+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Race to the Altar 8/6/03 Recap: Balls, Chains, and Commitment Pains

Quote Originally Posted by stevek
    Andy and Becca had been a power couple and it did show Andy saying Cindy and Chris are a threat. What I found interesting was that he then proceeded to say to Coyt, You need to get close to them. Did anybody else find this interesting?
    You know what, I did find this interesting, Steve. I think it shows that Andy might have been a little more cunning a strategist than he might have let on in his interviews, where he basically played the part of "Mr. Nice Alliance Guy".
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerinejoy
    Great recap sfg!!! much better than the show!

Sadly there was no caption and it didnt seem as eerie like a funeral like it did last time
    I know Tangerine, I was actually looking for it this time, after your observation form last week, and I was totally disappointed not to see it!

What's up? Did Andy & Becca not set a date? Or did someone tip off to NBC that it seemed more like "Race to the Mausoleum" than "Race to the Altar"?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fogey
    Finally, Coyt says “There are a couple of people that flat-out heard someone in our commitment talking about us. We heard that Andree said some stuff that he was going to eliminate us.” What? Did I fall asleep and miss a big chunk of the episode (not unlikely) or is Coyt lying again?
    Very astute observations, SFG. Really enjoyed your recap.

I just got to see the show this morning since I had a lot of catching up to do, and I am really beginning to form some strong dislikes for some of the couples, particularly Susan and Coyt. They are straight out of "Macbeth" or as it is known to the literati, "that Scottish play." Their paranoia coupled with scheming is going to cost them in the end. They have only served to make themselves unpopular to the others by going around and telling each couple a different story.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    You know what, I did find this interesting, Steve. I think it shows that Andy might have been a little more cunning a strategist than he might have let on in his interviews, where he basically played the part of "Mr. Nice Alliance Guy".
    I could not agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spankvb
    I could not agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep...he totally struck me as the type of guy that, if he was a power couple and S & C weren't, he would have booted them off and said 'hey, that's the game, sorry!'

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by tmbg99
    Yep...he totally struck me as the type of guy that, if he was a power couple and S & C weren't, he would have booted them off and said 'hey, that's the game, sorry!'

I am just glad that someone else thought that. I am still trying to tell my husband. If anyone wants to help me talk him into let me know.J/K

FORT Newbie
    Great recap!!

Hey, I was thinking about the last show, and did anybody notice how, through the magic of editing, the show made Coyt look like the villain?? Remember at the altar...some of the girls were wearing sun dresses, but they were all very low-key, and all of the guys were wearing some combination of blacks/whites/grays and browns, while Coyt was wearing a BRIGHT red shirt under his blazer? Very reminiscent of old-time cowboy movies when color first became available... the good guys were always in soft colors (whites/grays) while the bad guy always wore black and red.
    And never mind that little "freeze the frame on coyt's headshot and zoom in a little", kind'a like what they do on Real TV or Scariest Police Videos when they zoom in on the perp.
    Gotta love the way editing helps shape our opinions.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ummm... for the sake of debating..... "What the heck was that all jargon about? Your telling me you feel the producers have used psychology purposely and put Coyt in a red sweater with a blazer over it to make him stand out? In addition your saying that they zoomed in on his head ummm because ........ .........because why??? You maybe right, but for the sake of debating..... and only that.......I would like to play devils advocate here and say Coyt got to pick his own shirt out! He has a bold and demanding personality as we have seen thus far, similar to the characterstics of his red sweater.... ya, I am willing to bet either he or susan picked out his sweater. Think we will ever know?? hehehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by HIDFILA
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ummm... for the sake of debating..... "What the heck was that all jargon about? Your telling me you feel the producers have used psychology purposely and put Coyt in a red sweater with a blazer over it to make him stand out? In addition your saying that they zoomed in on his head ummm because ........ .........because why??? You maybe right, but for the sake of debating..... and only that.......I would like to play devils advocate here and say Coyt got to pick his own shirt out! He has a bold and demanding personality as we have seen thus far, similar to the characterstics of his red sweater.... ya, I am willing to bet either he or susan picked out his sweater. Think we will ever know?? hehehehe.

Oh, I'm not saying that for sure, I'm just assuming it. FOr instance, the red shirt... sure, Coyt has "bold and demanding personality", but by saying that this is the reson he is wearing a red shirt, you have to then also say that all of the other guys have dull and boring personalities because they picked out dull colors. Also, if you look closely (thanks tivo), Andy is wearing the same style shirt, but in gray or black (I forget). Would you think it's a coincidence that they are both wearing the same shirt, save for the color, or that the producers had something to do with it?
    And the "freezing on the face and zooming in" thing, that's just something funny I noticed.
    We'll see if they do the same thing tonight, that'll probably clear everything up, right?

FORT Newbie
    excuse the question but what does the clothing have to do with anything?

Oh, I'm not saying that for sure, I'm just assuming it. FOr instance, the red shirt... sure, Coyt has "bold and demanding personality", but by saying that this is the reson he is wearing a red shirt, you have to then also say that all of the other guys have dull and boring personalities because they picked out dull colors. Also, if you look closely (thanks tivo), Andy is wearing the same style shirt, but in gray or black (I forget). Would you think it's a coincidence that they are both wearing the same shirt, save for the color, or that the producers had something to do with it?
    And the "freezing on the face and zooming in" thing, that's just something funny I noticed.
    We'll see if they do the same thing tonight, that'll probably clear everything up, right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12