+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RttA Ep. 6 Recap: The Amazing Race to the Altar

Another great recap!

FORT Regular
    wow, how great! thanks girl. i do think that the rice was a 50 lb bag though, but i may be wrong. I LOVE ETHAN! that cover the nipples was too funny. plus, he really seems to react appropriately to Carolyn when she is losing it. i almost cried laughing when she was screaming for ethan and coyt ran in!

FORT Newbie
    I don't know where most of y'all are from, but you have to realize/understand East Coast humor. Rich with sarcasm. And lots and lots of cursing.

Some think Carolyn is whining, but believe me, if she's like the rest of my friends, she's venting. (I mean c'mon, Soyt & Cusan are unbelievably lucky, or somehow they have supernatural powers - and yes, they are wayyyyyy too young to get married)

I was hysterical. I was cryin' Carolyn was so funny. Ethan too. The nipple thing is a riot. I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get a good look at his nipples....

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Wonderful recap SnowflakeGirl!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Tonya & Andree are pulling into the Bonanza Gift Shop, just about to get their 2nd task out of the way. While she runs in to ask Clay where she can get her “something new”, Tonya tells Andree to find out where the “LA-BRIS” museum is. So Andree runs around asking person after person after person (5 or 6 according to Andree) where the “LI-BUR-ACE” museum is…to no avail. He’s stunned at the ignorance of the locals until, back in the car, a laughing taxi driver corrects their pronunciation of “Liberace” (LI-BER-ACHI, just in case you didn’t know). “In high school we talked about Liberace and how he was a musician, I think he was a composer or something,” Andree says later, as if Liberace were someone on the level of Mozart (though to be honest he is more along the level of a Richard Simmons who dresses like Liz Taylor and can play the piano). The directions mishap unfortunately eats up some of their lead-time.
    This whole segment had me cracking up. I couldn't believe she didn't know how to pronounce his name.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    And now that you’re dying to know who wins this thing…

As we wait breathlessly to see who makes it across the finish line first, three cruel words emblazon themselves on the screen: “To Be Continued”. As the credits run, I’m cursing the producers, and everyone involved in the making of the show for such inhuman treatment of audiences.
    You so feel my pain. I couldn't believe how abruptly the show ended. Talk about a nail biter.

Thanks again for the laughs.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Hey everybody! Glad you're enjoying the recaps.

Okay, two things I have to respond to...
    1) First, I have a correction to make about the rice bags: they were 50 lbs. Fastcar, you totally called it. Well, we can verify that they were 50 lbs because none other than Coyt himself contacted me with the information. Thanks for the info, Coyt, and sorry for not acknowledging that you guys were lugging around TWICE what I gave you credit for! Hey, blame it on my husband...I asked him, "How many pounds does that look like to you?" and he gave me the ol' eyeball estimation.
    2) Yeah, you can count me in as one of the people who are befuddled by the whole "Something Old" business in the Viva Las Vegas hotel. I also didn't understand why they were so specific at the other places, but not there. They did prove, however, that everyone steals towels at hotels. Well, except for Ethan, but I assume it's because he's so enamored of his "Roberto Venetian" robe that he's not interested in any other terry cloth products.

That's it for now. Oh, except for this...Whoever's as traumatized as I am about the "To Be Continued" thing as I am, please gather round for a comforting group hug.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie

seating arrangements

What struck me as bizarre about this show was, believe it or not, the seating arrangements in the hummers. The guys were driving and the cameraman was in the front seat with the women in back--really unnatural.

I think if they had the women in the front seat, there wouldn't have been the Liber-ace issue (which I found hilarious!) I don't know about you, but when my boyfriend and I are driving around looking for something, I always show him the map or directions or whatever. If the women had been up front, I'm sure they would have shown the clue cards to their fiances and I'm 99% sure Andree would have figured out what Liberace was!

I don't think it was intentional by the producers, but it was weird!

Yeah, I thought having the women in the back was weird too, but then it would have been difficult to tape the couples together in the car. If the camera-man was in the back, you would only get the backs of their heads, and I don't think this show has the budget to get camera rigs on their vehicles.

Plus, I'm not so sure Andree would have figured out Liberace either. From the way he was speaking in the interviews later on, he was trying to play it off but probably still had no clue.
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Regular
    by the way, did anyone else notice that in the store, all the women wanted to SHOP! the men just grabbed, but the women all were shopping!

Oh, well that's just the irresistable lure of shopping to a woman for ya, Fastcar. If I had been there, I'd have told my husband, "Hey can I try on that t-shirt first before you buy it?"

FORT Newbie
    this week is going so slow I can't wait until Sat for the 2 hour show

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast