+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Susan and Coyt

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by coythater21
    In response to Coyt,........oops, I mean "everyman":
    It is true that i know scott from high school. however, these postings were not sanctioned by him; these were my own feelings after watching the first episode; and if you have noticed i have not posted since.

hopefully, this will respond to your posting. first, if you WATCH and actually LISTEN to the episode, coyt himself said prior to putting scott and jessica's name into the uninvited envelope that "both of them are strong." additionally, they showed coyt stating that scott was a trial lawyer and could manipulate people...that to me shows that coyt felt scott and jessica were a threat both physically and mentally. second, responding to your contention that they should have voted for andree and tonya; a possible reason they did not vote off andree and tonya was because they were in a committment with them.

lastly, for you to say that scott and jessica were not the strongest couple may imply that you are friends of someone on the show and know something i dont know. nobody truly knows who the "strongest" couples are, we only know what nbc wants to show us and if they felt that it was necessary to show coyt stating what i already said above, it must have meant that scott and jessica were a stronger couple and that the power couples felt threatened.

for everyone else who responded to my postings these were my feelings and that was the way i would have played the game. when i play games, i play to win, but i also play to beat the best. nobody wants to watch a superbowl between the st. louis rams and the cincinnati bengals, do they? added to this is the fact that he lied to their face. when you sign up for something like this everyone knows what they are getting involved in and if the couples wanted scott and jessica off because of their strength or occupation then just tell them. you did not see susan or the other power couple tell them it was random. If you couldn't get from my posting that my biggest problem with the way Coyt played the game was the fact that he didn't have the spine to just come out and be honest with scott and jess, hopefully I've spelled it out in enough detail for you now.
    first off, everyman is not coyt...good guess, but sorry, you don't win the free toaster oven in this round of the game.

nope, i'm just your average viewer w/ my own opinions just like the rest of you average viewers out there.

since posting your response, it seems that things have boiled over & much of the "Hatred" has since subsided...that's a good thing. so, i'll refrain from beleagering the conversation any further. just let it be known that my views about coyt & susan's performance on TV and jessica & scott's performance on TV are simply that....my views. i'm not making any character judgments or assasinations. i said jessica and scott could be very nice people in my previous response...that may indeed be true. however, in my judgment, they didn't seem to be a very dynamic "tv star"-type couple. that was my issue.

this is just a forum for people to talk about reality tv shows...sure, they're real people in the real world, but we are not talking about who they are like in their homes or what sort of detergent they use...we are talking about the persona they displayed on episode 1 of a reality tv show. anything that is said, is about the show and their involvement in it. that is the only basis for our discussion. signing on as someone who "Hates" an individual and proclaiming that their marriage won't last a year inevitably makes it impossible to have fun discussing the little that we actually DO know about these people in this sort of forum.

i'm sure it's hard for you, being scott's friend, to see him being discussed by people who don't know him...sorry, but he's now a "tv star"...that's part and parcel with signing up for one of these gigs.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HeidiHo
    DUDE--

LET IT GO!!

John--

Isn't there any way that the friends/family members can be removed?
    This is getting really hateful.
    We probably won't post anymore...just too much ugliness!!

Heidi and Jane signing out and disagreeing with the above venom.
    Dude -- I tried letting it go by offering an explanation of the posting which drew criticism from some. I'd venture to say that my most recent responses have been quite a bit toned down from my first post.

Secondly, there are more friends and family members on this forum than will admit it. Take them all off and I'd be willing to bet you'd be down to less than 5-6 people. It's not that hard to tell.........anyone who created a username since around July 20 and posts messages only on "Race to the Altar" is clealy a friend or family. Fact is, its unhealthy to care as much as most of these people do unless you know the people on this show.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by coythater21
    Dude -- I tried letting it go by offering an explanation of the posting which drew criticism from some. I'd venture to say that my most recent responses have been quite a bit toned down from my first post.

Secondly, there are more friends and family members on this forum than will admit it. Take them all off and I'd be willing to bet you'd be down to less than 5-6 people. It's not that hard to tell.........anyone who created a username since around July 20 and posts messages only on "Race to the Altar" is clealy a friend or family. Fact is, its unhealthy to care as much as most of these people do unless you know the people on this show.
    i absolutely agree that you tried to "let it go," as your last email was certainly less passionate. it just still seems much more like a personal vendetta than anything.
    i regret that, in my more recent postings, i responded more to your "handle" and your previous passionate hatred than to your calmer (though still pretty dogmatic) posting.
    i think it's just hard to understand b/c...while there were people i liked on the first show...and there were people i didn't care for in my first impression (andy, mostly), i can't say that i "hate" any of them, and i'm not making critical statements about their potential union.
    i didn't mean for this to become such an argument...and i've tried to understand how your raging anger became directed at one person so quickly.

i mean, no anger at andy, becca, or susan...who also voted jessica and scott off? just seems strange. some people rub you the wrong way-no doubt. just seems a little too angry and passionate to justify.

again, i apologize that i responded more in keeping with your previous postings than your latest, calmer notes.

and i do suck at typing.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by everyman
    first off, everyman is not coyt...good guess, but sorry, you don't win the free toaster oven in this round of the game.

nope, i'm just your average viewer w/ my own opinions just like the rest of you average viewers out there.

since posting your response, it seems that things have boiled over & much of the "Hatred" has since subsided...that's a good thing. so, i'll refrain from beleagering the conversation any further. just let it be known that my views about coyt & susan's performance on TV and jessica & scott's performance on TV are simply that....my views. i'm not making any character judgments or assasinations. i said jessica and scott could be very nice people in my previous response...that may indeed be true. however, in my judgment, they didn't seem to be a very dynamic "tv star"-type couple. that was my issue.

this is just a forum for people to talk about reality tv shows...sure, they're real people in the real world, but we are not talking about who they are like in their homes or what sort of detergent they use...we are talking about the persona they displayed on episode 1 of a reality tv show. anything that is said, is about the show and their involvement in it. that is the only basis for our discussion. signing on as someone who "Hates" an individual and proclaiming that their marriage won't last a year inevitably makes it impossible to have fun discussing the little that we actually DO know about these people in this sort of forum.

i'm sure it's hard for you, being scott's friend, to see him being discussed by people who don't know him...sorry, but he's now a "tv star"...that's part and parcel with signing up for one of these gigs.
    Ok, some points well taken, but then this begs the question: why do you take such offense to what I have to say about Coyt? Before I said that I knew Scott, you knew nothing about me. So why then did you and your wife ("Ihopej", yah, she didn't edit that before I saw it) have such a problem with my comments about Coyt? If you really don't know him, is it worth getting into an argument with someone? You can post all the praise you want, and you don't see me sending off messages about how wrong you are. If we are both watchers of the show, then we are both entitled to our own opinions. You can disagree with mine, but you don't actually expect anyone to believe that you don't know Coyt when you and your wife get as defensive as you did.

Honestly, do you really expect me to believe that you don't know Coyt? Because if you don't, you really shouldn't care so much about someone you've never met. Yah, I'm ripping him and I don't know him, but you're defending someone who, for all you know, could spit in your face on the street. I'm not saying he is a bad person, and I'm not saying he is a good person, I'm just attacking the way he played the game. I think it was spineless. Nevertheless, as a simple "viewer", how can you and your wife be so sure I'm wrong and he's worthy of your praise? Sorry, I just don't buy it.

One last thing, I've noticed that you and "ihopej" have posted about 45 messages all in the "Race to the Altar" forum and haven't posted any messages anywhere else. You also both joined this forum, like me, just before the show aired. All I'm looking for is some honesty here. If we were all being honest you would see probably 80-90% of the people in this forum are not mere "reality tv fans", they are friends and family of these couples. I'm just the only one honest enough to admit it. Let's all stop the charade that we're all neutral, unbiased viewers here.
    Last edited by coythater21; 08-04-2003 at 08:21 PM.

FORT Regular

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ihopej
    i absolutely agree that you tried to "let it go," as your last email was certainly less passionate. it just still seems much more like a personal vendetta than anything.
    i regret that, in my more recent postings, i responded more to your "handle" and your previous passionate hatred than to your calmer (though still pretty dogmatic) posting.
    i think it's just hard to understand b/c...while there were people i liked on the first show...and there were people i didn't care for in my first impression (andy, mostly), i can't say that i "hate" any of them, and i'm not making critical statements about their potential union.
    i didn't mean for this to become such an argument...and i've tried to understand how your raging anger became directed at one person so quickly.

i mean, no anger at andy, becca, or susan...who also voted jessica and scott off? just seems strange. some people rub you the wrong way-no doubt. just seems a little too angry and passionate to justify.

again, i apologize that i responded more in keeping with your previous postings than your latest, calmer notes.

and i do suck at typing.
    I thank you for this posting and I will do better in containing my criticisms to the way people play the game.

This is my last warning. If you have a personal disagreement, and can't let it go and get back to an insult-free method of discussing this show, I will begin removing accounts. And if anyone uses the phrase "for the record" in response to this post, I'll remove your account just for fun. No response is necessary - just be nice, or go away. I'm done playing around, and the show's only a week old. Much more of this, and the whole forum's going bye-bye.

C'mon guys, if you want to keep this forum on the FoRT, let's keep things civil around here.

There's nothing wrong with having differing opinions, of course, but let's remember that there's a way to discuss them that doesn't insult others.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie
    I don't think people have listened to your warnings. At first I thought some of the responses back and forth between people were funny but this forum is completely out of hand. Is this going to continue? The show has only had one episode for crying out loud how can people have so much to say over one episode?

Quote Originally Posted by John
    This is my last warning. If you have a personal disagreement, and can't let it go and get back to an insult-free method of discussing this show, I will begin removing accounts. And if anyone uses the phrase "for the record" in response to this post, I'll remove your account just for fun. No response is necessary - just be nice, or go away. I'm done playing around, and the show's only a week old. Much more of this, and the whole forum's going bye-bye.

FORT Newbie

Right On!

Quote Originally Posted by stevek
    I don't think people have listened to your warnings. At first I thought some of the responses back and forth between people were funny but this forum is completely out of hand. Is this going to continue? The show has only had one episode for crying out loud how can people have so much to say over one episode?

OMG I know! I was almost afraid to post anything for a while there!

How can people know how anyone "played the game" after ONE EPISODE!! Did I miss something?

This thread has been like a car accident. Can't quite look away...but feel kinda gross for having looked.

I feel kinda like 'Is it safe to come back?'

Hope So!!

Quote Originally Posted by blondie
    It's so interesting to me that Coyt and Susan elicit such passionate responses. I recognize that it may be, in part, to the contributions by a friend of scott's...but it seems like it was pretty passionate even before that!

it's hard to get thru some of the emotions and arguments to determine what it really is about this couple that so strongly appeals to some and repels others. Any one interested in a nonpassionate dialogue about the reasons for this?

i will be happy to start...

they seemed more ...invested? not sure if that word will communicate what i want, but it's what comes to mind.

for better or worse, they are fully in the game. the way they handled the first and second challenge both showed their passion for the game--but showed it in a positive outlet and a negative outlet. so, they keep me guessing and keep me interested.
    Blondie -

Couldn't have said it better myself... thanks! I totally agree. Tonight will be interesting

+ Reply to Thread