+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gilligans Island 2

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I wasn't happy to see a millionaire walk away with more money, but at least he played the game (something I can't say for many of the other castaways). I'm with those that are happy it's back and looking forward to the second season. They said at the end of last season it'd be back, and it's giving me something else to watch besides Big Brother this summer. TV Guide did comment it's ratings were respectable (after giving it a Jeer in it's Cheers & Jeers section for renewing the show for a second season) so I was surprised to hear that. I'll admit the show was corny but it was corny enough to be good. Way too much like Survivor, though, I'll agree, so hopefully they change that up. I also hope that one team doesn't dominate like last season's (even though that team was my favorite ) But the teams look pretty even as far as being physical goes so maybe that'll help. I'm not really digging this year's cast yet, but they look interesting enough. And I'm with speedbump- don't just end it and be done with it. And same goes with the previews; it was pretty obvious what was going to happen before it happened.

I enjoyed most of last season's Real Gilligan's Island.

But the editing was terrible. And what really irked me was the previews prior to commercials, then the recaps following each commercial ... in a 60 minute show, there were probably 20 minutes of legitimate commercials, and probably 15 to 20 minutes of previews and recaps --- leaving about 20 minutes of new content in each episode!!

The last two or three episodes were the worst, with the finale being abrupt and dissatisfying in the extreme.

That said, I'd still tune in again. But this time I'll only watch taped episodes so I can FFWD through the crap.

Still love the theme song. You can't help but to tap your foot and sing along.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Aside from that, I'm looking forward to a new season of cheesefest.

Uhmmmmm did someone say Cheese???? Thought I better step in! j/k

I look forward to another "season"!
    I liked to occasionally watch and was impressed more with the people they cast than the actual show. None the less looking forward!

Any chance that they will get Rob and Amber to play the Millionaires?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    Me too, JLuvs! I Love the ! I do hope they end the show differently this year - a little more fanfare, please.
    You totally nailed it - I loved how cheesy it was, the editing, the half-assed challenges and the bickering. Great, great, great. I can hardly wait to torture my husband with another season of Gilligan's Island!

This is my punk face ;) NiteElfGen's Avatar
    Another big Yawn. Who watches this?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I'll be watching. Bring on the cheese...
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I will be watching too although I hope the Millionaires don't win this season and that the ending doesn't end so quick. Would be nice to hear what the millionaires did with their winnings last year.

I will watch

I watched a few times last season I will watch if it is not on the same nite as Big Brother 6!!!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    me too, on the watch list

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast