university??). He also works as a part time hair model. The show seems to be really secretive about this guys qualifications. Questions that are un-answered... Where did he go to school? What degrees does he have? Did he go to graduate school?

On the other hand, Andy Shuler, the other professor, his qualifications are clearly listed. He teaches engineering at Duke, and he received his PhD from Berkeley.

IMO, TBS knows this guy (Tiy-E Muhammad) doesn't have the qualifications, but they casted him anyways because he has a strong personality, he's militant, he's argumentative and opinionated.

Well then he should be good tv shouldn't he?
    That's all they care about.

This is Gilligan's Island, hardly that important in the scheme of things.

Atlanta University Centre.

Atlanta University Center, at Atlanta, Ga.; coeducational. The largest consortium of historically African-American educational institutions in the country, it was organized in 1929 when three schools—Atlanta Univ. (chartered 1867), Morehouse College (1867), and Spelman College (1881)—became affiliated in a university plan. Atlanta Univ. was to be devoted exclusively to graduate education, with the other two colleges providing undergraduate programs. Later Clark College (chartered 1877), Interdenominational Theological Center (1958), Morehouse School of Medicine (1982), and Morris Brown College (1885) also joined the university center's affiliation agreement. In 1988 Clark College and Atlanta Univ. merged to form Clark Atlanta Univ., which is still part of the university center.
    link

ETA.
    According to his website he resigned from his position as a professor of psychology at Clark Atlanta to pursue a career in acting and modeling.
    Unless anyone wants to put forth evidence that his website is incorrect then I guess he is qualified to play the role of professor on the show.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-01-2005 at 08:07 AM.

I just popped in here to say that the ad for this show that's running on the home page is mighty.... naughty. Mary Ann and Ginger doing some little sudsy wrestling???

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I just popped in here to say that the ad for this show that's running on the home page is mighty.... naughty. Mary Ann and Ginger doing some little sudsy wrestling???
    Funny thing is, it is an ad on the FORT.

Does anybopdy here know if they will repeat the series opener? I missed it on Wednesday, and don't want to read the spoilers of ep. 1 until I've seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    Does anybopdy here know if they will repeat the series opener? I missed it on Wednesday, and don't want to read the spoilers of ep. 1 until I've seen it.
    Try Saturday morning at 8 am, or next Tuesday at 10 pm.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Try Saturday morning at 8 am, or next Tuesday at 10 pm.
    Thanks, Qboots.
    You da man ... or .. lady ... or ...

After all, you may not realize that I'm a guy. My avatar was inspired by a former forum member's photo/avatar. She was also a Joe Schmo fan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast