+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Pictures

  1. #1
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5

    Pictures

    I thought some of you might be interesting in seeing the pictures I took at the wedding. There aren't many of the other contestents or even the bride and groom as they were hardly ever free to stand still for a shot. But there are some family shots, and shot of Barbara's place, etc.. (I'm Coyt's aunt,,, Randy's sister) The pictures are large, they will take a while to load.

    Go to http://www.devonjohnston.com and scroll down to click on their wedding link.

    Dj

  2. #2
    The race is back! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    On the mat
    Age
    43
    Posts
    40,432
    Good pics! Thanks for sharing.

    Looks like the wedding was a great event.

  3. #3
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Good pics! Thanks for sharing.

    Looks like the wedding was a great event.

    It was pure Hollywood.

    NBC didn't hold back on making it an awesome experience for Coyt and Susan.

    The weather cooperated beautifully. The day was exquisite. In fact, it was perfect. Made me wonder why in the world I live in "hotter than hell", Austin, Texas.

    Barbara's place (well, ex-place) was a great location for it, The actual exchanging of the vows was so touching,,, much more so in person than on TV. Again, I have to give credit to NBC for the editing, they showed it as wonderful as it was,,,except you had to be there to smell the ocean air and feel that great breeze. (What the heck AM I doing in Texas? )

    My personal complaint was that we were required to use porta-potties. Surely one of the three structures on the property had bathrooms. I presume they didn't trust all us strangers enough to let us in the houses. But it was hard not to find it insulting.... Made me feel less like a guest and more like an extra.

    Glad you enjoyed the pics.

    Dj

  4. #4
    FORT Fogey sugarlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    869
    Thanks for sharing the beautiful photographs.

    Is the site of the wedding currently for sale since it was only referred to as Barbra's Streisand's former home? Is this the same home that Barbra wed James Brolin at several years ago? That also was a beautiful ceremony.

  5. #5
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    Thanks for sharing the beautiful photographs.

    Is the site of the wedding currently for sale since it was only referred to as Barbra's Streisand's former home? Is this the same home that Barbra wed James Brolin at several years ago? That also was a beautiful ceremony.

    (Found this description of the property,,, apparently it wasn't 140 acres after all. Interesting story about the property, you can read more if you are interested at: http://ceres.ca.gov/smmc/ramirez.html . It is truly a beautiful place.)
    "In December 1993, Barbara Streisand donated her 22. 5 acre estate to the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy, a state agency mandated to acquire land and provide educational programs. The property, located in a canyon off the Malibu coastline and bordered by National Park Service land has many sycamore, oak, walnut and pine trees which create a cool canopy of shade over the walking paths. Accented by the sounds of the year-round stream flowing through the property, small sitting areas, picturesque bridges and gardens create a variety of stopping points for contemplation and quiet conversation. Extensive stone and brick work unifies the diverse architectural and landscape features."

    Kinda sad they kept us so corralled, we didn't get to see much of the property.

    Barbara's new property is on a bluff on the Malibu coast,, I found it hard to believe someone would leave such a beautiful place, until I saw her new one. It is incredible, but I have to wonder if it has the magic of the other place. Interestingly, Barbara is suing someone for taking ariel pics of her new home... The pictures were taken for some kind of conversation effort, she sure is getting a lot of bad press over her decision.. She is suing for $10Mill.

    you have probably figured it out by now, but her marriage to James Brolin was at the bluff-top estate.

    Glad you enjoyed the photos.

    DJ

  6. #6
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5
    Oh, one other interesting note; the house was located at the end of "Wingbat" road and at least six houses along the way were for sale. One right after another,,, had to wonder what was going on..

    Dj

  7. #7
    FORT Fogey sugarlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    869
    Maybe Barbra Streisand purchased the new home because she thought she would have more privacy living on the bluffs.

    I'm not surprised by all the for sale signs. Celebrities living in California
    sell quite often at a nice profit.

    Barbra sounds that a very generous woman. She also donated a house in Palm Springs to a non-profit group. The organization was having a hard time paying the utilities bills and maintenance for the property.



    Quote Originally Posted by johnstde
    Oh, one other interesting note; the house was located at the end of "Wingbat" road and at least six houses along the way were for sale. One right after another,,, had to wonder what was going on..

    Dj

  8. #8
    Kip
    Kip is offline
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by johnstde
    My personal complaint was that we were required to use porta-potties. Surely one of the three structures on the property had bathrooms. I presume they didn't trust all us strangers enough to let us in the houses. But it was hard not to find it insulting.... Made me feel less like a guest and more like an extra.
    Dj
    DJ, Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. Susan's gown looks even more beautiful in that closeup than it did on tv-and Susan looks so demure with her head turned to the side like that.

    Portapotties!!! Yuck. I hope they weren't those ugly green ones and were the fancy kind with real toilets and running water.

  9. #9
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    DJ, Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. Susan's gown looks even more beautiful in that closeup than it did on tv-and Susan looks so demure with her head turned to the side like that.

    Portapotties!!! Yuck. I hope they weren't those ugly green ones and were the fancy kind with real toilets and running water.

    Susan's gown was absolutely gorgeous. There was one shot I wanted so bad, I had to sit on my hands. (They wouldn't let us shoot anything while they were filiming) When she walked down the steps, the way the sun hit the gown, it looked luminous. So much better than the shots I got later. But it is good to know it still looked closer to reality in my shots than TV. It was simple sensational. But the light had to hit it a certain way to get that special effect. The house was beautiful when the sun was in a certain light also,,, I really wanted to get a shot of her and Coyt standing in the arches above the stairs, but they were so busy, I was lucky to get the shots you saw.

    The portapotties, were better than the green ones,, but they were still portapotties.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.