+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Yeah but...that's a good "bad" show
    You called it. PH is genius in its crapitude. This show seemed like it COULD fill that niche (the cheesy credits/intro gave me hope), but ultimately it lost me because being boring is a much great sin than simply being silly.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by rod
    surprising to me that a 21 yr old had the wherewithall and motivational ability to keep them up there the longest

surprising...but impressive. everyone was really getting freaked out and she was totally solid...calm...supportive...i' m surprised...and impressed.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    You called it. PH is genius in its crapitude. This show seemed like it COULD fill that niche (the cheesy credits/intro gave me hope), but ultimately it lost me because being boring is a much great sin than simply being silly.
    gotta disagree...far more interesting to have real couples challenged than to have strangers compete for the opportunity to pretend to be engaged and then breakup after the show ends...no loss there...nothing REAL at stake then. This seems for real...which has me more invested.

Quote Originally Posted by ihopej
    gotta disagree...far more interesting to have real couples challenged than to have strangers compete for the opportunity to pretend to be engaged and then breakup after the show ends...no loss there...nothing REAL at stake then. This seems for real...which has me more invested.
    No, that's "Married By America" or "The Bachelor" you are comparing it to. "Paradise Hotel" has no such pretense. Its about shallow people, winning, horrible behavior, backstabbing and unapologetic fame whores. Total trash and proud of it.

Apple obsessed goddess Tangerinejoy's Avatar
    I kinda like the show. I think I'll stay tuned for at least one more episode.

FORT Regular

What Race?

Why is this show called "Race" to the Altar? Where's the racing? Judging from the title I expected more of a "last one to get there loses-type" format (kind of like Amazing Race but different). There's no "racing" involved in this show at all. All it is a half hour of Fear Factor followed by a half hour of the Newlywed Game and some scheming people in between. BORING! I'm so sick of shows where the strongest people get "voted" off. Enough already! Let the people on reality TV shows compete and lets really see who the best couple is. The way this show is set up, the worst, most incompatable couple could win if they make the right alliance.........oops...I'm sorry "commitment" (lame).

I had no intention of watching this show, I usually don't watch shows about relationships, sex, etc. But when I saw Grace I just knew I had to keep watching. Since they have a physical challenge (ala Fear Factor), it just might make it interesting.

But the minute Grace is gone, I just may be gone, too!

Chris

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    No, that's "Married By America" or "The Bachelor" you are comparing it to. "Paradise Hotel" has no such pretense. Its about shallow people, winning, horrible behavior, backstabbing and unapologetic fame whores. Total trash and proud of it.
    i must confess my PH ignorance. I was onyl comparing it to most...i like it better than most. not doggin PH.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by coythater21
    Why is this show called "Race" to the Altar? Where's the racing? Judging from the title I expected more of a "last one to get there loses-type" format (kind of like Amazing Race but different). There's no "racing" involved in this show at all. All it is a half hour of Fear Factor followed by a half hour of the Newlywed Game and some scheming people in between. BORING! I'm so sick of shows where the strongest people get "voted" off. Enough already! Let the people on reality TV shows compete and lets really see who the best couple is. The way this show is set up, the worst, most incompatable couple could win if they make the right alliance.........oops...I'm sorry "commitment" (lame).
    you are really choosing to take this personally (strange...). A part of a strategy in any game is eliminating competition. if you choose a team then you choose the strongest on your side...same concept...not sure why it is baffling to you (and so very very upsetting).

Quote Originally Posted by ihopej
    i must confess my PH ignorance. I was onyl comparing it to most...i like it better than most. not doggin PH.
    No, actually the point is that you SHOULD dog PH. Its total and complete crap. But its FUN crap.

I may give "Race" one more episode before I really pass judgement, but its going to be an uphill climb. There were just a ton of things which bugged me, and it wasn't fun enough to overcome those.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast