+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedroom Antics

FORT Newbie

Bedroom Antics

wasn't Cindy/Chris the couple who fought about sleeping in the same bed? i totally respected the way he handled it.

if she's so concerned with appearances--she can sleep on the couch! and by the way-has anyone ever told her or her parents that it IS possible to just sleep in a bed???

this was a frustrating scene...but i respected that he stuck to his guns.

I thought that conversation was pretty strange.

Exactly ihopej, you can simply sleep in the bed.
    "That's Numberwang!"

ihopej, it's funny because I feel pretty much the opposite about this situation. I thought Chris was being a jerk to insist that he get the bed, and leave Cindy to the couch. My husband, for example, would have been a gentleman, and no matter what the reason, he would never, ever let me sleep on the couch.

I respect the way Cindy handled the situation. To her credit, she had tried to secure separate sleeping arrangements before the show (though I suspect the producers kept it that way for the drama potential).

As I wrote in the recap, I found it refreshing to see a person on a Reality TV show actually refuse to hop into bed for once, and I can respect that she doesn't want her family to see her and her fiance like that.

I'm not a prude who thinks people shouldn't sleep together before marriage, but I like that Cindy was being thoughtful and considerate of her family's sense of values and morals. I mean, I respect that much more than Susan and Coyt, for example, who are lying to their conservative Southern Baptist parents about living together.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    ihopej, it's funny because I feel pretty much the opposite about this situation. I thought Chris was being a jerk to insist that he get the bed, and leave Cindy to the couch. My husband, for example, would have been a gentleman, and no matter what the reason, he would never, ever let me sleep on the couch.

I respect the way Cindy handled the situation. To her credit, she had tried to secure separate sleeping arrangements before the show (though I suspect the producers kept it that way for the drama potential).

As I wrote in the recap, I found it refreshing to see a person on a Reality TV show actually refuse to hop into bed for once, and I can respect that she doesn't want her family to see her and her fiance like that.

I'm not a prude who thinks people shouldn't sleep together before marriage, but I like that Cindy was being thoughtful and considerate of her family's sense of values and morals. I mean, I respect that much more than Susan and Coyt, for example, who are lying to their conservative Southern Baptist parents about living together.
    my husband would never make me sleep on the couch--but i would never assume automatically that he has to just because I (or my family) have issues about it. i think pretenses are silly. pretending to be something they are not for the show is pretty lame in my book. coyt and susan arenm't pretending for the sake of appearasnce. they told the truth on the show and it's out there...unlike cindy.

How is it that she's pretending, and Susan/Coyt are not? Coyt and Susan have been lying all this time about living together solely for the sake of appearance to their conservative families. It didn't sound to me like Susan was disclosing this fact in order to come clean with her family, it looked to me like they just got busted on national T.V.

I don't think Cindy was pretending to be something she was not, at all. In fact, I think she is the one who has chosen to respect her family's values, and is sticking to her principles. She said explicitly that she chose to live separately from him before the wedding, and she also tried to make separate sleeping arrangements. I admire that she remained true to her principles and moved outside, and refused to back down to Chris. I think Chris was selfish not to respect her wishes and not let her have the bed. Just seemed very selfish and inconsiderate to me.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Apple obsessed goddess Tangerinejoy's Avatar
    I agree with you sfg. It was refreshing to see someone with morals, like you pointed out, as apose to someone on Paradise hotel.

FORT Newbie
    I think everyone is under the impression that Coyts family is very conservative. I must say that someone that knows someone that knows them, they are far from it. yes it was neat to see some not just hop into bed. but I must say that you can sleep in the bed with someone without ANYTHING happening.

Any time I've stayed in a hotel that had a sofa in the room, the sofa could be made into a bed. I think there's a little drama added here by the producers.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    How is it that she's pretending, and Susan/Coyt are not? Coyt and Susan have been lying all this time about living together solely for the sake of appearance to their conservative families. It didn't sound to me like Susan was disclosing this fact in order to come clean with her family, it looked to me like they just got busted on national T.V.

I don't think Cindy was pretending to be something she was not, at all. In fact, I think she is the one who has chosen to respect her family's values, and is sticking to her principles. She said explicitly that she chose to live separately from him before the wedding, and she also tried to make separate sleeping arrangements. I admire that she remained true to her principles and moved outside, and refused to back down to Chris. I think Chris was selfish not to respect her wishes and not let her have the bed. Just seemed very selfish and inconsiderate to me.
    i just didn't view it as her getting busted...since she offered that info pretty matter-of-factly. but, since we are mere viewers, a lot of assumptions go into our perception of events and "honesty." I could play a lot of different scearios that change each situation, but my impression of it was differen than yours--that's all.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ihopej
    i just didn't view it as her getting busted...since she offered that info pretty matter-of-factly. but, since we are mere viewers, a lot of assumptions go into our perception of events and "honesty." I could play a lot of different scearios that change each situation, but my impression of it was differen than yours--that's all.
    I'm sure Susan & Coyt were well aware that that would come out and the fact that she put it out there so bluntly shows that they were ready to clear the air and that it was something she didn't feel comfortable discussing with her parents. It is a little harsh to do that on National TV but I bet they feel better now that it is out there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast