+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 281

Thread: Susan and Coyt

  1. #31
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    dallas, texas
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by HIDFILA
    Power Couple #1...... <- Baahhhh

    "To have and to hold"... I thought Susan was not only beautiful but she also held up in strength, physically and emotionally, which helped both herself and coyt hold on to eachother the longest, as they dangled above in mid-air. She said to him, "Talk to me baby, just talk to me"..... Not about the game and being suspended and how hard it was to hang on... by many other couples were complaining about (it seemed as if many couples felt let down by the other when they could no longer hold on), but to susan it was about communicating effectively-how would she get coyt to respond to her in a positive way to help him hold on to her since he was the stronger of the two? The game is a test of their relationship, although competition is a part of the game, wouldn't you agree that to be part of a successful team you need to coach eachother? -Susan was the first in the game to make it beknown that she and coyt were going to succeed, not only in the competition, but in communicating with eachother to get through the tough/scarey times. -Ask yourself..... what would your response be when you felt your partner slipping away? Would your inital reaction feel as if your partner let you down? Would it be to get caught up in the in the excitement? Would it be to talk through it calmy or say a simple "I love you or Talk to me baby" to help your partner who will in turn help you? - Many couples seem to have the me me me mentality which can/will fail a relationship. Susan and Coyt are in the competition to win a wedding of their dreams... a wedding every little girl dreams of and most women can not obtain. My mother has always said, "A wedding lasts a day, A marriage lasts a lifetime"....It's the beginning and ending that people remember.... not what happens in the middle. Ask yourself: How does your relationship compare?
    i like this a lot...not to brush over the outburst...but i also think it warrants mentioning (which someone we have all failed to do) that coyt held susan to task about her outburst and she fully admitted that she was wrong. she confessed that she was feeling vulnerable b/c she felt someone was being deceptive...she was feeling insecure b/c the reality of "don't trust anyone" hit home. i thought there was some redemption in that...and hopefully...some lessons learned.
    but regardless, i thought it was another demonstration of how well they communicate and trust eachother.

  2. #32
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    dallas, texas
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by HIDFILA
    It seemed like common sense to me! -plus...... drama is what makes viewers tune in to a reality tv show. Thanks for your comment! I apperciate it.
    i'll add my thanks. who doesn't understand wanting to win? you could say people are "scheming and stragizing" ...or you could just say they compete well and play smart!!! it's such a no-brainer!!

  3. #33
    FORT Newbie tmbg99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    22
    There's only one issue with this couple... because of her outburst, and because of the fact that they're obviously the most well-prepared couple out there, it'll be difficult to win. I'm thinking that the first time they're not one of the power couples, they'll be voted off (going back to what Hidfila said about eliminating the strongest couples first to reduce competitiveness). I think all of the other couples see them as the real 'power couple' there, and will try to eliminate them the first chance they get. Does anyone else see a couple there that is both physically and mentally as prepared as them? I mean come on, one girl almost poked her eye out putting on mascara! Could you imagine Susan doing this!?!

  4. #34
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by coythater21
    Here's some controversy for you: What dork couldn't handle the fact that another couple was far superior in intellect and athletic ability and, therefore, voted them off, and then (since he's got gonads the size of peas) tells that couple to their face that it was "random"? Any guesses?..........Answer:..... that's right.......Coyt.
    I am so sick of "reality" tv shows where the strongest people get voted off first. What a loser. Dude, if you're going to take out your top competition then at least have the nuts.......oops typo......I meant guts........to admit that to their face.
    Coyt is the epitome of the sleazy reality tv nerd who starts scheming before he even steps off the plane, lies on tv, and somehow thinks that America won't notice.
    Dude, if you win: I say "so what!" That just means you're the type of person who would sell out and risk looking like a jacka$$ in front of millions of people to have someone pay for your wedding (for a marriage that won't last a year anyway).
    I'm out.
    boy, coythater, you're pretty passionate about this.
    tell me, when you meet someone new do you say, "hi, i'm scott" or "hi, i'm jessica"...or do you just say i'm a friend/family member of scott & jessica's"???

    scott & jessica were not the strongest couple--sorry. so much so, that they seemed the type you might want to save until later in the game & use an early vote for a stronger couple like andre & tanya. then again, andre & tanya seem a very cool couple, so (as a viewer--i'm glad they were spared). the point of the show is dramatic interaction, scott & jessica (good people, though they may be) just aren't the sort that make for interesting TV.
    as for coyt's "nuts"--personally, if i was in the 1st few seconds of just finding out i am the very 1st couple voted off a show i had invested as much as these contestants surely did....i'd appreciate a little compassion rather than someone rubbing salt in my wounds.
    as viewers, we may know the decision was more than "random", but scott & jessica had just been dealt some really bad news...i don't blame coyt for giving them an easier out than, "sorry, you just couldn't cut it."

  5. #35
    Picture Perfect SnowflakeGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the Limelight
    Posts
    7,348
    I see a lot of new posters here in the RttA thread, so I just wanted to greet all of you that I haven't had the chance to welcome yet.

    I want you all feel comfortable to express your views, and differing opinions are the source of great discussions.

    No matter how you feel about them, Susan and Coyt certainly elicit a response from people. I went from love to hate all in one hour! Jessica and Scott, in comparison, were about as exciting to me as filing taxes. What I'm saying is, I think Susan and Coyt make the show interesting, and however much I disapprove of some of their antics, I am much happier to have them still around.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

  6. #36
    FORT Regular thirtyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    in the mountains
    Posts
    55
    Wow, i have a really different opinion than some of you. I thought her "show" during the first power challenge was way over the top. She totally turned me off. Didn't think he was "that" bad -- am wondering how he can stand her personally. I hope they get voted off because I don't think they belong together.

  7. #37
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by everyman
    boy, coythater, you're pretty passionate about this.
    tell me, when you meet someone new do you say, "hi, i'm scott" or "hi, i'm jessica"...or do you just say i'm a friend/family member of scott & jessica's"???

    scott & jessica were not the strongest couple--sorry. so much so, that they seemed the type you might want to save until later in the game & use an early vote for a stronger couple like andre & tanya. then again, andre & tanya seem a very cool couple, so (as a viewer--i'm glad they were spared). the point of the show is dramatic interaction, scott & jessica (good people, though they may be) just aren't the sort that make for interesting TV.
    as for coyt's "nuts"--personally, if i was in the 1st few seconds of just finding out i am the very 1st couple voted off a show i had invested as much as these contestants surely did....i'd appreciate a little compassion rather than someone rubbing salt in my wounds.
    as viewers, we may know the decision was more than "random", but scott & jessica had just been dealt some really bad news...i don't blame coyt for giving them an easier out than, "sorry, you just couldn't cut it."
    WELL PUT!! Who ever coythater is they need to let it go.

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey wendiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by coythater21
    Here's some controversy for you: What dork couldn't handle the fact that another couple was far superior in intellect and athletic ability and, therefore, voted them off, and then (since he's got gonads the size of peas) tells that couple to their face that it was "random"? Any guesses?..........Answer:..... that's right.......Coyt.
    I am so sick of "reality" tv shows where the strongest people get voted off first. What a loser. Dude, if you're going to take out your top competition then at least have the nuts.......oops typo......I meant guts........to admit that to their face.
    Coyt is the epitome of the sleazy reality tv nerd who starts scheming before he even steps off the plane, lies on tv, and somehow thinks that America won't notice.
    Dude, if you win: I say "so what!" That just means you're the type of person who would sell out and risk looking like a jacka$$ in front of millions of people to have someone pay for your wedding (for a marriage that won't last a year anyway).
    I'm out.
    I absolutely agree. I liked them at first but when Coyt ratted out about Ethan (was it Ethan?), my respect for him dropped. He didn't have to do that. Nobody can drag that out of you if you don't want to tell. I also thought he showed cowardice when he kept telling Susan they had to come up with some story to explain her behavior. Just tell the truth, jerk! But he really fell off my list when he told the couple it was "random". Gutless Liar.

  9. #39
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    69

    RE: tmbg99

    Quote Originally Posted by tmbg99
    Ummm.... maybe you're forgetting the point of these 'reality shows'... to WIN. If you ever played a sport or were involved in some type on competition (which, apparantly you never were or you'd know this already), you'd realize that you always start planning and 'scheming' before the event takes place. Remember tee-ball?? I remember having practices WEEKS before the first game, to plan and 'scheme', and I was 5! And never mind all of that, I'm sure you didn't just wing it at any of your job interviews, I'm sure there was some planning ahead of time. And this isn't the Miss America pagent where someone wins Miss Congeniality... it's a competition to see who can make the most special event in their lives even more memorable.
    In response to the above: I don't know what kind of tee-ball you played, or what kind of job interviews you've been on, but winning sporting events and getting jobs has never involved deceit or lying to people's faces instead of having the courage to confront my competition head on. Maybe you have to "scheme" to get your job.....I'll just stand on my credentials.

  10. #40
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    69

    RE: Everyman

    Quote Originally Posted by everyman
    boy, coythater, you're pretty passionate about this.
    tell me, when you meet someone new do you say, "hi, i'm scott" or "hi, i'm jessica"...or do you just say i'm a friend/family member of scott & jessica's"???

    scott & jessica were not the strongest couple--sorry. so much so, that they seemed the type you might want to save until later in the game & use an early vote for a stronger couple like andre & tanya. then again, andre & tanya seem a very cool couple, so (as a viewer--i'm glad they were spared). the point of the show is dramatic interaction, scott & jessica (good people, though they may be) just aren't the sort that make for interesting TV.
    as for coyt's "nuts"--personally, if i was in the 1st few seconds of just finding out i am the very 1st couple voted off a show i had invested as much as these contestants surely did....i'd appreciate a little compassion rather than someone rubbing salt in my wounds.
    as viewers, we may know the decision was more than "random", but scott & jessica had just been dealt some really bad news...i don't blame coyt for giving them an easier out than, "sorry, you just couldn't cut it."
    In response to Coyt,........oops, I mean "everyman":
    It is true that i know scott from high school. however, these postings were not sanctioned by him; these were my own feelings after watching the first episode; and if you have noticed i have not posted since.

    hopefully, this will respond to your posting. first, if you WATCH and actually LISTEN to the episode, coyt himself said prior to putting scott and jessica's name into the uninvited envelope that "both of them are strong." additionally, they showed coyt stating that scott was a trial lawyer and could manipulate people...that to me shows that coyt felt scott and jessica were a threat both physically and mentally. second, responding to your contention that they should have voted for andree and tonya; a possible reason they did not vote off andree and tonya was because they were in a committment with them.

    lastly, for you to say that scott and jessica were not the strongest couple may imply that you are friends of someone on the show and know something i dont know. nobody truly knows who the "strongest" couples are, we only know what nbc wants to show us and if they felt that it was necessary to show coyt stating what i already said above, it must have meant that scott and jessica were a stronger couple and that the power couples felt threatened.

    for everyone else who responded to my postings these were my feelings and that was the way i would have played the game. when i play games, i play to win, but i also play to beat the best. nobody wants to watch a superbowl between the st. louis rams and the cincinnati bengals, do they? added to this is the fact that he lied to their face. when you sign up for something like this everyone knows what they are getting involved in and if the couples wanted scott and jessica off because of their strength or occupation then just tell them. you did not see susan or the other power couple tell them it was random. If you couldn't get from my posting that my biggest problem with the way Coyt played the game was the fact that he didn't have the spine to just come out and be honest with scott and jess, hopefully I've spelled it out in enough detail for you now.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.