+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Susan and Coyt

Quote Originally Posted by A2fast4u
    About the whole Andy and Becca thing...GRow up , Cindy was more real then the 2 of you...
    Ok, this quote has to be from someone in the Cindy The Backstabbing Bitch Camp...... How can you actually say that "Cindy" was the more real?? When she was the one who was the backstabber..
    - R.I.P. John Ritter - You will be missed!!!!
    - Erika in BB4 Rocks! Aliwhore sucks
    - Carolyn & Ethan in Race To The Alter Rocks!! Cindy the Witch sucks
    - The Amazing Race & Survivor Rulez!!!!!
    - I'm never watching For Love Or Money where only Gold Diggers like Erin win.. Such a sad statement for society..
    - Cousin Mike in "The Family" is a Hottie!!!!!
    - THE FAMILY was the "Most" emotionally satisfying reality show ever!!

I didn't realize Susan was adopted. I thought she shared a strong family resemblance with her sister.

I felt Susan and Coyt were more in to winning the wedding than anything else. Little do they know that the competition for the wedding is going to look easy when compared to being married. Marriage is a beautiful thing, but it can be a very tough ride at times. I don't think the two of them are going to make it based on what I saw of them in the show. Neither one of them possesses the maturity it takes to sustain a lasting marriage. I hope I am wrong, but I don't see it lasting more than five years. I am being very generous in my estimate.

A Wonderful Wedding

Susan's parents missed a beautiful, touching, and flawless wedding. I got so caught up in the actual race until I forgot about the actual prize. It really was a fairy tale wedding come true more than worth all the competition to win.

The wedding vows and the first song performed during the bridal and groom dance was especially moving.

As a lifetime Southern Baptist, and a Christian since age 9, there is nothing that would keep me away from either of my daughters' weddings. I felt horrible for her on her wedding day, that her parents were not there. They absolutely could have "just said NO" to dancing and drinking, if they felt it wasn't right.

That being said, we were not given the other side, there may have been OTHER REASONS that were not divulged on tv why there were problems between Susan and her parents. It's easy to blame when only one point of view is given, remember that there is always another side.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    As a lifetime Southern Baptist, and a Christian since age 9, there is nothing that would keep me away from either of my daughters' weddings. I felt horrible for her on her wedding day, that her parents were not there. They absolutely could have "just said NO" to dancing and drinking, if they felt it wasn't right.

That being said, we were not given the other side, there may have been OTHER REASONS that were not divulged on tv why there were problems between Susan and her parents. It's easy to blame when only one point of view is given, remember that there is always another side.
    You're right that there could have been other problems...but it would take something pretty awful to keep me away from my children's weddings. I think Susan said that her parents would pay for a wedding done their (the parents) way, and that she and Coyt came on the show to win a wedding that would be done their way. So it sounded like the argument was mostly about the wedding details. But, as you said, we haven't heard the parents' side.

This was such a beautiful wedding! I may not have liked Susan & Coyt at all times, but I can't deny they deserved to win!

I loved the fact that they selected songs by Chantal Kreviazuk (a fellow Canadian) for their wedding song. Chantal looked great, she positively glows as an expectant mother, and she has such a beautiful voice!! (can you tell I'm a huge fan? What a awesome surprise to see her on RttA!!)

I also loved the words that were said when S&C exchanged rings.. is this something other people have used before or was it something S&C requested?
    Can anyone quote it for me? I can't remember the exact wording...

Quote Originally Posted by CA1817
    This was such a beautiful wedding! I may not have liked Susan & Coyt at all times, but I can't deny they deserved to win!
    I thought Susan looked beautiful, and the dress was exquisite. Interesting choice not to wear a veil but I think a good one since the dress was so amazing and had that interesting backline [??? what is the back equivalent of a neckline, anyway????].
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I for one am very happy that Susan and Coyt won. Considering the circumstances about her parents refusing to pay for or even attend a weddding in the fashion that the couple wanted, I can understand a little more about why they were so determined to win.

IMO there is nothing wrong with being competitive and although the couple argued at times, (what couple did not) they always seemed to respect each other in the end and talk it through. Since more than 50% of American marriages end in divorce I figure these two have just as good a chance as anyone else to make it.

I wish them the best in life and am so pleased that after their hard work and obvious strong commitment to each other that they were able to win the wedding of their dreams.

Congratulations Susan and Coyt. You deserved to win and I am very happy for you.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by 1934maple
    I can't believe that I was actually surprised that they won. Although they DID do a great job in the challenges, they certainly LACKED the grace & sophistication of Carolyn & Ethan. It was a shame that her parents decided not to attend, especially after watching the series and knowing how important this was to their (adopted) daughter.

i agreed with you about carolyn and ethan--i thought they handled themselves very well throughout, even to the point of being eliminated. they responded with maturity and grace.

imagine my disappointment when carolyn was seen rolling her eyes constantly through the wedding ceremony like a petulant 16 year old! She refused to talk to anyone, and behaved like a snobbish little teenager. It was a beautiful event that was about a marriage (the game was over, and she was a guest at someone's wedding. period) and she did NOT behave gracefully or display any tact all evening.

i was terribly disappointed.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by CA1817

I loved the fact that they selected songs by Chantal Kreviazuk (a fellow Canadian) for their wedding song. Chantal looked great, she positively glows as an expectant mother, and she has such a beautiful voice!! (can you tell I'm a huge fan? What a awesome surprise to see her on RttA!!)

I also loved the words that were said when S&C exchanged rings.. is this something other people have used before or was it something S&C requested?
    Can anyone quote it for me? I can't remember the exact wording...
    i'm going to buy here CD today!!! She was wonderful!

+ Reply to Thread