+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Susan and Coyt

Apple obsessed goddess Tangerinejoy's Avatar
    Coythater, I thought your first post was alittle harsh but Im starting to "get" what your saying and I agree. Well put.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by coythater21
    In response to Coyt,........oops, I mean "everyman":
    It is true that i know scott from high school. however, these postings were not sanctioned by him; these were my own feelings after watching the first episode; and if you have noticed i have not posted since.

hopefully, this will respond to your posting. first, if you WATCH and actually LISTEN to the episode, coyt himself said prior to putting scott and jessica's name into the uninvited envelope that "both of them are strong." additionally, they showed coyt stating that scott was a trial lawyer and could manipulate people...that to me shows that coyt felt scott and jessica were a threat both physically and mentally. second, responding to your contention that they should have voted for andree and tonya; a possible reason they did not vote off andree and tonya was because they were in a committment with them.

lastly, for you to say that scott and jessica were not the strongest couple may imply that you are friends of someone on the show and know something i dont know. nobody truly knows who the "strongest" couples are, we only know what nbc wants to show us and if they felt that it was necessary to show coyt stating what i already said above, it must have meant that scott and jessica were a stronger couple and that the power couples felt threatened.

for everyone else who responded to my postings these were my feelings and that was the way i would have played the game. when i play games, i play to win, but i also play to beat the best. nobody wants to watch a superbowl between the st. louis rams and the cincinnati bengals, do they? added to this is the fact that he lied to their face. when you sign up for something like this everyone knows what they are getting involved in and if the couples wanted scott and jessica off because of their strength or occupation then just tell them. you did not see susan or the other power couple tell them it was random. If you couldn't get from my posting that my biggest problem with the way Coyt played the game was the fact that he didn't have the spine to just come out and be honest with scott and jess, hopefully I've spelled it out in enough detail for you now.

To Mr Obsessed with Coyt's balls:
    you said, "In response to Coyt,........oops, I mean "everyman":

i think everyman beat to you that joke, sir. nice try though.

and if you're not scott...you're not winning him any friends by responding so dogmatically and so personally. how on earth do you have enough info to judge the stability of his future marriage?
    Last edited by ihopej; 08-04-2003 at 11:04 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ihopej
    i think everyman beat to you that joke mister. nice try though.
    you seem to be so intent on defending your friend and imagining some strangers balls that you aren't making sense...much less a strong case.
    Last edited by ihopej; 08-04-2003 at 11:02 AM.

Everyone take a step back and think about whether you want to continue this conversation...I'm a little sick of hearing about Coyt's balls, and the nasty tone of this thread is making my banning finger itch.

FORT Newbie
    It is true that i know scott from high school. however, these postings were not sanctioned by him; these were my own feelings after watching the first episode; and if you have noticed i have not posted since.

hopefully, this will respond to your posting. first, if you WATCH and actually LISTEN to the episode, coyt himself said prior to putting scott and jessica's name into the uninvited envelope that "both of them are strong." additionally, they showed coyt stating that scott was a trial lawyer and could manipulate people...that to me shows that coyt felt scott and jessica were a threat both physically and mentally. second, responding to your contention that they should have voted for andree and tonya; a possible reason they did not vote off andree and tonya was because they were in a committment with them.

lastly, for you to say that scott and jessica were not the strongest couple may imply that you are friends of someone on the show and know something i dont know. nobody truly knows who the "strongest" couples are, we only know what nbc wants to show us and if they felt that it was necessary to show coyt stating what i already said above, it must have meant that scott and jessica were a stronger couple and that the power couples felt threatened.

for everyone else who responded to my postings these were my feelings and that was the way i would have played the game. when i play games, i play to win, but i also play to beat the best. nobody wants to watch a superbowl between the st. louis rams and the cincinnati bengals, do they? added to this is the fact that he lied to their face. when you sign up for something like this everyone knows what they are getting involved in and if the couples wanted scott and jessica off because of their strength or occupation then just tell them. you did not see susan or the other power couple tell them it was random. If you couldn't get from my posting that my biggest problem with the way Coyt played the game was the fact that he didn't have the spine to just come out and be honest with scott and jess, hopefully I've spelled it out in enough detail for you now.
    In response to Coythater21, I do agree with everyone plays to win and you play to beat the best, you should read my post about goals, you may agree with me. All couples are doing this and thats what makes a great game. However in reply to, "if the couples wanted scott and jessica off because of their strength or occupation then just tell them", it's called being courteous and having empathy for the other couples feelings. Just because you win doesn't mean you have to throw it in someone elses face. Does it really matter that he didn't tell them he wanted them off because he was a trial lawyer and could be a threat the game? Do you think they felt any hardship because of it? It seems to be bothering you more than it did other couples! Did that make coyt a liar? I don't feel it did, you however may have your own thoughts. None of the couples are wrong for the way they have handled the pressures.... It's a game, anything goes! I think its interesting to hear the strategies we have in mind for them verse what they are actually doing. I know if I were put on the spot on NBC to make a decision that would affect my teammates I would try to soften the outcome as well. It makes you look better to everyone. Hopefully the teams can stay friends after the show. Lets hope for the best and stop all the bickering about who did/does/will do what. I support Susan and Coyt because I feel in the first show they seemed to be the main couple, we haven't really had a chance to get to know any other couples yet.... lets watch and see what happens next! Deal?

FORT Newbie
    It's so interesting to me that Coyt and Susan elicit such passionate responses. I recognize that it may be, in part, to the contributions by a friend of scott's...but it seems like it was pretty passionate even before that!

it's hard to get thru some of the emotions and arguments to determine what it really is about this couple that so strongly appeals to some and repels others. Any one interested in a nonpassionate dialogue about the reasons for this?

i will be happy to start...

they seemed more ...invested? not sure if that word will communicate what i want, but it's what comes to mind.

for better or worse, they are fully in the game. the way they handled the first and second challenge both showed their passion for the game--but showed it in a positive outlet and a negative outlet. so, they keep me guessing and keep me interested.

FORT Newbie
    I dont understand why this is such a big deal. I think people need to understand that this is a TV show. Coythater if you didnt feel so strongly about the show then why in the world would you put you screen name as coythater. the fact that this is a reality tv show someone is going to be voted off. of course they would seen the person was the biggest threat home. I hope that we all remember that it is a SHOW.

FORT Newbie
    Found this interesting little article and thought I would share!

Solo Takes Shot
    At Reality TV Stardom

New York Lawyer
    June 4, 2003

Reported by the staff of Texas Lawyer

Tune into reality TV this summer, and Texas lawyers might see some familiar faces staring back.

First, there's Dallas criminal law solo, Rob Campos, who will become NBC's newest reality TV star in "For Love or Money," which started on Monday.

Now, there's Coyt Randall Johnston Jr., son of Randy Johnston of Dallas' Johnston & Tobey, who will appear on another NBC reality show, "Race to the Altar," scheduled to run sometime this summer, says Laura Chambers, director of casting for LMNO Productions. Coyt Johnston, 28, says he and his bride-to-be, Susan Byrom, will compete against seven other couples in the reality show for a chance at an extravagant wedding on live television.

Coyt Johnston and Byrom heard about auditions for the program a month ago while listening to the radio in San Antonio, where they both recently graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio. The casting agents interviewed the couple and liked them. In May, Coyt Johnston and Byrom flew to Los Angeles for a month of filming. Coyt Johnston says he and his fiancée had to sign a 28-page contract that ensures they won't reveal the ending of the show. If they don't keep the secret, they're liable for $10 million, Coyt Johnston says.

It's a contract his dad would have liked to review, if he would have had the chance, Coyt Johnston says. "My dad's big worry was that the contract limited future stuff," such as the rights to his son's potential celebrity, Coyt Johnston says. "It wasn't that. That's not their purpose." Randy Johnston, a legal malpractice lawyer, says, "I don't think they gave him a contract to have it read.

As Coyt says, 'They are not used to having people say no to them.' " Randy Johnston says he still has one request of the network if his son wins: He wants NBC to hire his band "Blue Collar Crime" -- a rock group made up of four Dallas lawyers including Randy Johnston -- to play at the wedding.

FORT Newbie

DUDE--

LET IT GO!!

John--

Isn't there any way that the friends/family members can be removed?
    This is getting really hateful.
    We probably won't post anymore...just too much ugliness!!

Heidi and Jane signing out and disagreeing with the above venom.

FORT Newbie
    Hidfila- were did you find that article?

+ Reply to Thread