Thread: Susan and Coyt

That was idiotic.
    I think she forgot that she was immune.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    That was idiotic.
    I'm still not sure what that was about...but i liked them overall.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    That was idiotic.
    Sure Was!

But, my room mate and I really liked her in spite of (or maybe because of) her outburst. She was SOO awesome and calm during the challenge that we have assume that she was provoked and it was edited out. We cannot wait to see next weeks episode!

We love Fear Factor, but really are liking the idea of watching consistent characters with whom we can really get to know, unlike FF which has new people that we don't really know or care about each episode.

HURRY UP NEXT WEDNESDAY!!

Heidi and Jane

Heidi and Jane! Like you, I thought the strength and encouragement that Susan gave Coyt during the physical challenge was really moving. My husband and I were honestly teary-eyed.

But then the rest of the show? The second that they found out about the Andy commitment thing, the two of them did a total 360! Susan became like a paranoid schizophrenic who forgot to take her meds, and Coyt turned a weaselly liar.

I mean, what exactly was the point of lying to Scott at the end? To "lessen the pain" or because Coyt does not have the courage to stand behind his decision? Also, the ease with which Coyt can lie disturbs me.

So long story, short: I went from loving them to hating them by the end.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie
    Power Couple #1...... <- Baahhhh

"To have and to hold"... I thought Susan was not only beautiful but she also held up in strength, physically and emotionally, which helped both herself and coyt hold on to eachother the longest, as they dangled above in mid-air. She said to him, "Talk to me baby, just talk to me"..... Not about the game and being suspended and how hard it was to hang on... by many other couples were complaining about (it seemed as if many couples felt let down by the other when they could no longer hold on), but to susan it was about communicating effectively-how would she get coyt to respond to her in a positive way to help him hold on to her since he was the stronger of the two? The game is a test of their relationship, although competition is a part of the game, wouldn't you agree that to be part of a successful team you need to coach eachother? -Susan was the first in the game to make it beknown that she and coyt were going to succeed, not only in the competition, but in communicating with eachother to get through the tough/scarey times. -Ask yourself..... what would your response be when you felt your partner slipping away? Would your inital reaction feel as if your partner let you down? Would it be to get caught up in the in the excitement? Would it be to talk through it calmy or say a simple "I love you or Talk to me baby" to help your partner who will in turn help you? - Many couples seem to have the me me me mentality which can/will fail a relationship. Susan and Coyt are in the competition to win a wedding of their dreams... a wedding every little girl dreams of and most women can not obtain. My mother has always said, "A wedding lasts a day, A marriage lasts a lifetime"....It's the beginning and ending that people remember.... not what happens in the middle. Ask yourself: How does your relationship compare?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by tmbg99
    Ummm.... maybe you're forgetting the point of these 'reality shows'... to WIN. If you ever played a sport or were involved in some type on competition (which, apparantly you never were or you'd know this already), you'd realize that you always start planning and 'scheming' before the event takes place. Remember tee-ball?? I remember having practices WEEKS before the first game, to plan and 'scheme', and I was 5! And never mind all of that, I'm sure you didn't just wing it at any of your job interviews, I'm sure there was some planning ahead of time. And this isn't the Miss America pagent where someone wins Miss Congeniality... it's a competition to see who can make the most special event in their lives even more memorable.
    Well put TMBG99, I think we plan and/or "scheme" at everything in life. Thats the point of having GOALS! And no... it does not make us a bad person or bad people for thinking that way. Thats why in physical games such as soccer, hockey, lacrosse and football, a few popular sports, there are "GOALS" at the end.... we have to come up with a plan of attack to reach the goal,even if it means taking out the other guy (who is planning his own mission of attack against us), it is human nature to want to be the best. Your resume is titled with an objective, your "GOAL" for that job. How will you make yourself stand out and rule out the other competition to the eyes that matter? We plan/scheme create goals and ways to achieve them in our every breathe. A scheme is a choice of routes to achieve your GOAL.

The plan of the game is this:
    - Set a Goal: Million dollar wedding
    - Obstacles: Competing with 7 other athletic engaged couples in misc.
    stunts.
    - Mode of attack: Teamwork, physical strength, pep talks, eliminating
    couples, test of devotion to fiance
    - Process of couple elimination: Physically strong couples to be
    elimated first (narrows competivness), Gossipers elimated second
    (he said/she said ...no more said, You're Out, buh-bye!)
    - Ready, Set.....You Won the game!
    - Million dollar wedding mission accomplished

I'd like to be daring enough and state that a few of the readers on this fans link do not know how to set goals for themselves! Race to the Altar is a "game". "Games" are made to be played (the way I just played you to everyone reading!), made me be competitve and made to have a winner and a loser. Step out on a limb and trying creating a goal and game plan for yourself..... you just mind find you win!

To all those who never played t-ball at age 5........ Guess your sacks never got filled with real balls!
    Last edited by HIDFILA; 08-01-2003 at 12:18 PM.

FORT Newbie
    HIDFILA-- well put. that was what I was so impressed with hoe they handle it. I can sadly say that I dont know if I would have been able to do what Susan did, but I hope that I would. There is a way to win the game and I think that they are going about it the right way.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by vanyfoo
    HIDFILA-- well put. that was what I was so impressed with hoe they handle it. I can sadly say that I dont know if I would have been able to do what Susan did, but I hope that I would. There is a way to win the game and I think that they are going about it the right way.

It seemed like common sense to me! -plus...... drama is what makes viewers tune in to a reality tv show. Thanks for your comment! I apperciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by HIDFILA
    Well put TMBG99, I think we plan and/or "scheme" at everything in life. Thats the point of having GOALS! And no... it does not make us a bad person or bad people for thinking that way. Thats why in physical games such as soccer, hockey, lacrosse and football, a few popular sports, there are "GOALS" at the end.... we have to come up with a plan of attack to reach the goal,even if it means taking out the other guy (who is planning his own mission of attack against us), it is human nature to want to be the best. Your resume is titled with an objective, your "GOAL" for that job. How will you make yourself stand out and rule out the other competition to the eyes that matter? We plan/scheme create goals and ways to achieve them in our every breathe. A scheme is a choice of routes to achieve your GOAL.

The plan of the game is this:
    - Set a Goal: Million dollar wedding
    - Obstacles: Competing with 7 other athletic engaged couples in misc.
    stunts.
    - Mode of attack: Teamwork, physical strength, pep talks, eliminating
    couples, test of devotion to fiance
    - Process of couple elimination: Physically strong couples to be
    elimated first (narrows competivness), Gossipers elimated second
    (he said/she said ...no more said, You're Out, buh-bye!)
    - Ready, Set.....You Won the game!
    - Million dollar wedding mission accomplished

I'd like to be daring enough and state that a few of the readers on this fans link do not know how to set goals for themselves! Race to the Altar is a "game". "Games" are made to be played (the way I just played you to everyone reading!), made me be competitve and made to have a winner and a loser. Step out on a limb and trying creating a goal and game plan for yourself..... you just mind find you win!

To all those who never played t-ball at age 5........ Guess your sacks never got filled with real balls!

Hidfila - great input! It will be interesting how this couple responds next week. I think we can all agree that this seems to be the most dynamic couple on the show

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Heidi and Jane! Like you, I thought the strength and encouragement that Susan gave Coyt during the physical challenge was really moving. My husband and I were honestly teary-eyed.

But then the rest of the show? The second that they found out about the Andy commitment thing, the two of them did a total 360! Susan became like a paranoid schizophrenic who forgot to take her meds, and Coyt turned a weaselly liar.

I mean, what exactly was the point of lying to Scott at the end? To "lessen the pain" or because Coyt does not have the courage to stand behind his decision? Also, the ease with which Coyt can lie disturbs me.

So long story, short: I went from loving them to hating them by the end.
    i'm more on the wave length of heidi and jane. i was so moved by how well they worked as a team and how encouraging she was during the challenge that i give them latitude.
    socially, the outburst is impossible to ignore and IS a big deal...but i think their insecurities will lessen, and i believe they are a strong team. i don't like that coyt lied (i felt it was unnecessary), but i can kinda understand the awkwardness of the moment...and the hard fact that, as the PC, you had to select someone to leave...and really dash those people's hopes as far as the show was concerned. not saying i agree with it mind you---just that i think i kinda understand.
    Last edited by ihopej; 08-01-2003 at 04:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread