+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Susan and Coyt

FORT Newbie
    blondie - i actually started to like andy and becca during this show. andy showed his dedication to the "integrity" of the game. its funny b/c coyt said that the reason that the couple they chose got voted off was to protect the "integrity" of the game. when susan and coyt went into andy and becca's room and told them what they heard about andree, andy said he was sticking too the committment...that is what he started and he wanted to finish it that way. i just thought it was really cool that, even with the speculation regarding andree, that he would not have swayed from the committment. susan and coyt just give me the creeps. they are not good people (well, what we see of them). i just hope they get what they deserve. THE BOOT.

FORT Newbie
    Dchic - you are partially correct, but if you go back to the first episode the original 3 said they planned on including C&S, but they (primarily andy) said that he felt like it would be inappropriate for him to do it right after C&S won power couple. i could see where he was coming from, but one of the andy interviews stated that they had full intentions of including him. so, i guess i do not feel that C&S were getting the shaft in the committment. i hope they do now.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by tvking
    Dchic - you are partially correct, but if you go back to the first episode the original 3 said they planned on including C&S, but they (primarily andy) said that he felt like it would be inappropriate for him to do it right after C&S won power couple. i could see where he was coming from, but one of the andy interviews stated that they had full intentions of including him. so, i guess i do not feel that C&S were getting the shaft in the committment. i hope they do now.
    Damn that is easy to say after the fact..."Man I really intended to bask you to join" WEAK. Hind sight is 20/20. Andy sure had time to get the others in his commitment. He did not have time is just an excuse! and a weak one at that.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by spankvb
    Damn that is easy to say after the fact..."Man I really intended to bask you to join" WEAK. Hind sight is 20/20. Andy sure had time to get the others in his commitment. He did not have time is just an excuse! and a weak one at that.
    even if that is the case, they agreed to be in a committment during the first deliberation. they (the 4 teams) were in the room together talking strategy and making sure things were cool. thats a load of crap. C&S broke the committment on speculation. they went around telling each couple different things. if you recall, they said "multiple" people told them A&B wanted them off. it was only ONE couple and both the other 2 couples in the committment (A&T and E&C) said that they NEVER heard anything like that and A&B wouldnt do it. its just a little fishy.

FORT Newbie
    The biggest mistake I see Coyt & Susan making.... was the mistake of making "a committment" with other couples. Otherwise they have been playing fair and strong. As a viewer it frustrates me that couples chose to play the game with these "committement" rules. If you don't know the couple you are committing to... then why chose to make that decision? My guess is that couples (Susan and Coyt specifically) made/are making committments as a backup tatic incase the were unable to win competitions and be a "power-couple". Ethically-thats not the people who you would trust to do business with or be in a friendship with. However the couples are allowed to play this game in whatever manner they find works.

Unfortunately, I feel S & C have now made themselves vunerable to other couples voting for them to leave, if they are not one of the power couples.

Fortunately, S & C have been the strongest couple to engage in 2 out of the 3 competitions. They are dedicated to eachother more so than they are dedicated to the committment of other couples.

We are beginning to see the internal arguements and spats of other couples in heated moments when one feels they are giving more than the other. Rather then coming together as a couple forming a team to strategize against other couples. We see couples fueding eachother. How will there engagements outlast the show?

FORT Newbie
    HIDFILA said -

"We are beginning to see the internal arguements and spats of other couples in heated moments when one feels they are giving more than the other. Rather then coming together as a couple forming a team to strategize against other couples. We see couples fueding eachother. How will there engagements outlast the show?"

people argue. that is what the concept of the show is about - putting engaged couples through physical and mental challenges to TEST the relationship. testing likely means that the competitions will put a strain on relationships which may cause bickering. its a little unfair of you to say that enagements may not last. i know my wife and i bicker off-and-on, but that doesnt mean we should not have gotten married, does it?

ONe thing we all have to remember... we get to see what's going on from a third-person point of view, whereas the couples see it from a first-person point of view. All the heresay going on after the fact is easy to do...just look at any sport. Watching football from a camera stationed above the players makes it easy for us to see the open receiver, etc., but the quaterback probably doesn't have the view like we do. S & C's decision was based on what THEY gathered, not from the other couples' conversations that we get to see. Make sure we all keep that in mind.

With that said, I don't think S & C should have picked who left based solely on what another couple said, they should have gone on gut instinct. I would have gone around to every couple and told EACH of them what they told Vinnie and (I forget her name), and that was "hey, just wanted to let you know, who we choose to vote off is purely for competition purposes, and isn't based on personality or who we like or dislike". That would have been the classiest way to do it. But again, hindsight is right 100% of the time.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by tvking
    HIDFILA said -

"We are beginning to see the internal arguements and spats of other couples in heated moments when one feels they are giving more than the other. Rather then coming together as a couple forming a team to strategize against other couples. We see couples fueding eachother. How will there engagements outlast the show?"

people argue. that is what the concept of the show is about - putting engaged couples through physical and mental challenges to TEST the relationship. testing likely means that the competitions will put a strain on relationships which may cause bickering. its a little unfair of you to say that enagements may not last. i know my wife and i bicker off-and-on, but that doesnt mean we should not have gotten married, does it?

No it does not mean that you shouldn't have gotten married. It appears that couples turn against eachother rather than towards eachother when confronted with stress. They bicker and argue over anything and everything for the sake of winning their own arguement against their partner. From where the guy sleeps to him going out with the guys drinking to he said/she said, etc. I assume this happens in their daily routinues off the show as well. Rather than stressing eachother out more by turning against eachother in a heated moment.... I suggest biting your tongue and be there for your soon-to-be-spouse. Even more so when you are on national tv trying to win a competition where it takes both of you to win the challenge.

I hope this helps to clarify!

I doubt Susan and Coyt's parents will be surprised to discover the two of them are living together.

Susan is a real steel magnolia. I like that about her.

I have mixed emotions when it comes to this couple. I don't understand why a couple who works so well together feels the need to blatantly lie to get ahead. Coyt has told several lies, and Susan went along with it. It will be nobody's fault of their own if they get the boot.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by genericwife
    I doubt Susan and Coyt's parents will be surprised to discover the two of them are living together.

Susan is a real steel magnolia. I like that about her.

I have mixed emotions when it comes to this couple. I don't understand why a couple who works so well together feels the need to blatantly lie to get ahead. Coyt has told several lies, and Susan went along with it. It will be nobody's fault of their own if they get the boot.

Simply Said. I agree with you 100%. She is a real "steel magnolia". A tough cookie under pressure. I too do not understand why they (Coyt) chose to lie or make committments to other couples. They would still be ahead regardless because they have beat the competitors and won the title of powercouple three times out of four games!

+ Reply to Thread